Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Kangke Monocoupe

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Kangke Monocoupe

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:24 PM
ekir
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kangke Monocoupe

I am interested in the Kangke Monocoupe. I am not sure if I want the smaller yellow or larger red model.

Would an OS 120 4-stroke be a good match for the smaller Yellow Monocoupe?

Would an G-38 Gas be to large for the Red Monocoupe?

Thanks,

Ed
Old 07-27-2006, 09:57 PM
shford
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: Kangke Monocoupe

Ed,
I am buiding my second yellow monocoupe. Dumb thumbed the first one. The first one had a Magnum 91 FS. It flew ok, but needed long take offs without flaps and didn't climb with much authority. My second one will have an OS 120 FS or Saito 120 . I have both engines, just haven't made up my mind. Should have plenty of power. I have read where some guys flew it with a Saito 100 with no problems. One guy in our club had the red one and flew it with a Saito 170 radial. Most of these I have seen flown with gas.
Sam
Old 08-06-2006, 09:05 AM
Bill Yonescu
My Feedback: (44)

I am buiding my second yellow monocoupe
Hi Sam,

Since you built it twice I hope you can give me a clue with how the windshield gets cut and fitted to the fuselage. Does it go over the white part? Does it go between the wing and fugelage?? The manual isn't clear or I may have missed something..

Anyone else who has a thought please feel free to comment.

Thanks in advance,

Bill
Old 08-06-2006, 07:37 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the 120 will fly the smaller one very well. I'm flying mine with a Irvine 72 and it flies very good. The first few flights I felt it was underpowered but the more the engine gets broke in I think it's a good match for the plane. I really like mine, enjoy.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:55 AM
builder jim

[&:]it goes over the white though its easy to make a paper template and cut out one that looks and fits better than the kit supplied one.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:09 PM
Bill Yonescu

Thanks for the info...I will fit it as soon as I get back from a trip..

Bill
Old 08-09-2006, 07:11 AM
ekir

Looking at the specs on the Monocoupe, it says that it is a two pc. wing. Does this mean that it stays a two pc wing for easy transportation or will the two halfs be glued together to make one large wing to transport?

Ed
Old 08-09-2006, 08:06 AM
Bill Yonescu

It stays a two price wing with a very nice wing tube and retaining screws that attach from inside the cabin top. A very nice plane.... Bill

You can see the manual - http://kangkeusa.com/instructions/Monocoupe%2060.pdf
Old 08-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Bill Yonescu

Thanks all for the e-mail and posts... my windshield was a little wider than the fuselage and that was making the gap between the wing and fuselage more than it should have been. A little heat from a covering iron and it molded and shaped much better to the fuselage. It should come out pretty good when I glue or screw it in place.

Bill
Old 08-28-2006, 01:20 PM
BUGGS50

previously posted
Ed,
I am buiding my second yellow monocoupe . Dumb thumbed the first one. The first one had a Magnum 91 FS. It flew ok, but needed long take offs without flaps and didn't climb with much authority. My second one will have an OS 120 FS or Saito 120 . I have both engines, just haven't made up my mind. Should have plenty of power. I have read where some guys flew it with a Saito 100 with no problems. One guy in our club had the red one and flew it with a Saito 170 radial. Most of these I have seen flown with gas.
Sam

I lost radio contact with my chipmunk and it went in yesterday, the engine is a magnum 91 fs and was thinking about the yellow monocoupe as a replacement. Did your 1st one go in because not enough power? and the long take off run is with flaps or without? could you do loops, rolls ? I'd appreciate any information you could give me on the yellow monocoupe with a 91 fs.

thanks

buggs
Old 08-28-2006, 01:45 PM
IronCross

I was planning on using the Mag .91 4s in mine also... Fits good in there... I set my Saito 1.20 in there to check the fit and the back of the prop seems like it is about an inch in front of the cowl ?... How are you guys handling that ?... Hate to major chopping on the firewall....
Old 08-28-2006, 04:31 PM
gnirwin

Like I stated earlier I'm using an Irvine 72 in mine with no flaps and I don't have a long takeoff. I also had to add alot of weight to the front of mine to get it to balance (almost a pound), this was after I went back and moved some things around to help the ballance. If you would go with a bigger battery and mount it out on the engine beam and try to mount your throttle servo on the firewall, anything to get the balance weight down I think the 91 f.s. will fly it fine. I think my Irvine is more powerful than a 90 size f.s.
Old 08-28-2006, 07:15 PM
IronCross

Got any prop/rpm figures on that setup ?... My Mag .91 will swing a 14x6 APC comfortably at around 9800 rpm static... Maybe a 15x4 for the monocoupe ?... Looks like a lot of plane though for a .91
Old 08-31-2006, 05:25 PM
BUGGS50

Well I bought a monocoupe and received it today. looks pretty nice, I'm putting in my 91 4stroke with flaps, I'm hoping it will be enough power. If not, I do have a 120 4stroke but I was hoping to save it for a GP Stearman. I'll post and let you know how it goes.

Buggs
Old 08-31-2006, 05:33 PM
IronCross

Be nice if it works... It fits real nice One other problem I see is the wing struts... They look like they ount on the landing gear ?... Wondering if a hard landing that flexes the gear won't drive the other end through the wing ??...
Old 08-31-2006, 06:48 PM
gnirwin

this plane lands like a dream, there won't be too many "hot" landings to worry about destroying the wings. Remember, this plane is very tail heavy. Do what you can to adjust for this and your 90 will fly this plane ok.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:56 PM
BUGGS50

Thanks for the information, I'll be starting to put it together tomorrow (saturday).

Buggs
Old 09-16-2006, 09:35 AM
Bill Yonescu

ORIGINAL: gnirwin

this plane lands like a dream, there won't be too many "hot" landings to worry about destroying the wings. Remember, this plane is very tail heavy. Do what you can to adjust for this and your 90 will fly this plane ok.

Boy is it tail heavy... I used an OS FX .91 with a slimline pitts muffler... That combo is about 6 ozs less than the SK 80 and muffler that both the manual an RCU's review say it will balance within the 2 1/2 - 3 1/4 range... well.. I had to add 18 ozs of lead on the engine mount just to get it to balance at the 3 1/4 " point... I will add another 2 - 4 ozs just to be on the safe side for the first flight.

Bill
Old 09-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Bill Yonescu

Just another note:

I had to remove about 3/16" more from the root edge of both flaps to clear the window lip when the flaps were fully extended. Mine now has a 3/8" gap between the wing root and the flap inner edge... just clears with this gap.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94961.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	525440   Click image for larger version

Name:	Aw70593.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	525441  
Old 09-20-2006, 10:44 PM
BUGGS50

Thanks for the information, I would of had the same problem with the flaps being too close to the windows, A couple other things I run into were;

1.) my supplied motor mount was not long enough.

2.) I put in a mag. 91 4stroke inverted and had to cut the cowl at the bottom, the head was touching the cowl. (I thought I read that the Mag 91 fit inside the cowl) Not a big deal but trying to see if anybody else did the same.

and then, Bill Yonescu did you fly your plane yet? I'm wondering how a 91 4stroke powers the plane.

Thanks
Buggs
Old 09-21-2006, 05:59 AM
Bill Yonescu

Hi Buggs,

I haven't flown it yet... probably will fly it within a week..

I have an FX .91 2-stroke in it not the FS.91 4 stroke. I chose the 2 stroke so I wouldn't have to cut the cowl, It was a very nice fit.

As far as flying the Monocoupe with the FS-91, it should fly well. I used a FS-91 in my TF Bonanza weighing about 15 lbs and it flew well... very scale-like.

Bill
Old 09-21-2006, 08:43 PM
gnirwin

I think your OS .91 will be a perfect engine for this plane, you'll love it.
Old 09-23-2006, 03:01 PM
Old Dutch
My Feedback: (34)

Roger on the gap between Fuse & Flaps. This is very desireable for good control when using the Flaps, as air can now flow there. If the plans did not indicate a proper space there, they should have.............Cheers!......Rich
Old 10-01-2006, 10:20 PM
BUGGS50

Well I finished it up last night and flew it today(yellow monocoupe). It was windy here in Iowa today so I waited till about 6:00 pm. The wind let up a little but still had a cross wind. I flew it twice, 1st take off (oh by the way I'm the guy that has a mag. .91 fs) as I was saying 1st take off (no flaps) it tracked down the runway pretty good, I think I lifted off a little soon and it rocked pretty good. I also think I tried climbing out to steep, I leveled out a little and gained speed and then climbed out not so steep. The 2nd take off I did a little longer run and climbed out more scale like. the 2nd take off was pretty. In the sky it flew fantastic, I did rolls, loops, inverted flight, the loops you need a downward run, at level flight and go into a loop I just barley get over the top. The first landing I employed full flaps and I landed it a little rough ( not real pretty) the 2nd landing (no flaps) and I greased it. I still have to play with the flaps. I did not put the struts on this first time in fear of a hard landing might damage the wing. So with 2 flights in, I agree with some other previous posts that a .91 fs will fly this plane, lots of power in the sky (at least for the way I fly) but it probaly could use a little more power on take off but it is ok like this, You have to take off more scale like (no steep climb outs) but thats ok cause I like trying to make it look real. I have to get use to this plane and once I do It will become my favorite. Everyone at the flying field thought it look great. Even had a couple guy come up and shake my hand on the nice plane & sucessful maiden flight. The build went pretty good, I mentioned in a previous post some of the little things I ran into but nothing too serious. BUT I to was tail heavy, I had to put 19 ounces of lead up front to get it to balance. I was worried about having to put all this weight up front if my .91 would be enough but it was. I have a baby scale so I don't know how accurate it is but the plane weighed in at 10.8 lbs. I'll post some pictures a little later and keep you posted on some future flights.

Buggs
Old 10-10-2006, 09:51 PM
BUGGS50

Flew the yellow monocoupe twice more and the more I fly it the more I'm convinced that the Mag .91 FS is big enough for this plane. It fly's great. The loco full scale airstrip had a picnic and invited our RC club out to demostrate our planes. It was great. We had 6 pilots there and we brought 12 planes. We took no chances and flew 1 plane at a time. The full scale pilots loved it and our guys loved it also. I brought my monocoupe in for a touch and go, when I touched, the grass was long and I flipped it to its top.broke 2 mounting blocks for the cowl but that was it. I got alot of compliments on the coupe.

Buggs

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.