Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

sig large sundancer arf

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

sig large sundancer arf

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 12:09 PM
ivyspoppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: sig large sundancer arf

I have been flying mine a lot this year w a 3.7 King w 22x10 prop, fantastic flyer. A buddy of mine just ordered 1. I used black stripe tape to separate the colors. Looks better lots of comments on it. I also used Band B gear reinforcements to make the gear strongers.No problems w the plane what so ever. I am getting another for back up.
Old 02-03-2008, 09:31 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I started to assemble mine about a year ago, due to moving into a new house and building a new shop the build got postponed, well i'm back to the assembly and I am amazed at the both the quality and ease of build of this ARF. The hardware is absolutely outstanding, teflon inserted steel control horns (the best I have ever seen or used). All steel clevises with spring retainers on the control arms, all cut to the correct length and pre- assembled (the best metal ones I have ever seen on an ARF). the rear tail wheel is outstanding (once again, I have never seen better). All the tail wires, once again all precut andpre assembled, outstanding quality. I know I have seen this plane compared to some other bipes this size but the hardware and quality of the others don't match the Sundancer.
Old 02-05-2008, 08:14 PM
dgliderguy

Pictures, please!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:21 PM
gnirwin

here's some pictures of my Sundancer and in the background you can see my nearly completed new shop. Sorry about the double picture post. I have my G62 mounted and I will have to do some fancy cowl cutting to accept the muffler I want to use, I'm thinking about a split cowl similar to the Cardens I see (anyone done this before?). All the control rods are all pre cut and assembled as shown in the picture, The plane goes together very fast because of all the pre assembly done for you. The hinges are "pin" type and the holes are predrilled as well. An over all very well built plane.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91566.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	330.5 KB
ID:	876153   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wr55717.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	876154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ua70751.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	314.1 KB
ID:	876155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jc86068.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	259.9 KB
ID:	876156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gs94234.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	876157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Du21200.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	876158  
Old 02-11-2008, 07:02 PM
gnirwin

some more pics. I didn't particularly care for the open cockpit canopy that came with the kit. I thought a regular enclosed canopy on a more modern airframe would look better and I'm glad I replaced mine. Some red transparent paint added to the look MHO. waiting on a prop and muffler to finish the build. I also want to add a smoke system of some type, I need to do a search on here to read up about them.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79219.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	280.9 KB
ID:	876186   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32153.jpg
Size:	224.7 KB
ID:	876187   Click image for larger version

Name:	Va72065.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	292.1 KB
ID:	876188   Click image for larger version

Name:	Au57458.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	328.8 KB
ID:	876189  
Old 02-12-2008, 10:27 PM
dwsc
My Feedback: (81)

I have been flying my sundancer for two seasons, I really enjoy flying it it is very predictable, easy to assemble, straight foward instructions. I bought a fpe 3.2 for it and I love it, my next gas engine will be a fpe. I haven't had the landing gear issues as some people had, i am plfing it witha 22-10 prop, I am also using hitec 635 on the ailerons and the elevator and a 645 on the rudder and a standard on the throttle.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:52 PM
jcrosk

ORIGINAL: gnirwin

some more pics. I didn't particularly care for the open cockpit canopy that came with the kit. I thought a regular enclosed canopy on a more modern airframe would look better and I'm glad I replaced mine. Some red transparent paint added to the look MHO. waiting on a prop and muffler to finish the build. I also want to add a smoke system of some type, I need to do a search on here to read up about them.
What canopy did you use in place of the open cockpit? It looks great woth the red tint! I was also going to use and enclosed cockpit but the canopy I thought would fit was too small.
Old 10-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Phil Heller
My Feedback: (9)

I had finished my Sundancer several months ago but failing health kept me from getting it to the field and test hopping it. A couple of buddies finally coerced me to make the trip by promising to do most of the assembly and flying. Rob Stanley surprised me with the enclosed video. Hope you find it as enjoyable as I did. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Rg1xLAxGXQ

Phil Heller
Old 10-28-2009, 08:20 AM
AncientCityFlyer

Congrats on your successful maiden flight. Looked great. Your video is the first one I've seen of a Sun Dancer in flight. I picked up a giant Sun Dancer at a local hobby shop about 3 months ago ( was amazed to still find one). What a great ARF. The best hardware I've ever seen in an ARF. Put a DL-55 in it ( It's a bit over-kill, but who says you have to fly at full throttle) with a Xoar 22x8 prop and it balanced out right on the numbers, with no added weight. Weighed in at 17.3 lbs. Just waiting for my 6v RX battery to put her in the air. The dead stick landing was great, looks like the glide ratio is pretty good for that large of Bipe, better than I would expect. Good continued luck with your Sun Dancer. Mike (ACF)