Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

I hope Horizon helps me this time...

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

I hope Horizon helps me this time...

Old 06-22-2006, 02:16 AM
aerobatixkid

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I hope Horizon helps me this time...

Hello All.

Well, I recieved probably the worst ARF i've ever bought. I have had this plane before, and I decided to get another air frame after I sold the other one. Take a look at this cowl, this is just the minor problem. Other problems are poorly fitting tail surfaces, warp in the wing, and cracked canopy.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn37239.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	481066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59464.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	481067   Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49550.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	481068  
Old 06-22-2006, 06:24 AM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: I hope Horizon helps me this time...

Take a look at the thread on H9 quality pertaining to the Hell Cat I bought. I bet they will tell you tht you are first one to compalin, and they know of no issues related to the plane.
Old 06-22-2006, 07:28 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

My Funtana had a cracked canopy when it came, Horizon replaced it no questions asked. It was shipped pre-paid and came in a couple of days from my phone call. They didn't even want any of the pictures I took.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:16 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is good to inspect the kit when it arrives and then send it back if it fails your inspection. I try not to hassle with getting them to "fix" the kit. They sold it, let it be their problem (anyone, not just Horizon).
Old 06-22-2006, 10:44 AM
aerobatixkid

I guess I am going to make it a habit to dump everything out on the lawn on a sunny day to make sure theres nothing wrong with the kit. This is what happens when you get left a small 4x8 space to build in. Have to keep stuff in the box
Old 06-22-2006, 05:28 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Please dont bash me for this because I too have purchased H9planes , some good others ok .
I tried my luck on ebay and so far so --great , bought a Hellcat, P47 and seafury .
All three have fiberglass fuse , all three are better then average and all three are less then $129 to my door -each .

My point is that I am tired of paying H9/horizon for being the middle man if they are not going to deliver better then expecttations ---yes better .
If I pay $79 for a 66" span model , I dont mind reinforecing things , tweeking things or even buying a new cowl , considering the fuse is fiberglass , the tail feathers are correct ect ect .
Remember I am not bashing you as a fellow Rc guy , I am right with you and have bought H9 -(my corsair is on line on RCU ) my point is that I will really need a good reason to buy again
Old 06-22-2006, 06:12 PM
aerobatixkid

Well, if I paid $79 for this ARF i wouldn't mind buying a new cowl either, but considering I paid $300 cdn for this airplane I am pretty pissed off.
Old 06-23-2006, 01:09 AM
Sportflyr
Banned
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel your pain...

The problem with "make sure you inspect your kit" is that sometimes you can inspect
it and it will look great until...you assemble it!

For instance my H9 Arrow showed a major flaw in how the tail sat...after I used locktite
on the two main bolts that hold the whole tail assembly down. The horizontal stab sat severely
warped and I could not get the tail off to do anything about it unless I ruined the whole tail. The blindnuts
would not come loose so I had to basically twist until the hardwood they were installed in just gave way.

My Calmato Sports also had a hor. stab that flapped as you moved the elevator due to being built warped.

But, to get to your problem, both companies sent me new tail sets on request with no questions asked.
I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue with a cowling. Is it an issue of not being able to use the
Horizon 1-888 number in Canada, because I'm willing to bet they will help you.
Please disregard this if you have already had communications
with them and please don't take it as an insult.

You did not state whether or not you talked to them. Waiting kinda sucks I know but, that's a
condition of our prebuilt hobby fetish.

What's the other issues with the kit?

Please keep us posted and good luck!

[EDIT] My apologies, it is actually an 877 number (1-877-504-0233).
Old 06-23-2006, 10:04 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Keep trying and good luck
Old 06-23-2006, 10:32 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sportflyr

I feel your pain...

The problem with "make sure you inspect your kit" is that sometimes you can inspect
it and it will look great until...you assemble it!

For instance my H9 Arrow showed a major flaw in how the tail sat...after I used locktite
on the two main bolts that hold the whole tail assembly down. The horizontal stab sat severely
warped and I could not get the tail off to do anything about it unless I ruined the whole tail. The blindnuts
would not come loose so I had to basically twist until the hardwood they were installed in just gave way.

My Calmato Sports also had a hor. stab that flapped as you moved the elevator due to being built warped.

But, to get to your problem, both companies sent me new tail sets on request with no questions asked.
I'm sure they wouldn't have an issue with a cowling. Is it an issue of not being able to use the
Horizon 1-888 number in Canada, because I'm willing to bet they will help you.
Please disregard this if you have already had communications
with them and please don't take it as an insult.

You did not state whether or not you talked to them. Waiting kinda sucks I know but, that's a
condition of our prebuilt hobby fetish.

What's the other issues with the kit?

Please keep us posted and good luck!

[EDIT] My apologies, it is actually an 877 number (1-877-504-0233).

--------------

You are absolutely right. All you can do is the best you can do. Sometimes you still get stuck.