Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 08:47 AM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

What was it about the landing gear that somebody didn't like, is the gear weak? or is it the mounting plate. what is the gear made of?

Thanks for the help, we really need a build thread for this plane, it might just be the best value on a Yak in the USA. I'm tempted to order one, and I already have 3 yaks and a Sukhoi

john
Old 09-11-2007, 06:16 PM
remcl1
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: jrjohn

What was it about the landing gear that somebody didn't like, is the gear weak? or is it the mounting plate. what is the gear made of?

Thanks for the help, we really need a build thread for this plane, it might just be the best value on a Yak in the USA. I'm tempted to order one, and I already have 3 yaks and a Sukhoi

john
The gear itself is composite and very strong. The gear has three holes for bolts to go through. The bolts go through the gear and through a plate that is attached to the bottom of the fuse by tab and slot construction. The two bolts that are side by side go through another plat and then through an aluminum angle that is bolted to the structure. The only thing that is visible is the outside tab and slot plate that the bolts go through on the way to the angle. I am sure they don't all need glue, but just to be safe wick some CA into the joint of the plate.

Don't misunderstand the gear itself is first rate. It is two piece, light, and by far the best that I have on any arf that I have.

I guess you can't have too many Yaks.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:24 PM
jrjohn
My Feedback: (24)

ORIGINAL: remcl1

john
The gear itself is composite and very strong. The gear has three holes for bolts to go through. The bolts go through the gear and through a plate that is attached to the bottom of the fuse by tab and slot construction. The two bolts that are side by side go through another plat and then through an aluminum angle that is bolted to the structure. The only thing that is visible is the outside tab and slot plate that the bolts go through on the way to the angle. I am sure they don't all need glue, but just to be safe wick some CA into the joint of the plate.

Don't misunderstand the gear itself is first rate. It is two piece, light, and by far the best that I have on any arf that I have.

Thank you for your help

John
Old 09-11-2007, 08:54 PM
AK Models

ORIGINAL: remcl1

john

Thank you for your help

John
Guys, please lets use this thread:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_6356666/tm.htm
regarding YAK-54 50CC

Please reserve this thread to customers comments about the service.
Thank you.
Old 09-11-2007, 10:42 PM
Cyclic Hardover

ORIGINAL: kaydeejay

ORIGINAL: Cyclic Hardover

You know, I just read this whole thing. I noticed that members who have been a round a few hundred posts or more have positive feed back. All the whiners just show up long enough to complain and disappear. Alex, I have'nt made a purchase but your doing fine. Things happen and you just can't please everyone. Now, how about a cut throat deal on that Giant Long EZ?
Yup, I'm new here (at least as a poster, been a reader for awhile)
Newly registered because:
"I expected this kind of reply, this is why I DO NOT want you as a customer.
On top of what you want to do, please leave your comments here as well:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_50...%2Cgood/tm.htm
Bes sure to write it exactly as it happened (may be even included e-mails), as I will be watching.
Good luck.

Alex @ AKM"

and I haven't disappeared yet.

Matter of fact this is getting a little more interesting, seems that, to my surprise considering the amount involved, the BBB has validated my complaint:

"BBB CASE#: 32031798
Complaint filed by: Keith Jones (More)
Consumer Info NAME: Keith Jones
DAY PHONE: Removed
ADDRESS: Removed
EVE PHONE:
EMAIL: [email protected]
FAX:

Complaint filed against: AK-Models Inc.
Business Info NAME: AK-Models Inc.
BBB MEMBER: NO
ADDRESS: 1458 Wetherby Dr. Iowa City, IA 52240
PHONE: 319 358-6911
FAX: 319 358-1399

Complaint status: Inform Business of Complaint (More)
Activity Date Activity Description
09/07/2007 Inform Business of Complaint
09/07/2007 Send Acknowledgement to Consumer
09/07/2007 Complaint Validated by BBB Operator
09/06/2007 Complaint Received by BBB"

Guess we'll have to see where this ends up!

The way I see it is you should have kept your mouth shut until after you received the canopy. You didn't and he has the right to refuse service. Your BBB will end up nowhere. If you think by coming on here, we will stand behind you on this over a guy who has been around a few years, think again. Things happen, your solution to it all was not a good one.

