Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Sig Rascal 110

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Sig Rascal 110

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sig Rascal 110

Has everyone seen the new offering from Aeroworks yet? Looks like they must have thought that SIG would not be coming out with the Rascal 110 again. The Bravata comes with mains but is float ready and sports a 110" WS.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sq46750.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	1692677  
Old 11-28-2011, 04:00 PM
Pa-18cub150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any one else looking for the pdf [link=http://www.kavanrc.de/instructions/sigrc84arfrascal110.pdf]build manual [/link]
Old 11-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

I keep asking them for info but got none. You have info on it? Brian

ORIGINAL: Zippi

Has everyone seen the new offering from Aeroworks yet? Looks like they must have thought that SIG would not be coming out with the Rascal 110 again. The Bravata comes with mains but is float ready and sports a 110'' WS.

Old 11-28-2011, 04:39 PM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

That Bravata looks pretty nice!
Have any more info on it?

Jim
Old 11-28-2011, 08:25 PM
CellTech

I was hoping Sig would kit the Rascal 110. I was going to buy a couple. At $550 bucks plus shipping charges for the BARF I don't think so, they can keep it. I think SIG has surpassed the price point and won't have any trouble keeping them stock piled. I wouldn't be surpised if the new manufacturer is now a Vietnam company. If so the BARF will take a giant leap back. As a Sig customer for several decades they are really letting the modelers down with the influx of Chinese Junk. Oh well perhaps the new owners think they know what they are doing.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:10 AM
Didg

I would hope that the quality of Sig's new aircraft dosen't go down as this would ruin their excellent reputation.
However, Extreme Flight have their models made in the far east and they are very well made.
So it's more down to the individual factory rather than a geographic region. Anyway, we will have to wait and see.

As for cost, $550 for you guys will be roughly £550 in the UK, that's aprox $853. So it's all relative. there's expensive and there's EXPENSIVE :O
But for me the Rascal has been the best 'plane I've ever owned. It does slow, it does fast, it's great for lazy cruising yet it's fully aerobatic and it looks nice.
I wish I hadn't sold my last one and unfortunately for my bank ballance, I'm gonna have to buy another and HOPE that the quality will be as good.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:20 AM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: Brian Smith

I keep asking them for info but got none. You have info on it? Brian

Has everyone seen the new offering from Aeroworks yet? Looks like they must have thought that SIG would not be coming out with the Rascal 110 again. The Bravata comes with mains but is float ready and sports a 110'' WS.

Brian,

All I got out of Aeroworks was the pic that I posted plus the ad in Model Aviation shows it has a 110" WS and it's for a 30cc gasser. I would look for the price on the Bravata to be around the same price as their Sport Cub that I had.
Old 11-29-2011, 06:02 AM
jameighan

Members,
I have been flying the Sig Rascal 110 with an Enya R120 for the last 5 years and this is my first ARF. The only problem that I had was the landing gear assembly and the light weight wheels. I fixed the landing gear issue by re-enforcing the aluminum metal gear with 3/16 music wire. I attached the music wire to the under-side of the gear with 1/4" U-bolts.

I also replaced the wheels with Du-Bro balloon wheels and deleted the wheel pants due to a clearance issue.

I think I paid around $400 for the ARF from my local hobby shop back in 2006.

The new release with flaps would be a great design improvement, but Sig would be selling more of these if the cost was under $500.

I also think that another good option would be to sell the Rascal in the bare bones so that the front end can the fuel proofed without the covering in place.

FYI,
Jim Meighan
Old 11-29-2011, 06:18 AM
king_arthur1953

ORIGINAL: jameighan

Members,
I have been flying the Sig Rascal 110 with an Enya R120 for the last 5 years and this is my first ARF. The only problem that I had was the landing gear assembly and the light weight wheels. I fixed the landing gear issue by re-enforcing the aluminum metal gear with 3/16 music wire. I attached the music wire to the under-side of the gear with 1/4'' U-bolts.

I also replaced the wheels with Du-Bro balloon wheels and deleted the wheel pants due to a clearance issue.

I think I paid around $400 for the ARF from my local hobby shop back in 2006.

The new release with flaps would be a great design improvement, but Sig would be selling more of these if the cost was under $500.

I also think that another good option would be to sell the Rascal in the bare bones so that the front end can the fuel proofed without the covering in place.

FYI,
Jim Meighan
I agree with the landing gear issue. I did the same upgrade as well as reinforcing the bottom of the fuselage. As far as the fuel proofing goes, after destroying the front end of the rascal when my receiver battery failed, I had to build a completely build the front end from scratch. I fuel proofed it then as well as installing a 16oz fuel tank and a second receiver battery.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:05 AM
jbarnes

Jim, the Bravata is very nice, typical Aeroworks quality. They have a painted set of floats available for it with the water rudder and servo in the float, totally hidden. They have the prototype on display at the office if you want to see it with the floats attached. I didn't ask about price or availability.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Hammbone

Thanks for the info Jerry,
I guess I'll have to make a trip to the store and check it out.

Jim
Old 11-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Brian Smith
My Feedback: (117)

What is the price tag? Please tell them there are others of us too far to come visit that are asking? They could answer my 2 emails. Thanks Brian
ORIGINAL: jbarnes

Jim, the Bravata is very nice, typical Aeroworks quality. They have a painted set of floats available for it with the water rudder and servo in the float, totally hidden. They have the prototype on display at the office if you want to see it with the floats attached. I didn't ask about price or availability.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:10 AM
jbarnes

Brian, they usually don't price the new models until they announce them for sale.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Hammbone

I just heard from an Aeroworks tech this morning. They are still finalizing all the details and expect to have the plane on their website in the next couple of weeks, including the price.
We're just going to have to wait......

