Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread-->the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread-->the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 04:08 AM
puneet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread>the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

hi folks

i just bought  thunder tiger cardinal 177 asp 

has any one made it,

i would be great if some one can post pics of this buld.

cheers

puneet
Old 07-08-2011, 04:13 AM
puneet

Default RE: CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread>the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

hi folks

i just bought  thunder tiger cardinal 177 asp 

has any one made it,

i would be great if some one can post pics of this buld.

cheers

puneet
Old 07-14-2011, 03:53 PM
m1morrow
My Feedback: (3)

Guys,

Just received my Cessna.  I am really impressed.  Looks nicer than the top flite Cessna ARF.  I have a light set, and Robart Nose Strut.  I am going to Use a DLE-30 for power.

What Servo's should I use.  I would like to order the Hitec Deluxe Higher torque Karbonite Gear servos and avoid paying 200+ on 7 metal gear servos.

I'm hoping the DLE-30 wont be overkill on this thing.  I am worried about vibration as this airplane will eventually be a long range  fpv airplane.  Do you guys know about any anti vibration mounts for the DLE 30?

Sea commander floats and pics will come.

Old 07-14-2011, 05:33 PM
armyguy466
My Feedback: (2)

i just got back from the flying field with my cessna 140 size it flew like a dream. i have it set up with the CRRC 26i and a 3 blade 16x10 prop hitec servos and futaba 6j radio system. the mods i made was i turned the rudder to a pull pull and i replaced the nose gear with a robart 645 and my elevator i made into a dual servo in the tail which works better and the wing struts i fill with expozy to make them stronger. i think the 26cc gas motor was perfect choice for this plane plenty of power but not over welming. the only thing is the flaps you really don't need them at all as soon as i flipped them on the plane when up fast so flaps with this plane in my book are more for show and not so much use.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:40 PM
armyguy466

and the hitec servos with karbite gears are the kind i am using and they work great unless you plan on aerobatics but if your planing on doing rolls and stuff to be honest this it a good plane but not for aerobatic alot of guys say they have problems with the wing getting weak its because they fly to rough if you fly it scale and nice and easy your plane and wings will last forever
Old 07-15-2011, 03:13 AM
sundqvistjohan

ORIGINAL: armyguy466
the only thing is the flaps you really don't need them at all as soon as i flipped them on the plane when up fast so flaps with this plane in my book are more for show and not so much use.
I use a mix that give a bit down elevator when I use the flaps. I find them very useful, I can do steep approaches without building up speed (as you can see in the video I have a very narrow towing field and I need to get the speed down as the surface on the runway is uneven).

Landing at 2:50 in this [link=http://www.vimeo.com/16978196]VIDEO[/link]
Old 07-15-2011, 03:41 AM
nicolau

Johan, I need one of those cameras, where did you get yours? Very good video. Jose
Old 07-15-2011, 03:47 AM
sundqvistjohan

It's a GoPro HD Hero (surf version) [link=http://gopro.com/products/?gclid=CKX7n4Sjg6oCFUG9zAodkD5yyw]GoPro homepage[/link]

Here is a winter video in HD (now I have learned to edit and publish HD-videos :-)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi0Z3qZyi58[/youtube]

Old 07-15-2011, 07:02 AM
armyguy466

ya i had to set my mixes i thought i did because its a brand new radio and i guess i didn't save them in but i got it saved in there now but i still toned down my flaps
Old 07-17-2011, 07:58 PM
armyguy466

does anybody know if the hanger 9 or topflite cessnas part will work for the cmpro? it would be nice if cmpro would make spare parts for this thing i don't need any yet but it would be nice to know just in case.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:08 PM
m1morrow

Ok Guys.  I'm into the build pretty far.  Here is what I'm finding out.  This Plane came in the white box with the new improvements to the rudder elevator ect...

I love how the plane looks.  And I can tell that it will fly nice if I get it together alright.  CMP makes every step of the build very cumbersome. 

The wing went together Fine but I'm very skeptical of the metal brackets that hold the center piece on the wing So I'm going to Epoxy the entire wing together. 

Everything was going pretty well until I hit the rudder and Elevator.  I assembled the plywood brace in the tail-cone and it really seems to do a descent enough job holding things together.  The fiberglass rods do not bend until the servo starts to buzz under  stress so I think they are strong enough.

My worry is that the small screws that go into the fiberglass rods are cheap.  I put Loctite on them so hopefully they hold.  I try to pull them apart as hard as I can and nothing is budging so I'm going to move on for now.

The rudder Ball joint is crappy and keeps falling off.  Went to hardware store to find another but nothing would fit..........
The Rudder is working for now and there is smooth servo moment but I'm worried about the ball joint popping out in flight.

Most Importantly my elevators are moving together with only limited slop.  But they only have about 25mm of throw.  I'm not sure If its because I glued the hinges too close or what.  How much throw do you guys have? 

I'm going to move on with the build and come back to the tailcone later otherwise i'm going to go crazy.  I was getting really excited to fly this thing..........but now i'm frustrated cause I'm going to have to buy all kinds or hardware.

I'll post pics when I can.