Attached Images  
Old 09-11-2007, 10:46 PM
JEFFHINES73

You just made my day I laughed my ass off when i saw that It sums most of the poeple up on this thread complaining so well
Old 09-11-2007, 11:24 PM
kaydeejay

Cyclic Hardover:
"The way I see it is you should have kept your mouth shut until after you received the canopy."
That woulda been a little difficult when he canceled my order AFTER I had agreed to pay the shipping. All I said was that I found it irritating after two confirmations that shipping was free.
And that is where this whole thing started.
And if BBB does nothing more - oh well, so be it!
He's lost this and any of my future business, I get to live with a cracked canopy for a while. Not exactly the end of my world!!
Old 09-12-2007, 12:53 AM
Cyclic Hardover

I feel for poor Alex, I assume he was just looking to fix whatever minor problems come up, not get nailed with this crap. Mods will close it down soon
Old 09-12-2007, 01:11 AM
JEFFHINES73

some people just cant help but take things to the extreme . I dont know what more he wanted . Did he get insurance on his package ? Maybe if somthing was damaged it was from transport ? people forget alxe only sells arf's he isnt the one packing them and im sure he doesnt have time to look though them all .
Old 09-12-2007, 01:15 AM
JEFFHINES73

Well While im here i also find it funny how people only post on this forum to bicth about alex . go look at there profile and they only post here the forum trolls need to leave and stop beating the dead horse
Old 09-12-2007, 08:16 AM
kaydeejay

ORIGINAL: JEFFHINES73

some people just cant help but take things to the extreme . I dont know what more he wanted . Did he get insurance on his package ? Maybe if somthing was damaged it was from transport ? people forget alxe only sells arf's he isnt the one packing them and im sure he doesnt have time to look though them all .
Man, do you even READ before that tongue of yours gets started? This is Not about insurance, this is NOT about Alex fixing a problem, this is not even a complaint about the shipping cost. This is all about Alex CREATING a problem that was not even close to justified.
Let me repeat:
KAYDEEJAY: That woulda been a little difficult when he canceled my order AFTER I had agreed to pay the shipping. All I said was that I found it irritating after two confirmations that shipping was free.
And yet again, it's here, on the AKM good/bad/ugly site, because he suggested I do it.
Gripe away or go and read about toy airplanes somewhere else.
OVER and OUT!
Old 09-12-2007, 08:35 AM
youngun

After reading the posts; it sounds like to me that Alex brought the troubles on himself through bad business practices and bad management.
Those things CAN be learned now. But it may be too late for his business. Time will tell.

The only value to consumers of this forum, these posts and the Internet in general is when people can post their problems and let others know what their experiences are with any given product or seller.

Therefore, if you limit posts to only some glowing, positive report of a product or seller that later turns out to be not so good; you have done a dis-service to consumers and any that might have been helped.

If negative reports are stopped, then you have nothing better than the RC magazines, and their advertisements, were when everything got a wonderfull, glowing review, no matter how bad it was. They did it because for them to tell the truth would have cost them a few dollars in advertising money then. Instead, they reported half-truths and false information - and now most, if not all, are ether out of business or barely surviving. And it serves them right.

I have NEVER seen a good reason for suppressing the truth.

So - If you have a problem - PLEASE post it so it can ether be corrected by the seller, or warn others, if he doesn't take care of the problem. As I have said before, in other posts - when all else fails - vote with your wallet. Support those that price their goods low, don't over charge for shipping & handling and take care of their customers. And beware of those that refuse to correct a problem.

And please, please keep posting any problems.

We need to know.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Cyclic Hardover

Man, do you even READ before that tongue of yours gets started? This is Not about insurance, this is NOT about Alex fixing a problem, this is not even a complaint about the shipping cost. This is all about Alex CREATING a problem that was not even close to justified.
Let me repeat:
KAYDEEJAY: That woulda been a little difficult when he canceled my order AFTER I had agreed to pay the shipping. All I said was that I found it irritating after two confirmations that shipping was free.
And yet again, it's here, on the AKM good/bad/ugly site, because he suggested I do it.
Gripe away or go and read about toy airplanes somewhere else.
OVER and OUT!
Nah , Its easier to reply to this stuff rather than read it first.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:06 PM
Waco
My Feedback: (265)

I don't think Alex has a lot to worry about, He sells a decent product at a good price and charges almost nothing for shipping and I have had as good as service from him as anybody and better than most. I have dealt with the public enough to know you can not please some people no matter how hard you try, I been there , done that.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:56 PM
JEFFHINES73

Cyclic Hardover:
"The way I see it is you should have kept your mouth shut until after you received the canopy."
That woulda been a little difficult when he canceled my order AFTER I had agreed to pay the shipping. All I said was that I found it irritating after two confirmations that shipping was free.
He's lost this and any of my future business, I get to live with a cracked canopy for a while. Not exactly the end of my world!!
So let me get this straight its ok for a buyer to tell a sell to shove it but when a sellers says look i have tried to make you happy and i cant its wrong ? KAYDEEJAY stop being a wanker What good is calling BBB and trying to get him closed down going to do ?? Make you look like a bigger ass than you all ready do IMO .
Old 09-12-2007, 07:04 PM
remcl1

Cyclic Hardover:
So let me get this straight its ok for a buyer to tell a sell to shove it but when a sellers says look i have tried to make you happy and i cant its wrong ? KAYDEEJAY stop being a wanker What good is calling BBB and trying to get him closed down going to do ?? Make you look like a bigger ass than you all ready do IMO .

