Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Seagull Models Razzle

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Seagull Models Razzle

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 10:46 PM
rcjetpilot
My Feedback: (35)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seagull Models Razzle

Has anyone built or flown this ARF? I purchased one because I needed a kick around flyer ... Its a really cool looking plane.

On its maiden flight I did a perfect hover into a 20mph headwind with an excellent 3 point landing and the fuse split into two pieces on contact with the pavement (it wasnt a very hard landing). The fuse broke the four (balsa not hardwood) stringers that hold the entire rear section of the plane, the canopy seperated from the rear section revieling no glue.

The plane looks cool but is poorly constructed with inferior parts. If you plan to purchase one you had better remove all covering and beef up the fuse. I was going to fly identical planes with a friend but when I told him about the problems I had he removed all his covering to find that most of the bulkheads have no or very little glue on them.

I purchased this from a local hobby shop and they are not much help, does any know the main distributor for seagull models, so I can contact them and get so resolution to my problem?

Thanks
Ray Grauberger
Old 01-11-2003, 12:20 AM
Flatspin-RCU

Default razzel

Ray...check the post "Razzel or Flip" in the 3D forum. I was also considering one. I guess the company changed names from Seagull models to Irvine models..hope this helps

Ron
Old 01-11-2003, 12:29 AM
Mike Bogh
My Feedback: (14)

Distributed by Horizon hobby.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:30 AM
flyinmagician

Ray, I'm just finishing up a Razzle. It really is a great lookin plane.
What engine did you put in yours?
I Clay
Old 01-12-2003, 05:46 PM
rcjetpilot
My Feedback: (35)

Default Engine Used

I put a saito 65 on my Razzle. Ithad plenty of power, the plane is so light.
Old 01-12-2003, 10:50 PM
flyinmagician

I put a tower hobbie 75 in it. aluminum spinner it looks cool!
Old 01-13-2003, 06:57 PM
mucho-gravitas

I put a YS120 (4 stroke) with a 14x8 prop on my Razzle. The plane weighed out at 7.25 lbs (approx. 19 oz per square foot). She will hover at less than 1/4 stick. The plane flies very nice and very predictable. After a few more flights I will be adding additional weight to the tail so that more aggressive 3d action can be experienced (It is flying pretty aggressive now...). The only problems I am experiencing is when I try to Harrier. The wings tic-toc back and forth a little. The only modifications I made to the plane was that I located the fuel tank over the CG line and I had to raise my landing gear and install 3.5" foam wheels so that the prop would clear. I did not install the engine cowling so if anyone need a replacement, I have a brand new one for sale. One last thing, be careful when handling the model....it is easy to crack the wood on the top side of the fuselage and on the wing pan if you squeeze too hard.