Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Hey Fyrwalker welcome back,,, great to see the new pics,, I'll bet you are screamin to get her in the air.
Welcome Matt and thanks for the TX info,,,, I'm liken that new tech stuff all it takes is a little money.[&:]

Good to hear my ol friends all sqawkin on here again, so I'm going to get right to it

My New camera has finally arrived, so here is my New T_ _ _ T and Waldos workshop
And maybe my Us 1000 project still active,,, depending on the size of the pics we'll see how it goes,,,,, all I have to do is wrap the US 1000 and then glue all the parts on,,,, all parts are made and sanded, sanded, sanded,,, and waiting to be mono-coted and then sanded some more,,, I think I have about 1 - 2 hours every night over the last 2 weeks and 5 hours Saturday in just sanding[:-][:-] but man was it worth it. ihope these aren't huge I still have to go in and set a few things,,,,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59435.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	630101   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xt60209.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	630102   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mr42184.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	630103   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ic83698.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	630104  
Old 02-26-2007, 07:11 AM
MattPTC

hey waldo, was that a sig kadet senior i saw hanging on your wall? i love those planes. I have made several modifications to mine.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:25 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

FRYWALKER,

Wow, what a shiney new T**t you have there! Very nice. I love my OS .61. I have flown with several other configurations, but the .61 can't be beat. I fly a 14x4 APC on mine in the cooler weather, and when it warms up say above 65 degrees I prop down to a 13x4. I use a 12.25 x3.75 on my .46 powered Twist. Let me know how the .61 does with the smaller prop. I bet it will spool up in a hurry.

Waldo,

Is that CA you got in your hand? I figured if it was epoxy, it would be in a five gallon bucket. That US 1000 looks sweet man. You can tell you have been sanding on it. It looks really smooth. That is awesome you finally got your camera.

MattPTC,

Welcome to the thread. This may sound wierd, but I like the break away point aft of the canopy. It absorbs all the energy on impact, and keeps the rest of the plane from turning into splinters. I have done a little reinforcing myself upon repairing this break just for more surface area to glue to. However, I think overall this is a good place for the weakest link to be. I have never damaged the fuse anywhere else. The wing, not that is a different story.

Dutch,

Good to hear from you again. I have been flying my electrics everyday in the snow, and my heli indoors. Finally got the Twsit out last week and had 2 awesome flights. How about you? Been flying?

I didn't get it? Please elaborate.

Old 02-26-2007, 08:36 AM
MattPTC

Adam,

Having the weak spot there is probably good. When my t***t hit, the entire plane was okay besides the fuselage broke in half, and it was a very easy fix. Your're probably right, i just didn't take the time to think about it that way. Oh well, i reinforced that area so much on my t***t that i probably moved the weak spot somewhere else. Also, have any of you had any expirence using a TT gp .61? i bought a used one for dirt cheap and am wondering if it would be good for my t***t. the engine runs good on the bench, but what prop should i use, my previous expirence is with .46 size models and smaller. thanks guys!
Old 02-26-2007, 09:27 AM
Waldopepperaxel

MattPTC

Yes that is a Kadet Sr and it has a nice bomb dropping hatch ran by a retract servo, it is a fun plane to fly, Not as fun as the T_ _ _ T mind you, but still a blast.

ADAM If epoxy came in 5 gallon buckets I would have a gallon bucket of solid weight,, I tend to forget to put the lids on things,, Probably from smelling the Glues[sm=bananahead.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif]

I set all my planes up in the basement last night to show you all my air force, but I couldn't get them all in the frame,, well I could, but it was tough to see the beer cooler Mig 27,, it'll have to wait until I bring them all outside so I can step back.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:47 AM
jwk72

All this talk about the new Spektrum 2.4 Ghz system had me a little depressed, it sounds like an awesome product because the field I fly at there are usually a lot of guys out and it is not uncommon to have to wait your turn. Problem is I just bought a shinny new Futaba 9C at the end of last year and I didn't want to replace it already. Well... now I have something new to buy (big suprise), it seem as if Spektrum is making some adapter unit for (most) Futaba radios that will allow the to utilze the 2.4Ghz system. Very cool stuff. Now I just have to figure out how to buy it without the wife finding out![sm=50_50.gif]

MattPTC, welcome to the thread! I also got my T _ _ _T last year and have recieved tons of information on a number of things from the people here. What kind of mod did you do to your wings? There was something going around here a couple of months ago about wing mods. How do you like it? WE NEED PICS! BTW... Waldo loves pictures in the off season (the rest of us kinda like them too).

Jay K.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Downtrodden

Matt,

Welcome aboard! The weak spot you're talking about apears to be a benefit (although I doubt the designer planned it that way.) I've repaired the T_ _ _ T more times than I care to admit, but what I do is lay in some pieces of carbon fiber rod across the breaks and it really beefs up the fuse. (I just lay the rod in the corners and sprinkle on some baking soda and then smoothe with my finger....I then apply some thin CA and voila! Please, only do one at a time or you'll have a mess.)
It's sounds like some flyers are getting anxious out there! Spring is almost here?

Peace,

downtrodden
Old 02-26-2007, 03:41 PM
2HI2C

I was asking Waldo if he got his camera yet.
Old 02-26-2007, 03:50 PM
MattPTC

hey guys, here are some pictures of the wing modifications i made on my twist. along with an old piper cub and whats left of my sig wonder. :-( the wing ripped off in mid air on the wonder. of well, at least the t___t is still flying!

Name:	Hf10086.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	630353   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb90892.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.3 KB
ID:	630354  
Old 02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
MattPTC

more pictures, yeah.....

Name:	Sq47056.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	630358   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql32993.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	630359  
Old 02-26-2007, 04:02 PM
MattPTC

yeah........even more pictures! i hope you like all of these Waldo, becasue down here in Georgia it is not the off season, nice 60 degree weather and little winds. gotta love the south for flying year round! if the weather is good this weekend, i will try to get some pics of my t___t in flight and maybe some of the other planes at the field.

Name:	Db85131.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	630363   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kf12922.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	630364  
Old 02-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Waldopepperaxel

But of course i like all of those ,,,, I'm looking out my snow filled window as we speak,, I just snow blowed the driveway when I got home from work,, and now it is snowing again,,, I didn't know it was going to snow again[:-][]

I guess I'll go do a little more sanding. here my US with the Supertigre 2300 in the mount.

Oh how I miss my T_ _ _ T flights[&o]

Name:	Jh16030.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	630707   Click image for larger version

Name:	Qm35740.jpg
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	630708   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di99141.jpg
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	630709  
Old 02-26-2007, 11:32 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Waldo, don't let the snow get you down. Just whip the lid off the glue, take a big whiff, and sing:
♪♫
"Just glide there
Through the clear air
Making figure eights
Through the pearly gates
Where the soul and the universe meet

If you want to be a bird
It won't take much
To get you up there
But when you come down
Land on your feet "
♪♫
Holy Modal Rounders
Old 02-27-2007, 03:56 AM
dutchalltheway

Tim singing??told ya...no flying when you'r drunk...you naughty pilot you...
Old 02-27-2007, 06:47 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Great tune TimC

Maybe I'll use those words this week at our gig.

and I have been sniffing lots of glue,,, I think thats half my problem But repairing and building the fleet is my winter fun, I had lots to do this season. I set up all my planes and discovered I might have to buy a trailer to get them all to the field,,, as long as my T_ _ _ T fits in the van I'm all set...
Old 02-27-2007, 07:13 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Oh, I see. Should have figured that one out on my own, sorry!

Tim,

You are quite the musician there buddy. Do you sing while you fly?

Waldo,

What is the wingspan of that thing? Super Tiger 2300, I hear that is a nice motor. You gonna be able to hover that bird?

