Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 07:01 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: AK-Models GOOD? BAD? UGLY?

Well he started it!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56934.gif
Views:	11
Size:	47.8 KB
ID:	763703  
Old 09-16-2007, 10:35 PM
kaydeejay

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cyclic Hardover, Toolow, Bass1, Testpilot6 and others.
I have no more to say, so as I told Jeffhines73 on 9/13, I am not going to argue anymore. Each and everyone (including me) is entitled to their opinion.
It's done, this horse is now dead.
So lets bury it!
Old 10-16-2007, 04:58 AM
jbfoster
My Feedback: (16)

I'm curious, what happened with the BBB case?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:57 AM
kojak41

[8D]I saw a CMP low wing trainer that Nitro Models sold at the field today. Looks and flys like a Goldburg Tiger II and is a winner. Unfortunately Nitro models has sold out both the .40 and .60 versions of this design aand in their usual non-resonsive manner I can't find out if they will ever restock. AK hs never listed this model, but I would like to buy one from you. Any hope?

Mike H.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:34 AM
AK Models

ORIGINAL: kojak41

[8D]I saw a CMP low wing trainer that Nitro Models sold at the field today. Looks and flys like a Goldburg Tiger II and is a winner. Unfortunately Nitro models has sold out both the .40 and .60 versions of this design aand in their usual non-resonsive manner I can't find out if they will ever restock. AK hs never listed this model, but I would like to buy one from you. Any hope?

Mike H.
As far as I know CMP never made any trainers. It must be some other manufacturer.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:23 PM
remcl1

ORIGINAL: kojak41

Mike H.
As long as Alex does not offer one, try this one. A guy that I taught to fly this year bought one. I maiden it and flew it a few times. I could not tell any difference between it and the Tiger II.

http://www.texasrcplanes.com/explorerl1.html
Old 11-18-2007, 06:29 PM
kaydeejay

In response, without comment, to jbFoster FWIW..........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BBB Complaint ID#: 32031798
Business Name: AK-Models Inc.

The BBB has received a rebuttal response from the business in the above complaint. Enclosed is the company's response to your second letter of complaint:
"The company has decided to stand by its original decision regarding your complaint."

We regret that we have been unable to assist in resolving this complaint to the satisfaction of everyone involved. Your complaint will remain on file and will be used by the BBB when preparing a report on the company.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BTW, Nitro-Models has the CMP 120Spit canopies for $6. I have two on the way just so I have a spare!
Old 11-18-2007, 08:00 PM
Free Bird

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read this thread a few weeks ago, and despite what I was reading, I ordered a SU-27 kit. My experience with AKM was very good. On the web site, he states that shipping could take up to two weeks because of demand. Well, after I placed my order, and just about when the two weeks were up, I sent an e-mail to Alex asking about my order. I received an answer within 12 hours and I was assured that the kit would ship within two days. Three days later, the kit was on my doorstep. In my book, Alex kept his word and did what he said he would do.

Would I buy from AKM again? You bet! I have no assocation with AKM, just a satisfied customer.

FB
Old 11-20-2007, 07:45 AM
MoSizlack

Jaysis Wept ... I have just spent an hour going through this thread and havnt read all the posts i must admit ...

I ordered some its from Alex earlier in theyear, they arrived to my office here in Dublin , Ireland all the way from the US in no time at all, in perfect condtion, doubled boxed both kits ...one is a richmodels long ez 60 and the other is an Edge 540T ...

I finally got asround to building the 2 AKM kits and 3 other kits i had bought in from the UK, over the past 2 weeks .....

I have builts literally hundreds of planes since i started this hobby over 15 years ago , (more money than sense as a result of a mispent youth) ...the quality of both kits was very good, i did what i normally do on the more mainstram manufacturers arfs ( i.e hangar 9 greatplanes , carl golberg ..which i have had issues with in the past and are way over priced in comparison) i add extra ply where i feel with my style of flying may have an issue, under carriage strenthning i do on all my models for example, if i felt the firewall neeeded beefing up because i was going ot fly the model with a huge engine then i would do so ... as it happens i have a moki 1.35 in the nose oof the edge with a 16x10 prop so i strengthned the firewall.

I dont know about petrol engines so i cant comment on the rc dave posts at the start of the thread ... if everything went according to plan guys the world will be a very boring place, live your lives, you wont be here for long .. i.e cop on , consider using your pm box as a virtual clothes line to air your dirty laundry !

All i have to say ! to recap 10/10 from me for AK Models

Regards

Gerry
Dublin , Ireland

I have found AK Models to be truthful to me , responsive and to be purveyors of good product at very reasonable products ... and i will definatly buy from Alex again ( need another shed to hide the boxes from my wife ;-) )
Old 01-09-2008, 07:11 PM
remcl1

This still has to be the best value on the net. The only question is why are there still some left.

This is by far my favorite plane of all time.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81541.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	846839  
Old 01-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Bass1

The last time I checked (about 2 weeks ago) there was only 1 (50cc Yak) left in stock. Makes me wonder if Alex will be getting any more?!
Old 01-10-2008, 07:45 AM
remcl1

Right now he has seven. He must have got his hands on a couple.
Old 01-10-2008, 11:16 AM
porthole200

I gave my wife my Xmas list less than 2 weeks before Christmas. At the top of my list was the Mig-29 from AKM. I really thought that being a small operation, I wouldn't see that Mig until after Christmas. If I had given the list to my wife when she asked for it at the beginning of December, I knew that Mig-29 would be under the tree. Imagine my surprise when Christmas morning I opened this box and there was the Mig. Made my whole day. The kit is top notch, well executed as far as laser cut parts, and the instructions are very clear and concise. In this day and age of "no customer service" it's good to know that there are still a few good small time manufacturers that go the extra mile and also deliver a good product at a fair price. As far as I am concerned, Alex is at the top of that list! Just my 2 cents worth
Old 02-22-2008, 09:27 AM
rbengines
My Feedback: (2)

I bought a Giles 202 140cc on Saturday 2/16/08. I told a friend and he ordered one on monday 2/18/08. I got charged $25 shipping and my friend got shipping free. I e-mail AK and asked if the free shipping started on monday,no answer. I resent the e-mail a couple days later no answer. I learn later the sale had been going on for a month and ended on Tuesday 2/19/08. Maybe I punched the wrong button on the shipping or over looked it but I should have got shipping free. The ad read " any order over $100 shipping free. $25 won't break me for I spend thousands on this hobby. I find AK's customer service lacking or non existing.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:51 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

Looks like your friend selected the free shipping option and you didn't? Bummer.
Old 02-22-2008, 01:38 PM
rbengines

ORIGINAL: Jim Dines

Looks like your friend selected the free shipping option and you didn't? Bummer.
Yea and here the bummer we both got them yesterday. Musical boxes! Yes I aways pay shipping when I don't have to.(right)
Old 02-22-2008, 02:35 PM
RCVFR

Have you tried giving Alex a call, explaining the situation? Maybe he can do something for you. Might be worth a try. Good luck to you.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:42 PM
RCVFR

Dupl post, sorry.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:27 PM
rbengines

Jim I have tried to call but get no answer. Maybe he's out of town. If I would get a reply and he said tuff at least I got acknowledged.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:22 PM
AK Models

Free shipping option had to be selected in order to be applied.
We provide instructions on shipping page how to selected it.
Once order is sent it gets charged as submited (with shippng charge in this case).
Customer will receive 50% credit for the shipping cost.
Old 02-26-2008, 06:01 AM
Brainiax

ORIGINAL: AK Models

Once order is sent it gets charged as submited (with shippng charge in this case).
Are you still offering free shipping on ARF kits over $100.00? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2008, 09:48 AM
AK Models

ONLY items from Electric Accessories and Spare Parts categories shipped FREE*!

ORIGINAL: Brainiax

ORIGINAL: AK Models

Are you still offering free shipping on ARF kits over $100.00? Thanks.
Old 02-26-2008, 10:32 AM
trophy1

very happy with my purchase of my cmp extra 300 140 from AK.item was fairly priced and shipped FAST,thanks.
Old 02-26-2008, 11:34 AM
rbengines

I thank Alex for the response and he is right that I didn't check the right box. His offer is accepted. I still think the offer should have been automatic, but it is probably computer generated and it's hard to ride fence on every order. He does have customer service after all. My apologizes and I will do business with Alex again.

Rusty Bonin
Old 07-26-2008, 02:01 PM
KentuckyColonel

I am in the process of assembling my Richmodel 120 P-51 I got from A-K Model. I really like the plane. Looks great and so far seems to be constructed fairly well. Only issue I have is the instructions....or lack there of. They were included, but are not for the plane I'm assembling. The instructions are for a plane without flaps, just a long aileron. I have never assembled a plane with a servo for each flap, so instructions on the mechanical setup would have been nice.
I had a small issue with shipment, but that was my mistake, not Alex's.
All in all, a good experience so far. I am just happy that this is not the first plane I am assembling, so I have a pretty good idea on what needs to be done. I just hope the stated CG is correct, although I have learned (the hard way) to figure out my own CG....
If all goes well, I will, most likely, buy from A-K again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.