All you are doing is stirring the pot. Let it go.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Cyclic Hardover

hmmmmmmmmmm! Let it go?-----------------------nahhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old 09-12-2007, 07:36 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

You know all I can tell you is that I like the su27 haha , but I will also add , I have never ever had an issue with
horizon , Tower , hobby lobby and hobby people , so deal with the blue chips get the good blue chip servace on issues and cost that are way more the a $5.00 canopy .Deal with discount .... and I do all the time , you have to look at the benifit to risk factor and ask yourself is it worth it . Its that simple .
Its not about Alex ,its about the business model he operates under , I dont know what that is but its obvious that he can lose a % of his customers and go public and argue over $5.00 lol , that is a worse statement then who is wrong or right in this matter .

The customer is always right , no matter how wrong he is , then you take the customer that may be sooooooo wrong and you make him go away when no one is looking , not when in the front of the stores in front of all your other customers .
That my friends is the scary part of this business model ,
Old 09-12-2007, 07:36 PM
kaydeejay

: JEFFHINES73

So let me get this straight its ok for a buyer to tell a sell to shove it but when a sellers says look i have tried to make you happy and i cant its wrong ? .
OK Jeff, but do me a favour. Please point out in this message where Alex was trying to help!
"Hi Keith,
With all the respect, I do not want less than satisfied customers.
I will cancel your order so you will not have to experience any irritation any longer.

Alex @ AKM"

: JEFFHINES73
What good is calling BBB and trying to get him closed down going to do ?? Make you look like a bigger ass than you all ready do IMO
And if you think one complaint to the BBB is going to make a hill of beans difference you have more faith in them than I do. Now if he gets a bunch more.................... Even then they cannot shut him down, but can provide "not recommended" references to anyone who bothers to ask.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:37 PM
JEFFHINES73

Sorry im not letting it go He has IMO taken this tofar I mean for crying out loud Going to BBB over a canopy I mean if he got stiffed out of the whole plane or TX I would say I cant blame him hell I would even support him but this is BS over a cracked canopy
Old 09-12-2007, 07:45 PM
kaydeejay

Jeff, you just don't get it do you? This is not over a cracked canopy.
This is all about Alex's reaction to me simply saying I was irritated by (but I still agreed to pay ) $5.50 shipping after his web-site and email initially confirmed it was free.
If he had just gone ahead and processed my order at that point (he had my cc info) everyone would have been happy and there would have been no issue.
But NO, Alex decided he was going to cancel my order because I said I was "irritated".
5, 500 or 5000 bucks I don't care. That is not the way to treat a customer.
THAT is what this is about and he created the problem.
Going to the other extreme, if he was at all interested in keeping me as a customer a quick "Yes, I screwed up on my website, the shipping will be free" would have created a totally different reaction and none of this unpleasantness. If he had asked me to post THAT experience on here I would have been happy to do so. Then what would your reaction have been??
And don't worry, I have not been stiffed, matter of fact I saved $8.95 plus $5.50 shipping. The cracked canopy is repairable, just didn't seem worth bothering at the price.
Anyway, I'm not going to argue with you any more. You are entitled to your opinion and I to mine. Let's leave it at that.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:53 PM
TestPilot6

Look kaydeejay. I think you are entitled to your feelings and I tend to agree with what you say about what alex should have done. alex would have saved some consternation at the expense of perhaps less than $100...i'm just guessing how many other free shipment he had to cancel in addition to either having to carry extra inventory or having to make a kit incomplete which is not sellable at the regular price.

The good impression I got from this thread is that alex seems to be at least honest about what he says or do. And he is much more responsive than many others in the low cost market. That is a lot to speak about when you are dealing with this kind of products.

kaydeejay, you must have pushed some button that really "irritated" alex. That's too bad. I don't think alex wants to deal with you and probably neither do you. Businesses have the right to refuse service to any customer. He did not cheat you. That's what counts. It's over I don't want to read any more about this subject.

BTW, I couldn't find any user reviews on G2 Simpleflyer. Perhaps I should request this in the kit building forum.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:54 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Dragging this on, this reminds me of my wife and inlaws. We don't really care much for each other and I'm fine with this. They live in ritzy Florida and I'm right here 2000 miles away. Wife goes and visits them twice a year and i don't. I have not seen any of them in 10 years. Thing is sometimes they form an opinion of me during any given situation as told to them by my wife and again I am fine with this.

Problem is whenever my wif tells a story about us or something I did, She tells 90%of it. Now most of its can be true but that remaining 10% could swing opinions the other way. I think there is something left out of this whole mess that posterboy here is leaving out.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Bass1

Pease porridge hot...
Old 09-15-2007, 10:02 PM
TooLow
My Feedback: (5)

It's done --over --water under the bridge! Put on your "Big Boy Pants" and go play with your airplanes! Take it private--tired of the whining![>:]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.