Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2007, 09:52 PM
linkadrip

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

I have a question i'm curious about Why is it in most the replies No one types out the word TWIST when talking about the plane yet i see the word written when refering to something like MId wing Twist. Just curious about it is all. T_ _ _ T seems alot harder to type or T\/\/!$T.

Is this a secrect code of the twist 40 owners lol
Old 08-11-2007, 11:06 PM
ke4jjh

Naswifty...
The original designation for the twin fuse mustang was P-82 it was later changed to F-82. I have a P-82 T _ _ _ T in the preliminary stages. My last twist came in with minor wing damage and the supplier sent me replacement. I now have 2 slightly damaged spare wings to hack up for this project.
My plan is to configure the wings to where I can remove the P-82 wing and install the single wings so that I will still be able to fly them separately. If everything goes well I will be able to switch from 2 single T _ _ _ Ts to one double T _ _ _ T in only a few minutes. Thats the plan anyway. We will have to wait and see if it works out that way. Still haven't settled on how to do the stabs. Maybe a removable clip to join them together. Currently trying to decide on the proper spacing between the fuses and repairing the wings. Work is becoming an annoying distraction from my hobby.

Waldo...
Sorry to here about your loss. you shloud be able to put it back together in your sleep by now. The bipe damage looks cool. I think the NTSB would call that a near miss. The rest of us would call it a near hit. Great that you both were able to get back down safe.

BendeR...
Don't listen to the weatherman... he lies!!!! I gave up on mine a long time ago. I do a better job.

WizzBang...
Hangar 9 just came out with basicaly a high wing T _ _ _ T called The Tango. It has a T _ _ _ T wing in a high wing configuration. You can check out the video of it on Horizon's site. It should give you an idea of how a high wing T _ _ _ T would fly. They are suppose to be out next month. I have one with my name on it.

Glad most of you got to go fly today. It was a beautiful day here, light winds but hot as heck 103F in the shade. I had to work so no flying today. I didn't get far from the A/C today. It was almost dark when I got home. Need to rig one of the T _ _ _ Ts up with lights to fly at dusk. Will be at the field rain or shine tomorrow.

T errific
W hen
I n
S piral
T wist
Old 08-12-2007, 09:22 AM
WizzBang

linkadrip- I have no idea why. I chose to type T\/\/!$T just to be different from everyone typing T____T. Of course I did slip and actually typed Twist as well.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:38 AM
Insanemoondoggie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

taken from earlier post.

I can't remember the exact details (since it was last explained by the person who started doing it long ago), but it has to do with a protest over a problem one member had with his newly arived kit. He couldn't get any satisfaction from either Horizon Hobbies or hangar 9, so in rebelion, stated that he'd never mention the name of the plane on the original thread. once it got going, EVERYONE was then doing the T_ _ _ T spelling, even including myself. The person Loved his planes, and continued to post and help us newcomers to the longest thread in the entire forum. I've seen people come and go, but the reverance to the spelling just seems (out of respect) to continue to this day. If there;s anyone with better details, I'm sure that they'll chime in.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:50 AM
skukreja
My Feedback: (6)

Hey all. The Bipe made it to the field and I got to break in the new engine. Unfortunately, she never made it airborn as I realized that some of the carbane supports may be inadequate once I saw the engine running. No biggie, a little reinforcement and it won't be long. I did snap a few pics which I'll post up tomorrow, unfortunately I'm couped up at work all day today. Happy Twisting.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:15 PM
NCIS

Question,

Is this just a Twist 40 thread or is it OK to discuss the 60 and 150. I have had a Twist 60 with a Super Tigre Ringed .75 2-stoke in mine for about 3 weeks and have been flying it for 2. It is my first 3D plane and also my scond plane to fly since my Nexstar trainer. It is almost like a trainer on low rates but can still get wild on high rates. I love this plane and out of 12 planes this is now my favorite one. Next I'll fly my FuntanaX 100 but I'm learning on the Twist. I love the way it can fly so slow but yet can fly pretty fast also. I have a 15x4W APC prop on it and I think I'm going to switch to a 14x4W APC to see if it flys any better. What is your opinion if you are flying the 60 size Twist? Here is my Twist with my first and wrong prop.

Thanks,

Gibbs
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61293.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	740668   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41287.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	740669  
Old 08-12-2007, 04:18 PM
linkadrip

ORIGINAL: Insanemoondoggie

taken from earlier post.

I can't remember the exact details (since it was last explained by the person who started doing it long ago), but it has to do with a protest over a problem one member had with his newly arived kit. He couldn't get any satisfaction from either Horizon Hobbies or hangar 9, so in rebelion, stated that he'd never mention the name of the plane on the original thread. once it got going, EVERYONE was then doing the T_ _ _ T spelling, even including myself. The person Loved his planes, and continued to post and help us newcomers to the longest thread in the entire forum. I've seen people come and go, but the reverance to the spelling just seems (out of respect) to continue to this day. If there;s anyone with better details, I'm sure that they'll chime in.
Thank you that expains alot and i will try to repect that But my TVV!$T is AWsome and i love the plane havent had any real difficulty with it yet have to fly it got the throws set that was a little bit bothersome according to the manual.
Aileron - low rate - 1" (15degrees up) and down, High rate - 1 5/8" (23 degrees) up and down no problem there.

Elevator - Low rate 1" up and down High rate - 2" (25 degrees) up and down no problem

Rudder - Low Rate 1 3/4" (18 degrees) left and right, High rate 2" (22 degrees) left and right no problem

Ok but for the 3D throws of 2 1/2" (35 degrees) and 2 3/4" (35 degrees) 2 1/2" (28 degrees) sems unacheviable max throw on the servo was barley 2 inches of deflection plus how can the setting of the inches of throw be the same and not the degrees of throw this doesnt seem correct.

Well i wont be Doing any 3d for awhile so i guess it can wait i think the manual is misprinted.
Old 08-12-2007, 04:28 PM
jlank
My Feedback: (5)

NCIS I fly my T_ _ _t 60 with a Magnum .91 and a 15x4w APC prop. I think the 14x4w APC would be a good prop choice.

Joel
Old 08-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Insanemoondoggie

linkadrip , are you using extra long servo arms? You`ll be fine on the low rates, but it`s is diffinetly faster on low rates than your probably use to.
NCIS I`ve been flying my Twist .40 with a Saito.72 and APC 14x4w. I tried a 13x7 and think I like it better.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:12 PM
linkadrip

Using the stock servo arms that came with the plane maybe i have the linkages in the wrong holes , tooks some pics of the control arms on the plane. kinda figure that i will have to get longer control arm to get the 3D throws if i ever want to do 3D. one thing i did notice about the control arms is there not exactly straight looking so i'm thinking i will have to re center the servos and re position the control arm to point straight up and down.

Name:	Sq47156.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	37.7 KB
ID:	740894   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84483.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	740895   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx62701.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	740896   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pi17115.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	740897   Click image for larger version

Name:	Do82193.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	740898  
Old 08-12-2007, 07:29 PM
naswifty

Link...don't change the location of your rods on the servos, but DO change the clevis location on the control horns. Mine are on the middle hole and I have more than enough travel/throw to make the recommended settings for high rates...
My only problem is that I just ain't ready for that much action yet. . . give me a few more hours on the sticks. . . .

Also: do you have settings on your radio to control your servo travel? Mine are at 110% ( JR 6102). . .
Jeff

NCIS: if it has T___T (TWIST) written on it, then this is THE place to talk about it. I personally am waiting for the 33% T___T so I can contact Desert Aircraft and put a twin cylinder on it.
now thats the SHIZZLE, Manizzle. . . .
Old 08-12-2007, 07:40 PM
Insanemoondoggie

linkadrip, Mine is an ARF and the kits instruction say you need extra long servo arms. And to get to the recommend throws it takes extra long servo arms. You should be fine with these arms on low rates. I would not recommend trying to get high rates with the stock servo arms.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:46 PM
TimC

ORIGINAL: NCIS

Question,

Is this just a Twist 40 thread or is it OK to discuss the 60 and 150.
Nice looking plane Gibbs. We have discussed everything from fishing to Moon Pies on this thread. I think the mods have given up on us.
naswifty, a 33% T[sm=punching.gif]T would be nice, but what I'd really like to see as a .15 size. Then I would have a home for my Saito .30.
Old 08-12-2007, 07:52 PM
naswifty

Yes, and I could pull the OS .25 out of my trainer and have an almost "park flyer". . . .
Old 08-12-2007, 09:57 PM
Downtrodden

TimC...............I like your way of thinking! I too have an original Saito .30 waiting for a home.........come to think of it, I never even started that engine. I remember that moonpie conversation.............who was the big moonpie fanatic? Waldo perhaps?

Linkadrip........(you'll have to explain that name to me some day)..........I have to admit that it was I that started the T_ _ _ T thing. To make a long story short..........the distributor refused to replace over $200 worth of plane, receiver, ESC, etc when an ESC arming failure caused the plane to take off prematurely and then nearly missing a bystander exploded into a pile. They called it "collateral damage" even though they offered to replace just the ESC and nothing else. I aired my disgust for the poor treatment I received and have been kindly supported by those who show their solidarity by not recognizing the distributor's products by name. For that........thank you one and all. (Especially for those of you that are tired of hearing me explain this once again.)

downtrodden
Old 08-13-2007, 02:19 AM
linkadrip

Yes i Suppose i could have went back some 350 post to find out why the name of the plane had been consealed. But thank you for explaining it i understand the intention. And well the name Linkadrip Means absoultly nothing I just thought up something that rymes with link and use it as a screen name seems unique enough. I Could have used Chudfutts or Warlexis as a screen but choose to use Linkadrip instead as a name.
Just a creative name i thought up some years ago and have been using it ever since.

naswifty
I will tone my Throws down a bit on the Servos in the radio and move the location of the rod. I know i' am not ready for the throws it has on it currently. And later on when i get ready for 3D will get some longer servo arms.

I think i will keep it on low rates for a while till i get use to the plane before even going to a high rate. Seems alot safer that way.

Thanks for all the input appriciate it.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:58 AM
Downtrodden

er...........Waldo...............I think you have a new Zap compadre [sm=bananahead.gif][sm=52_52.gif][sm=lol.gif]
Old 08-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Waldopepperaxel

MOONPIE !! [sm=tongue_smile.gif] [&:][&:] DID SOMEONE SAY MOONPIE????!!!!! [&:][&:][&:]

How can you go through a day without a Moonpie ???
Now I need to go find a Moonpie,,,, It doesn't take much to push this kid off the wagon
did that answer your question Downt.

Didn't someone say they were going to try and use Moonpies for landing wheels??? I tried, but they didn't roll very well with bites taken out of them.[&o]

Linkadrip, Listen to Moondoggie,,,,, yes go with the long control arms, dubro makes a good one, and for absolute authority, put that control rod on the closest hole setting to the moving surface's,, but only when your ready for such action.... and I do mean action.

TimC a .15 size would most likely be outlawed, you could land yourself in jail for having that much fun. just think of the snap roll rate on that, the .40 size is a blur as it is at WOT with full 3D rates on. I like your thinkin.

ke4jjh If I was the plane on the bottom we could have maybe rode with our landing gear touching each plane, LOL, That would have looked pretty cool, not that this didn't. yes we were both happy about the outcome for our encounter. I can't wait to see the double fuselage T_ _ _ T good luck.

skukreja How'd the maiden Bipe T _ _ _ T go ??? were waiting at the edges of our seats here...
Old 08-13-2007, 08:22 AM
Waldopepperaxel

DownT,, Aren't we all Zap-a-holics?? Oops Sorry,,, We're all T_ _ _ T aholics,,, never mind,,
but I think you maybe right, always like to have a fellow Zap nut around.

I can't help but feel a little twitterpaited when I see one of my planes go in, to think of the next few nights I will be surrounded by Zap, Epoxy and Moonpies,,, I tell you Life just doesn't get any better. its the simple things that make it all worth it.[8D]
Old 08-13-2007, 09:22 AM
naswifty

Link.....here's my setup. . .

on one PnP I have a Saito.72..... it's the beast. it has all the bells and whistles with each alerion servo on it's own channel. flaps/flaperions. elevator/flap coupling. . . it's sick in the air. way beyond my flying skills. but it's still there. . . .I have a disease having to do with obcessive/compulsive.....if it can do it, I have the plane set up to be able to do it. I've let experienced pilots fly it and it's off the hook. . .

My stock PnP has the y harness, has rates set per the manual instructions. I get 2 mistakes high, then flip the switch and freak it around. if it gets too squirlly, I get back on low rates and bring it down and chill for a while till my heart rate gets back to near-normal.
everyone who posts here and flys a T___T has experienced this, and if they say diferent, then they're lieing. . . [:-]
Old 08-13-2007, 09:25 AM
BendR

I think we found the moon pie addict!
"Didn't someone say they were going to try and use Moonpies for landing wheels??? I tried, but they didn't roll very well with bites taken out of them. " HAHAHAHA!!

No real flyin for me this weekend[]. Got plenty of time on the sim tho, it's getting pretty boring and sometimes I have to try to hit stuff just for fun. LOL!!

Waldo, too bad about the carnage man! Had to be cool to see the near miss/hit. Can't get much closer than that.
Old 08-13-2007, 05:50 PM
skukreja
My Feedback: (6)

So here are some pictures below. Unfortunately, it looks like the carbane struts will need a little refinement before I feel comfortable taking it to the air.. I'd hate for the top wing to rip off in flight afterall.. The wings weren't really designed to support the stresses of another wing hanging off them so with a little more work, it should be fine.. I hope to have a maiden soon though,

Sachin

Name:	Db83840.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	741494   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy79234.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	108.7 KB
ID:	741495   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb74278.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	741496  
Old 08-13-2007, 08:03 PM
archermatt

Hey, I was wondering, cause its raining out side right now, if any of you have flown your twists in the rain. Is it bad for the plane to do this.

Hey skukreja, that biplane twist looks awesome!! good luck on the maiden.

-matt
Old 08-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Insanemoondoggie

Now that is something you don`t see everyday. How did you balance it ?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:04 PM
WizzBang

That Biplane looks SWEET! I hope it flys as nice as it looks. How do you have it balanced right now? I'd expect you'd have to move the CG forward a bit but I could be wrong. Keep us posted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.