Old 02-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Waldopepperaxel

I think it is more of a pattern Ship, But I have found out over the last few seasons, with an over size motor you can pretty much hover anything Wingspan is 6.5 feet
Old 02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
Brendon

Hey guys, been following the thread somewhat, lots to read.
I have the t---t 40 and 60, love both of them. the 40 i'm running ys 63 with 14-4w apc, lots of power.
the 60, got a little crazy but can never have to much power, saito 120 with 16-4w apc. The sound is amazing with the prop snap and power whooaa take of in about 2 feet then go veritcal to the moon.
Question, balance cg at 6-1/4 inverted flight no down alerone flys hands off, always wants to climb when power up, should I put a little down thrust?
thanks for the help
Old 02-27-2007, 06:54 PM
naswifty

Welcome, Brendon, to the happiest thread on RCU. got some reall dedicated experts (or as we like to call them, "T<->T-AHOLICS that hang out here. one even does a first step with each posting about his "glue" addiction . . . lol
Is that CG for the 40 or 60?
We've found that the berfect dry weight CG on the 40 is at about 5 3/4" aft of the LE. on mine, I made a mark out on the wingtip to the location. since the 60's wing has a longer chord, I'm curious if you could do an equasion to see what the would convert out to on the 60.
on the 40's wing, measure from the le to the joint of the alerion/wing. figure out what percent the distance (5.750) is.
now measure the total distance again on the 60, and equate out the same percentage and then re-CG the plane and give it a go at the field. . .
Just my feeble thoughts, since i'm ony a builder that has recently flown his T<->T for the first tim

jeff
"what goes up, must come down"
Newton meets Blood, Sweat, and Tears
Old 02-27-2007, 10:08 PM
Brendon

Tim,
Yes thats the for the 60 6-1/4, I did have it at 6-1/2 but just to tail heavy, wanted to sink on turns, climb while inverted. I have to say though, I've had a lot of planes(still do wife thinks I'm nuts) but its the most fun to fly.both the 40 and 60, the 40 though is a smother flyer in my opinion, but that could just be how I have them set up.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:27 PM
TimC

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, welcome to the thread Brendon. I would love to give the 60 a try but I just can't justify any more planes.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:07 AM
2HI2C

Man does not have to justify more planes. [>:]If man wants more planes, Man Growls (like tim the tool man taylor) & go get more planes.[>:] That is the way it is supposed to be.
WELL I CAN DREAM CAN"T I .
Old 02-28-2007, 09:26 AM
Downtrodden

Pictures, pictures, and more pictures............keep 'em comin' boys..............*especially you Waldo!*
Old 02-28-2007, 11:06 AM
Waldopepperaxel

Glue,,,,,[X(] Did someone say glue,,,,[] [:-][:-][sm=bananahead.gif] don't tease me now....

Yes,,, welcome to the thread Brendon, You will enjoy countless hours here,,,

did someone really say Glue[:-][&:] I don't have a 60 size,, so send us some action pics if you can.

I can't wait to get that new T_ _ _ T in the air and take some Movies of her in action, I hope we can finally get that T_ _ _ T Video contest we were trying to pull of last season.

We need some Pics from you as well Downt.

Nice thoughts there Naswifty,, Yeah go and try that out Brandon,,, we need someone with both planes to try that.

TimC I have been practicing your words for this weeks gig..

I have to agree with you 191,,,, MAN Must take Control,,,[>:] and buy as many planes as he can in his life time,,,,,, you never know when your going to be in an emergency situation when perhaps bringing your wife on vacation and you may need to land a plane your flying in,,,,[X(] and she'll be glad you you knew a little something about it,,, unless you crash of course.[]
So In fact I Buy every plane I see when my wallet gets puffy,, And I will never take no for an answer,,, Oops,,, gotta go the wifes comming,, shhhh I never said that,, dang,,, I didn't put my glue away,,[] I'm in trouble... [&o]

Old 02-28-2007, 02:32 PM
Brendon

I'd like to put some pics for yahs buyt not sure how, I will try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.