Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1217

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread>the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

please can anyone send me the manual of that plane
    i have just purchased it and it has no manual in it!!!!
    thanks!!
    jim.giatras@yahoo.com

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: CMP Cessna 182 Building Thread>the best scale Cessna 1.20 size ARF that is on the market!!!

I'll send it as soon as I get it scanned.
    Gary Baker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Just a link from romanian forum with the manual required
    http://modelism.info.ro/forum/index....ndpost&p=10518

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Gents,

I finished My CMP Cessna last night.  Here are the final specs.

Tru Turn Spinner (custom cut)
    16X10 MAS 3 Blade propellor
    Zenoah G26 EI
    Great Planes Large Engine Anti-Vibration Engine Mount....with custom made standoffs
    Robart Nose Strut (wheel pant mounted)
    2X Futaba Switches and 2X Earnst Charge Recepticles
    Complete RAM incandescent scale lighting system with
                       Rotaing Beacon
                       Landing lites
                       Nav Lites
                       Real Zenon Strobe lights
    8 Futaba Servos
                       5X S3004 in wings and Throttle
                       2X S3305 High Torque Metal Grear dual elevator servos
                       1X S3010 High Torque Rudder/Nose wheel
    I used the standard hinges.
    All cleveses are sullivan 4-40 Golden Cleveses
    Flaps are going through a servo rate reducer and on a 3 position switch so they go down nice and slow.
    1 2000mah 4.8V Ignition Battery 1 2000mah 6v Reciever Battery
    7channel Futaba 2.4ghz FASST Reciever
    Rudder is a Sullivan Kevlar Pull Pull System (wich seems to work awesome)
    Elevators are still using pushrods mounted to the original wires in the back.  I added a second servo next to the origial elevator servo by cutting a hole in the tray and adding some plywood......it looks great.  I have each elevator half on its own servo and I replaced the original pushrods with Dave Brown Pushrods and 4-40 wires......wich are lighter, stronger, and I was worried about the security or the  allen screws in the original pusrods.    

I have not epoxied the wing together yet.......I would like to avoid it If I can.
                             I cant see how it could come off in flight with the struts on it.........  Everything seems very strong when tightened down.

The elevators still have a little bit of flex to them if you try to wiggle them around.....but its way better with 2 elevator servos and 2 4-40 pushrods than the stock set up.  I dont htink the rods themselves flex much at all.  Has anyone tried this set-up?  I'll switch to pull pull or mount the pushrods on to controll horns if we have to.

What do you guys think of my set up?

I have not checked the CG yet.  Seems like its going to balance nice with the gib 26cc gas engine.
    I am also looking for advice on controll throws,flap settings, and mixes.

My elevators travel further than the TOP FLITE CESSNA recomondations but less than CMP recomends.  Should I just set my plane up to the TOP FLITE specs?

I'm worried that I will come in for the landing flare and run out of elevator authority.  

The Plane really looks awesome.  I have spared no expense on making it nice.  Thanks for all the advice guys!!!!!

I'll post pitcures and a video or eveything tonight.

Maiden Flight Video Soon!!!!!!!

Sea Commander Floats are on Order!!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Trying to Embed this Video...................OK Got it.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuqLQ64qgJE[/youtube]

This is what the Plane looked like right after the lights went in. The Green Nav light works now ( I was burnt out). More Vids Soon!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeH6hLX_JFk[/youtube]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Be9X4XEjE[/youtube]

Let me Know what you guys think!!!!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Good work, really looks good, Now remember this is not a 3D plane ck your elevator and rudder trhous, this are very responsive airplane on rudder as well as elevator. make shure you stay with the recomended trous. at least for the first few flyghts. I'm very please with the trows on the instructions
    Too much may cause to have awreck plane. AILERON23mm up/down 25% exponential
    RUDDER -35mm left/right 30% exponential
    ELEVATORS 30mm up/down 30% exponential
    Flaps 15mm down 36mm full flaps down.
    This works great for me, Be conservative, once you get familiarized change to what is best for you.

[hi guys i am building a cessna 182 top flite is there any problem if I use all my servos s3004 or should the elebvator servo be stronger
    does anyone know how to install four stroke engine i have been in the hobby 20 some years and first time installing a four stroke
    regards
    david

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn9wCFi1TXc[/youtube]

OK SUCCESSFUL MAIDEN VOYAGE.!!!!!!!

I'm going to add a bit of down thrust and adjust the flap settings and I should be perfect. The wings are not epoxied. No major mods except rudder is pull pull.
    The pilot Tom is a super experienced RC pilot from Grand Rapids. I figured I would let him have the first crack at it. He liked how it flew.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I maidened my new ProJet version of the Cessna 182 today.
    It flies just like the CMP one did. It came out just under 16 pounds...the same as the CMP.

