Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1210

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread>the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

Thanks for the info Jeff and Jose!
    ~Tom~

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread>the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

Has anyone converted or built the CMP Cessna as an electric? I really want to buy this model but would like to build it as such. Thanks!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I INSTALLED AN E-FLITE POWER 160 RUNNING ON TWO 4 CELL, 4000 MAH IN SERIES FOR 8S. IT REALLY FLIES GREAT TOO. AROUND A TEN MINUTE FLIGHT TIME.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: 1UGLYPUG

I INSTALLED AN E-FLITE POWER 160 RUNNING ON TWO 4 CELL, 4000 MAH IN SERIES FOR 8S. IT REALLY FLIES GREAT TOO. AROUND A TEN MINUTE FLIGHT TIME.
    Do you think 6s 5000 mah would be enough power?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

IT WOULD DEPEND ON WHAT RPM PER VOLT MOTOR YOU USED. I HAD PREVIOUSLY USED AN E-FLITE 110 WITH THE 8S SET UP, AND IT BARELY GOT OFF THE GROUND. I AM USING AN 18X12 PROP ON THE 160. YOU HAVE TO MAKE SURE YOU GET ENOUGH THRUST WITH WHAT EVER SET UP YOU USE. I WILL HAVE TO CHECK THE KV OF THE MOTOR I AM USING, AS I DON'T HAVE IT HANDY RIGHT NOW. I WILL GET BACK TO YOU ON THAT.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just completed my Cessna and I love it. I chose a DLE 30 for power and I went with the huge dubro inflatable tires to give it the Alaska Bush plane look. I used a heavy duty Fults nose gear and raked it forward some. It came in at a few ounces under 16 pounds and flies great!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ec87264.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	4.09 MB 
ID:	1583943   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68028.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	1583944   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rm36205.jpg 
Size:	161.0 KB 
ID:	1583945   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn36762.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	1583946   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn41178.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	77.8 KB 
ID:	1583947  

Gary Baker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

do they even still sell this plane

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I just bought mine about a month ago from AK models. I don't think they are being manufactured any more.
    Gary Baker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

they don't make the plane anymore the only places you can get it still is ak-models.com and scaleflying.com i got mine from ak a few weeks ago and they said they only had 3 left so id call or email them first but i think they still have it
    i love the smell of nitro in the morning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

has anyone had any problems with the wing struts they seem weak i had 4 in my kit 1 was cracked and 1 cracked under its own weight the other 2 so far seem ok but i feel like they need to be stronger any ideas or know of any good replacement struts

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

This is agreat flying airplane .....DONOTDO ANY 3 Ds with it. This airplane is for SCALE flying andwill do beatifull landings, using flaps, full flaps you need to power up a littlethe engine. Don't try to glide with flaps down. Flaps down create too much drag.
    Wing are weack at the flap/ aileron area reinforce that area.Read the previousblog sections.Some have done surgery and reinforce the balsa longerons, I peeled covering and used 3/4 oz fiberglas around that area; 4 inches on the flap side and 4 inches on the aileron side, created an 8 inch tube. replaced covering afterwards, so far so good. NO problems.
    Do install lights it looks great. I used LEDs form RAdio shack total of about $14.00. one red, one green, two flashing red LED( one on the rudder one on the belly), two headlamps LEDs bright white and one white on the tail,Allrun from a 3 volt battery pack.
    I saved weight by installing all servoes behind firewall and under fuel tank, next to batteries packs. Used pull/pull cables from Sullivan. (See pictures on previous pages).
    I have two of these, one with a Saito 120, the old one with a Saito 180, they both fly the same.Jose
    If anyone wats to see what I have done send your E-Mail. tryed to load pictures and I couldn't???

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

when converting the plane to a gasser what did everybody do with there tank did you use the factory one and did you have to change the stopper

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

converting the plane to a gasser
    I used the stock tank with a dubro gas stopper.

Name:	Nl29781.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	115.9 KB 
ID:	1587499  
    Gary Baker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

thanks i didn't know if the dubro would fit

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys, I have now started on my assembly of this great CMP Cessna 182, I have read all of this thread but no one has seemed to be posting pics of the actual building of it so I thought I would post some for the not so good builders. This is the first time I have uploadedpics so hope it works. feel free to comment on ideas or help.

Name:	fd92718.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	1589661   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ge96679.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	998.3 KB 
ID:	1589662   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pm35118.jpg 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	1589663   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jh14969.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	770.4 KB 
ID:	1589664   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ay73263.jpg 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	1589665  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	zx71494.jpg 
Size:	892.6 KB 
ID:	1589666   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	db85774.jpg 
Size:	950.1 KB 
ID:	1589667   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ge95128.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	922.9 KB 
ID:	1589668   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xv65350.jpg 
Size:	947.5 KB 
ID:	1589669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ge96356.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	753.5 KB 
ID:	1589670  

Name:	sq46796.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	789.9 KB 
ID:	1589671   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rp44127.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	925.7 KB 
ID:	1589672  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok now I know how to upload pics here is a description of them on my previous post

Pics in this order:

1) this is my new CMPCessna 182 140 just as it had arrived, (Minus the shipping box it came in to protect it) Note the bedroom lol, don't have anywhere to build them in my new home yet.
    2) Just as it looked as I first opend the box
    3) Wings removed to show some other stuff inside
    4)last but not least the last bit in the box
    5) This is everything out the box to show you what you get and how its packed (For people who intend to buy one)
    6) Not built, just put the some of the components together just to see what it will look like (Note no tail plane) Oh I did a quick build of the wheels
    7) Ok on with the build, not sure why but started on the wheels, easy job I guess
    8) A close up of the Nose wheel (Stock) going to try this as a friend has the same aircraft and has approx 25 landings and no bending, must of changed it from the older versions
    9) Started on the wings as per instructions, Crimped the hinges abit as they were too loose and didnt seem to do the job as they were
    10) all lined up and test fitted before the final glue
    11) Just a pic to show what type of glue used
    12) All hinges glued in on the control surface's and ready to be fitted after glue drys (Both wings).

Here are some more pics of the build

1) Ok all glued in and ready for the servos to be fitted. (Using SAVOX SC-0352 Digital 6.5Kg Torque Servos) all round x7
    2) Test fit or the servo to line it up to see if it fits and to mark where to drill the holes for the bolts
    3) Bolt holes drilled (The SAVOXservos use nut and bolt not self tapping screws) also the servo was a little too big for the gap , maybe 2mm had to be removed from the housing
    4) Cut away film covering so the servos can be fitted into wing
    5) All servos fitted for alirons and flaps in both wings (Note I have not put in the control arms for the control surfaces yet) doing it last once everything is fitted to the aircraft in case anything needs to changed
    6) Ok started on the tailplane, Test fit of the evevators and rudder ready to be glued in
    7) I decided to do a mod on the elivator control surfaces as someone in this thread said they are abit sloppy if you use the stock setup. I have used 3 2mm ply squares to put on each side of the conlrol arms to make them more stable, wanted to keep everything inside for a more scale look, this pic is just to show you what im doing before I cut them
    8) Here are the mod parts fitted to the control arms (Note I recived the updated ply parts for the control arms to be fitted after to make them even more stable)
    9) Pic of the bottom cover lined up and screwed in just before sanding down the area for the elivators to be glued
    10) both sides of the elivators fitted and glued together, Used the same method as the wings to fit the hinges
    11) Sorry forgot to get a pic of the elivator contol surfaces fitted, but here is a pice of the control arms with the new mods fitted left and right
    12) Sorry forgot to get a pic of fitting the rudder and hinges. Here is the rudder and elivator control arms fitted with the updated parts all glued in (Very stable setup with no slop or slack in movement) Note not connected to the servos as waiting to finish aircraft first to do a full setup.

More pics to follow in a little while. Happy building for those who are still building them or Happy flying for those already enjoying this great aircraft in the skys.

P.SSorry for any typos its late lol

Name:	hf98655.jpg 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	1589728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo39415.jpg 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	1589729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mj24462.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	903.9 KB 
ID:	1589730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw68397.jpg 
Size:	56.0 KB 
ID:	1589731   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh15003.jpg 
Size:	72.6 KB 
ID:	1589732  

Name:	Ay73923.jpg 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	1589733   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mk26248.jpg 
Size:	84.9 KB 
ID:	1589734   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx72689.jpg 
Size:	86.7 KB 
ID:	1589735   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv64921.jpg 
Size:	67.1 KB 
ID:	1589736   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Qo40931.jpg 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	1589737  

Name:	Ay73967.jpg 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	1589738   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn37174.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	1589739  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hy Ghost, I hope you have provided some reinforcement to thewings, they are week at the joint where ailerons and flaps meet, This area need reinforcement, you can peel of about 3 to 4 inches and cover with glass cloth and epoxy, let cure and then recover .Read back a couple of pages and there are few other solutions to this problem, I believe that you do not want to loose the plane do to a wing failure, I do hope they had fixed the wing problem on the last ones that were build butI did not take any chances and provided additional reinforcement to this particular area.
    This is a geat flying aiplane, it really flyes good no bad traits, landings are nice real nice, Rudder is very responsice, flaps workgreat
    Correct the flopiness of theelevator and rudder, and you will be rewarded with a great flying aiplane. Good Luck my friend.Thanks.
    Jose.

Name:	Om33967.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	1589762   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw72612.jpg 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	1589763  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi nicolau, nice to here from you again, Did not need to reinforce the wings as the model shop said they have been updated as he done the mod and found out it was already done in the factory, good job though it keeps the plane looking nice without having to cut away the film.