Thoughts?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:56 PM
m1morrow

just saw a plane on utube with dual elevatorservos push pull mounted on a new piece of plywood in the fuse.  looked good.  maybe ill do that.

i had a feeling this thing was going to take forever.[]
Old 07-27-2011, 09:10 PM
stick man

hang in there, man. i just built one of these and its well worth the time i put into it. it flies and looks so good, especially when your landing with lights on and flaps down. great plane!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:19 PM
nicolau

Well the instructions states that between 30-45mm up and 30-45 downsand balance should be between 85-100..
 Here are the throws for Top Flite ARF ===
                                                                                  elevator high rate 1- 1 1/16 in, (27 MM) 0R ,15 DEGREES UP/DOWN
                                                                                  elevator low rate  3/4 in  (19 mm) or 14 degrees UP/DOWN
                                                                                  rudder HR 1 in (25mm) 15 degrees LEFT/Right
                                                                                  rudder LR  5/8 (9mm( 9 degrees left/right
                                                                                  Ailerons HR 5/8 in (16mm) 17 degrees  UP/Down
                                                                                  ailerons LR 1/2" (13mm)  14 degrees  UO/DOWN .
                                                                Balance at 4" form leading edge of the wing. Later you can move in increments of 1/8. If CG is moved forward will fly smooth and be very stable, you will need more run way and speed for takeoffs. Moving CG back make the plane more maneuverable but may bacome to sencitive and could be very difficult to control
 The T0p Flite Gold Editon are the same
 The Hangar 9  Are more on the conservative side.  Ailerons  !/2" up 3/8" down
                                                                                              Elevato r 1 3/8"up and 1 3/8 Down
                                                                                               Rudder 1 1/2" right and left
                                                                                               flaps No more than 3" down
 Have your pick this is for the first flights, Once you are familiar with the BIRD change to your taste. She fies great with the rates for Top Fliten no bad tendencies and very realistic. 
 Do remove any slop on you elevators..  I went Cables, pull/pull. No slop and very positive responces.  Remember this plane has a big elevator and responds well to it.   Jose

Old 07-28-2011, 08:15 PM
m1morrow

Jose,

I'm going to get another elevator Servo and go pull pull on elevators and rudder......  maybe nose gear.  Do you have any advice of what  brand to get and what parts I will need?  I want a clean good looking/Performing set up. Also Do you have an email I could grab.  It would be great to chat.  mine is [email protected]

Thanks for the help.

Mike
Old 07-28-2011, 08:26 PM
nicolau

Hi, Mike, My E-Mail is [email protected].
I use Solivan pull/pull cables theyare the best and last forever. These are the one that comes with a yellow sleve torun the cable inside this sleve. I solder, crimp, and the aply thin Ca. Had a plane that lasted 14 yrs and when I crashed the cables were still in there like if they had just been installed. I believe you get approx 20 feet of cable and 20 ft of the jacket/ or sleeve. Jose
Old 08-03-2011, 07:02 PM
armyguy466

i just seen that CMPro is bring the cessna skylane back out i haven't seen to much about it or if there are any changes besides paint it looks like now there is a red and a blue and the price at nitroplanes.com is $249.00 so it will be nice to get a chance back at this plane again and hopefully they made upgrades if not o well its still a good plane all around for the price
Old 08-03-2011, 07:05 PM
1UGLYPUG

NOW, IF I COULD JUST GET SOME WING TIP LIGHT CLEAR LENSES ... HANGER RASH BROKE MINE,,
Old 08-03-2011, 07:22 PM
armyguy466

its just nice to see them bring it back out it doesn't look like they made any changes besides the paint job which im not a huge fan of but i really like the plane so its nothing alittle paint can't fix i just need to find some good paint and learn some painting skills
Old 08-11-2011, 07:21 AM
ricardoreyes

This is the link for the new version, they change the name to Sky trainer 140 (the take the name Cessna, i think because the trademark) I hope some body from nitroplanes say something about the updates in the wings

http://www.nitroplanes.com/cmp058-cessna140-kit.html
Old 08-11-2011, 11:53 AM
armyguy466

the sad thing is that nitroplanes really doesn't know a whole lot about it or any updates shoot they thought it was from projet but by the looks of the pics of it it don't look like they changed anything besides the paintand the wing upgrade really isn't needed i didn't do it to mine and its been holding up very well as long as you don't try to do rolls or something to put the wings under high loads alot of the guys that had the wing problems were the ones that were flying it like its a warbird and putting alot of stress on it or the few guys that had some hard landings but what plane doesn't possibly weakin after a hard landing
Old 08-15-2011, 09:45 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Thanks for the link. I hated losing my CMPro Cessna so I ordered one of these to replace it.
Old 08-19-2011, 11:44 AM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

UPS dropped off my new Sky Trainer 140 today.

Looks like the only things that are different than my CMPro Cessna 140 are:
the paint job (just as nice as the original..it's just a different look)
no trim colors on the wing
wing struts are aluminum

same instruction manual and all other hardware looks the same.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Yw69058.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	1650755  
Old 08-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Kmot
My Feedback: (24)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Has CMP changed their name to Projet?

The new color scheme looks great, and in particular not having that big 'ol CMP sticker on the vertical fin!
Old 08-19-2011, 03:04 PM
armyguy466

no projet is there own thing i just think there joining up because cmpro still is called cmpro they might have just bought the rights to the model

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.