My observations on the ProJet version (as opposed to the discontinued CMP offering) are:
    The paint work on the fuse and wing tips is not as good. (in fact I think the trim colors might be some sort of vinyl type film with clear coat once installed)
    Wheel pants come painted white only (no trim colors)
    wing is also white only (no trim colors)
    wing struts are aluminum (all other hardware is identical)

Some issues I had on this one that I did not have on the CMP:
    the wing bolts were in line with a vertical bulkhead making it very difficult (impossible) to install the blind nuts
    fuel tank mount would not fit where it was supposed to. One of the 2 bulkheads it mounts to was reversed.
    I had to enlarge some of the side window openings so that the plastic window would fit
    there was some wood structure at the top of the back window opening that had to be cut so that the window could be installed

I did not use the stock control horns for rudder and elevator on this one (a contributing factor to the loss of the CMP version)
    internal pull pull on rudder using a steering tiller on a piece of music wire that I epoxied into the bottom of the rudder
    elevator halves were joined with a 1/8 inch music wire joiner (L shape on both ends) with a control horn silver soldered in the middle

BTW - I have some spare parts that I did not use:
    1 set main gear and axles
    2 sets of nose gear (don't know why anyone would use it)
    1 set of stock tires
    1 set of CMP painted wheel pants
    1 set of Projet white wheel pants
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vt58088.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	103.5 KB 
ID:	1659963   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ok28902.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	109.6 KB 
ID:	1659964  
    Gary Baker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice plane and maiden there m1morrow. I have one of these still in the box, havent got around to building it yet. In regard to the wings snapping someone said in a earlier thread that this had been addressed at the factory in later kits and fixed. Not sure exactly when this happened or how accurate the information was from the previous poster. You need to put lights on it now...
    Trex 500ESP, Trex 100, Blade MCPx, HK450GT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

with this planes i have the older version and ive been flying it for a while and i never had any problem so far it has a about 20 flights and still no problems with the wings people break the wings because the over speeding the plane or putting to much load on it it flys like the real one its very scale in the air and like the real one if you roll it or do a dive you will rip the wings off and people say the break on hard landings well i have a hard time have any hard landings this thing lands very smooth
    i love the smell of nitro in the morning.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Bigfella

Thanks for the nice comments.  All the lights were in the plane during the maiden but I had not put the batteries in her yet permanently.
    2 days ago I soldered all the light circuits together in parallel and then installed them on a futaba RX switch.  I have a 8cell 9.6v 2000mah Nimh battery pack on order so I can recharge the battery from a charge receptacle.

Also I tried the lights with a fully charged 9.6V pack and WOW!!! that extra .6V combined with a fully charged pack really makes those lights bright.  The ram lights were originally designed for a regular 9 volt battery.   

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

grbaker....I'm thinking about getting this plane. Can you give us your setup?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mymyankee7

Not 100% sure but I think this model has been discontinued for some time, you might get lucky and find a hobby shop that still has one left in stock.
    Trex 500ESP, Trex 100, Blade MCPx, HK450GT

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it was discontinued but a small rc company called projet that goes threw nitroplanes.com bought the rights to it and started making it again with miner changes and a new paint job.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine is the Projet version which is still available here: http://www.nitroplanes.com/cmp058-cessna140-kit.html

Mine is all stock except for rudder and elevator linkage. Rudder is pull-pull. elevator halves are joined with one HD elev. control horn (both rudder and elevator linkages are all internal)
    DLE 30 for power (more than enough)
    Used a Fults HD nose gear with Dubro balloon tires all the way around. It looks like a bush plane.

I wanted a sport plane that looked scale and that I would not be afraid to fly in less that perfect runway or weather conditions. This plane is perfect for that.
    Gary Baker

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Gary...I'm almost ready to pull the trigger on this one..

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

i got some short videos of mine on youtube if anybody wants to see them my screen name is fatrcguy on there

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anybody tried the CMP Cessna 182 in a taildragger configuration ?

Thanks
    Tomd

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I juist got ordered the Nitroplanes version. $189 + shipping. Black Friday started ! week early there !!!!!!

Has anyone done this in electric? I want to but It looks like I'd have to cut out a door panel and do some re-inforcing around it to get to the bats....????

could the cowl be split and bats inserted part way thru the firewall??

YES, I Have an E-flite power 160 and Turnigy 100 amp ESC and the battery compartment hatch is on the bottom. I am using a six cell and 4 cell in series for ten cells. Both are 4000 mah and 30 C discharge. It flys really great, with around 10 minute flight times. I will try to add a pic. I also added some pics of my TF giant scale Bonanza with an E-flite power 110, and my Top Flite giant scale Corsair powered by a Rimfire 65 CC equivalent electric motor. I now fly all electric.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hf99110.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	1690045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rp44839.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	73.6 KB 
ID:	1690046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xv65287.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	91.2 KB 
ID:	1690047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jg14298.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	1690048   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hc94085.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	1690049  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

1uglypug, I think that you will find them all ugly.....loveable though. (pugs) Could you post a pic or two of how you did your bat compartment??? Please. just kidding about the pugs. Gotta love Frank, the Men-In_Black dog-alien.

alan

Page 43 of 49 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast