Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

A good aerobat

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

A good aerobat

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 11:41 PM
Patchystar04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A good aerobat

I wasn't quite sure where to put this but.... I was wondering what a good and partially easy aerobatic stunt plane would be. I fly parkflyers... fly stunt on my simulator... and would like and kit nitro plane. So any ideas?
Old 12-18-2006, 03:04 AM
150flyer

Default RE: A good aerobat

I like the Hangar 9 Twist. It comes in a .40 or .60 size and is very aerobatic. The plane will do all the basic aerobatis like loops, rolls, knife edges, flat spins, rolling circles and is also very easy to hover. My 40 size Twist is outfitted with an OS .46 AX spinning an 11 x 6. I have experimented with many props combinations but the 11 x 6 is my favorite. the Twist was one of my first aerobatic planes from about two years ago and I still fly it regularly.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db85484.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	101.5 KB
ID:	579397  
Old 12-19-2006, 04:20 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

World Models Super Stunt ... great plane for fun. Floats really well and can be like a trainer or a nice fun fly plane.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:54 AM
AKFireMedic
My Feedback: (2)

If you are just getting into aerobatic nitro planes I would recommend something more like a Sig something Extra or a 4* or maybe a Hangar 9 pulse. If you are looking to get into a 3d type plane then the twist, u-can-do, mayhem etc. may be more your thing.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:52 AM
Rebellion
My Feedback: (2)

I made the same move you did a few years ago, went form electric parkfliers to glow. My first was a Global Freestyle 3D. Shame they don't make that one anymore, it's a fantastic flying plane. I still have mine, undamaged and now retired.

I'd just like to offer a bit of advice. Get someone familiar with glow planes to make the first flight or two for you. While I did find mine to actually be easier to fly than some of the smaller stuff, is different than what you're used to.
Old 12-21-2006, 11:32 PM
Patchystar04

well thanks for the help... ive kinda been thinking about the Eflight Mini edge 3D but it would be a more fun with the nitro so idk. Thanks