Jim
Old 11-29-2011, 08:58 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: CellTech

I was hoping Sig would kit the Rascal 110. I was going to buy a couple. At $550 bucks plus shipping charges for the BARF I don't think so, they can keep it. I think SIG has surpassed the price point and won't have any trouble keeping them stock piled. I wouldn't be surpised if the new manufacturer is now a Vietnam company. If so the BARF will take a giant leap back. As a Sig customer for several decades they are really letting the modelers down with the influx of Chinese Junk. Oh well perhaps the new owners think they know what they are doing.
Well, the Rascal 110 was never a it, and had a lot of success. It flew really nice properly powered, and really overpowered it flew even better:-) My guess is that they know what they are doing with the 110...

Gerry
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

Well, the Rascal 110 was never a it, and had a lot of success. It flew really nice properly powered, and really overpowered it flew even better:-) My guess is that they know what they are doing with the 110...

Gerry
Actually I meant to say "...the Rascal 110 was never a Kit, and it had a lot of success". My fingers have a mind of their own...

Gerry
Old 11-29-2011, 03:26 PM
CellTech

Whoa! I see the kadet senior barf is now listed for three hundred bucks plus shipping surcharges. My conclusion is Sign has gone insane. I didn't realize the value of the greenback is now almost worthless. Perhaps oriental laborunion strikes are the culprit. Me hopes bars will go away and the kits will make a comeback
Old 11-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Zippi

Ok, who else is getting one of the new Rascal 110's besides me??? I put one (Blue) on pre-order as of yesterday. I still have my servo's (HS-5645MG) and the 3 1/2" Tru-Turn spinner from my last 110. I am still pondering about the muscle for the business end. DLE 30, Syssia 30, Mintor 33 or38.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:10 PM
GerKonig

Whoa! I see the kadet senior barf is now listed for three hundred bucks plus shipping surcharges. My conclusion is Sign has gone insane. I didn't realize the value of the greenback is now almost worthless. Perhaps oriental laborunion strikes are the culprit. Me hopes bars will go away and the kits will make a comeback

Check Nitroplanes. I saw an ad where they had a Sig Kadet Senior lookalike on sale for about $88.

Gerry
PS: Look at the beginning of the thread the price of the Rascal (this was may years ago:-)
Old 11-29-2011, 04:22 PM
GerKonig

Check this one out, it is from Nitroplanes $89.95. They call it super Senior 60. $300 for a Kadet Senior is way too much. they want to recoup in too short a period of time...

Top quality balsa and plywood construction!

Specs
Wing Span: 80.3 in / 2040 mm
Wing Area: 1225 sq in / 79.5 sq.dm
Fuselage Length: 64.5 in / 1640 mm
Flying Weight: 6.0 lb / 2800 g

Requirements
Radio Required: 4 channels 5servos
Engine Required: 2c 0.61- 0.75 cu in

Notes
Float is sold separately. If you like float planes, this plane is worth the upgrade!

Gerry
Old 11-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Didg

In my oppinion, Re cost; If you want one you pay the money. If you think it's too expensive then don't buy one. It's your choice.
Shouldn't this thread be about the Rascal 110 rather than what you can buy for less $'s?

Anyhoo, I'm going to be getting one, been waiting waaaaay too long. I checked with Kavan Europe (importers for sig) and I can pre order, however they have heared nothing from Sig about the new 110 yet :/
I'll be fitting a Laser 180 in mine.[8D]

Old 11-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

Ok, who else is getting one of the new Rascal 110's besides me??? I put one (Blue) on pre-order as of yesterday. I still have my servo's (HS-5645MG) and the 3 1/2'' Tru-Turn spinner from my last 110. I am still pondering about the muscle for the business end. DLE 30, Syssia 30, Mintor 33 or38.
How did you place one on pre-order?
Old 11-30-2011, 03:14 PM
Zippi

ORIGINAL: Hill202

Ok, who else is getting one of the new Rascal 110's besides me??? I put one (Blue) on pre-order as of yesterday. I still have my servo's (HS-5645MG) and the 3 1/2'' Tru-Turn spinner from my last 110. I am still pondering about the muscle for the business end. DLE 30, Syssia 30, Mintor 33 or38.
I contacted Sig a few months back inquiring about the Rascal 110 and was ask if I wanted to be on there pre-order list. This didn't mean I was locked in to buying one but I was told I would be contacted later on. I was never contaced by Sig about the arrival date of the new Rascal 110 so I kept emailing them. Once I saw the ad in the December issue of Model Aviation it was pretty clear that it was going to become reality. I also had a 25% of gift certificate that was going to run out on December the 5th so I called to see if I could place an order and they took it. I'm told that they should be in around December the 15th.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Hill202
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: Hill202

I contacted Sig a few months back inquiring about the Rascal 110 and was ask if I wanted to be on there pre-order list. This didn't mean I was locked in to buying one but I was told I would be contacted later on. I was never contaced by Sig about the arrival date of the new Rascal 110 so I kept emailing them. Once I saw the ad in the December issue of Model Aviation it was pretty clear that it was going to become reality. I also had a 25% of gift certificate that was going to run out on December the 5th so I called to see if I could place an order and they took it. I'm told that they should be in around December the 15th.
Thanks, I appreciate the info.
Old 12-01-2011, 12:42 PM
JeffinTD

Subscribed, as I am very interested in this plane.

RE: price, in the Internet age if something flies poorly everyone will know in short order, but the flip side is if something has superior flight performance and quality that will get around too. If the first owners of the new Rascal find it to be truly excellent and worth the price, I think it will sell.

I wonder how one of the Saito gas engines would do in it...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.