Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Building the world models clipped wing cub-48

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Building the world models clipped wing cub-48

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2008, 11:07 PM
forestroke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Building the world models clipped wing cub-48

salty, ironically, looks sweet.
Old 04-25-2008, 07:39 AM
waagbuck
My Feedback: (1)

I have had this plane for about 4 years and agree that it's a great flyer. I like it for just puttering around and doing touch-and-gos.
I fly it with an OS 52, which is the right amount of power and very fuel efficient. I get at least 30 minutes of flying time on one stock tank of 15% fuel.

The landing gear has worked flawlessly for me, although I did notice one of the joints had come loose at one point, so I just cleaned it up a bit and soldered it. No further repairs needed.

I did have a problem on an early flight with the wing hold-down dowel slipping back into the wing. Unfortunately this happened shortly after take-off. The wing flipped back and fluttered to the ground while the fuse made a quick descent to the earth, missile-style. A little bit of reconstructive surgery on the back end of the wing, a new wing dowel (this time securely glued), some removal of dirt from the engine and a new cowel was all that was needed. The plane flies great now, and is perhaps more enjoyable because it's already been crashed.

Old 05-01-2008, 10:14 PM
Salty25
My Feedback: (9)

I cut a piece of balsa bigger then the one provided, just to cover more of the compartment. Originally I was going to put a passenger in with the pilot but never got around to doing that.

I had a weld come loose on my LG also, a little bit of solder was all it took plus a touch of flat black to keep the color. I thought about trying to tweak the gear to get some toe going on it a suggestion from someone at the field. I never did get to do that, was afraid of breaking the wire and having to get a new gear. I just got use to managing the rudder during take offs just made me a better pilot.
Old 05-10-2008, 05:51 PM
stallwart

I maidened my Clipped Wing Cub today. Except for having a fairly windy day for first flight of a such a "busy" plane, all went well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ay74923.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	946858   Click image for larger version

Name:	To44419.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	946859  
Old 07-22-2008, 05:45 PM
ace1726

Well, here is my version of the Cub. I decided to upgrade the wheels, cause they just didn't do it for me.... Mine is powered by an Evo 46. Just two flights so far, but it is a great flyer.

Old 07-22-2008, 09:30 PM
forestroke

i haven't been flying since getting engaged in september last year. now i'm married, moved and itching to get back to it! all this cub talk has got me ready to get my cubs back in the air! thanks!