More build pics as promised

1) Ok now the centre wing section. here is a pic with the two metal dowls fitted and glued into place
    2) this is with everything done on middle wing section. I also measured from wing tip to rudder on both sides to make sure it was the same leangh on both sides before I drilled the two bolt holes.
    3) IDecided to move onto the fuselage next
    4) here is a pic with the nose wheel and two fixed undercarriage legs fitted
    5) Close up of one of the undercarriage wheels fitted, just so you can see what I have done
    6) This is the two legs bolted down and the bolt hole covers fitted and glued
    7) Inside the fuselage with the 4 captive nuts fitted, note no electronics fitted yet
    8) Not much more to build now, fitting the plastic glass onto the fueslage now with silicon glue as per instructions and taping them down to dry
    9) Dont know why but a pic from inside looking through the rear window. looks kind of empty without the control arms running through here
    10) Now the glass is fitted I decided to fit the black plastic covers inside to what is suppose to be seats lol, will remove them later once all the electronics are fitted and my Topflite interior arrives (more pics to follow)
    11) another view of the Black interior from above, (Note Ifirst drilled the wing bolt holes to close the the support arm inside and had to re drill further out) will be filling out and painting later to hide it
    12)this is it all built and ready fo the electronics, control arms, lights and most of all an engine, will do a few more adjustments later. still need to finish the wing supports as they are not glued yet.

So for a qick list of items used:

1) all stock hardware throughout
    2)
    SAVOX SC-0352 Digital 6.5Kg Torque Servos x7 (not all fitted yet)
    3) Mod to rear elivator and rudder control arms to get better response and less slack
    4) will be using a DLE 32cc Petrol Engine (Gas for you Americans) on order and will be getting it within a month as its on back order
    And anything I might need to do later (will post as and when)

Well I will be posting more pics as they come and I hope you have enjoyed my pics and description of them, Hope they have helped in your build and any comments will be welcome, good or bad

Name:	Ca80635.jpg 
Size:	81.4 KB 
ID:	1589795   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn35876.jpg 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	1589796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lj22327.jpg 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	1589797   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt57908.jpg 
Size:	84.0 KB 
ID:	1589798   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Yw69148.jpg 
Size:	73.5 KB 
ID:	1589799  

Name:	Bz77464.jpg 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	1589800   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ax73051.jpg 
Size:	86.6 KB 
ID:	1589801   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf10188.jpg 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	1589802   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Cz79904.jpg 
Size:	85.0 KB 
ID:	1589803   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sp45493.jpg 
Size:	88.5 KB 
ID:	1589804  

Name:	Vt57126.jpg 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	1589805   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ax73190.jpg 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	1589806  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi, Ghost.
    Looking GOOD, Nice job. IF you are using flaps, Get 1 servo reverser cable, This will allow you touse a Y cable from one of your radio channelsand both flaps will go down and up at the same time. Some guys Have problems seting flaps, remember one servo goes one way the other goes the oposite way, specially on this wing. Run your ligth cables,( if using them),servoecable,BEFORE attaching the wings. Do not rush, take your time, and double ck everything. This will pay back good. Thanks
    Jose

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

having problems finding a spinner who would have thought out the whole build its the spinner that gets me i plan i useing 2 different props with this plane just because i like to change things up once and a while i'm running a RCS SV26 engine from tory built models with a master airscrew 3 blade 15x8  and a 2 blade 16x4 and i want a scale size spinner which i want to say is a 2 1/2 or 2 1/4 i just want to know what everybody else is useing or some could tell me a good choice

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I used a 2.5 inch Tru Turn on mine. I'm running a 18 X 6-10 prop. I had to enlarge the prop opening quite a bit to clear.

Name:	Eb86595.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	1591364  
    Gary Baker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

does anybody know where i can get floats for the 140 size

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

@armyguy466 Hi, there is a guy a few pages back in the forum who has floats. if I can remember right he tells you where to get them, what size and price. other than that I cant help you as I live in the UK

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys a quick update for you on my Cessna 140 build, just ordered the .50 CMP Cessna 182 aswell lol. Also spoke to a guy whos great with electronics and hes making me x2 custom LED Light Sets to be fitted to both Cessna's

Light Set Being made as follows:

x2 - 5mm Steady Clear Bright "White" LED's @ 50cm loom (Landing Lights)

x1 - 5mm Steady Clear or Diffused "White" LED @ 50cm loom (Cockpit Light)

x1 - 5mm Steady Diffused Bright "Red" LED @ 160cm loom (Nav Lights)

x1 - 5mm Steady Diffused Bright "Green" LED @ 160cm loom (Nav Lights)

x2 - 5mm Flashing Diffused Bright "Red" LED's @ 140cm loom (Anti-Col Lights)

x3 - 5mm Flashing Clear Bright "White" LED's @ 160cm loom (x2 Nav & x1 Tail Lights)

This Models going to look great once they are fitted, Will take pics once they arrive and will do a quick video on youtube to show you what they look like working.

Hope things are well

Name:	Zx69910.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	102.3 KB 
ID:	1595341  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

GW, thank's for posting pic's of you build, allways nice to see one going together.

Page 40 of 49 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast