Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 10:13 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

Due to some issues caused by the enormous post count in this thread we are going to split this thread on the Hangar 9 Twist 3D into a Part II continuation thread.

For easy reference the original Part I of the thread can be referenced at the link below:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_1674813/tm.htm

We hope in our upcoming upgrade early next year the timeouts or bugs caused by these 5000+ post count threads will be repaired at which point we would rejoin Part I and Part II. In the meantime this move should make browsing the thread and viewing newest posts since last visit much faster and without error.

Please continue the discussions on the Hangar 9 Twist 3D in this Part II thread.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:45 AM
Downtrodden

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hangar 9 Twist 3D Part II - Thread Continuation

A milestone to be sure.
Old 12-26-2006, 11:56 AM
2HI2C

WOW
This is the only T---T we have had. It's been around since march 2006 with well over 100 flights on it with no mishaps & My son is now flying by himself & is starting to fly the T---T. I'm thinking it's time to get another so we can fly them together. The other will be the ARF so we can tell them apart.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo40163.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	583859   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nk27896.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	583860  
Old 12-26-2006, 01:37 PM
jwk72

How fast you think we can fill this one up?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:57 PM
E-Mo
My Feedback: (12)

They just keep getting bigger & bigger

http://www.hangar-9.com/Products/Def...ProdID=HAN4525
Old 12-26-2006, 03:01 PM
Waldopepperaxel

Dang,, How bout that,, we get a Part II[8D] I hope this doesn't turn into the ROCKY Type thing, The 1st is always the best, Now with a part II Were going to have to have a Sequel maybe thats our new goal The T_ _ _ T ,,,, PART 10
Old 12-26-2006, 04:16 PM
2HI2C

I Think H----r 9 should give everyone here a New T---T 40 & if they do we might start spelling out there name. What do you think ?
Old 12-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Matthew Allen

ORIGINAL: Waldopepperaxel

Dang,, How bout that,, we get a Part II[8D] I hope this doesn't turn into the ROCKY Type thing, The 1st is always the best, Now with a part II Were going to have to have a Sequel maybe thats our new goal The T_ _ _ T ,,,, PART 10
We could go all post-modern and try for a prequel. Be different y'know.

Matthew
Old 12-26-2006, 06:00 PM
RVator
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suitcase's original T---t bite the dust a while back and needed to be replaced. I got him a World Models 40 size Ultimate to use the engine and radio gear in. So for now we are not twisting. I should get my son one and put it away for his second plane after his trainer. Hope Santa was good to everyone.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:49 PM
jwk72

Anyone use the H9 FSone simulator? I have been messing around with it and upsized the T_ _ _ T .40 with the .72 saito to the dimensions of the .60 with a Saito 100. Doesn't seem a whole lot different, but was interested to hear opinions from anyone else who might have tried this and what your thoughts are.

-Jay K.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:07 PM
dutchalltheway

ORIGINAL: jwk72

Anyone use the H9 FSone simulator? I have been messing around with it and upsized the T_ _ _ T .40 with the .72 saito to the dimensions of the .60 with a Saito 100. Doesn't seem a whole lot different, but was interested to hear opinions from anyone else who might have tried this and what your thoughts are.

-Jay K.
Jay..This is not the answer you were looking for, but I use the AeroFly Pro Deluxe, and love every second of it!!I do not know if you are in the market for a Sim, but do not make up your mind until you at least see this one. It has been used by a lot of RC Flyers for a long time....in fact.....this is how I learned to fly!!Practiced on this Sim for quite a while..then was solo in 2 days with a trainer plane!..Just my .02
Old 12-27-2006, 05:10 PM
telejojo

I just bought a Twist 60 and a super tigre 61 to go in it.I hope it will have plenty of power as this is my first twist.I have an Ultra stick 40 and was wondering how the twist compares.
Old 12-27-2006, 07:27 PM
Downtrodden

TELEJOJO,

I have a .61 in my .40 size T_ _ _ T and it has just enough to do what I want. I think the .61 will fly the .60 size T _ _ _ T, but it more than likely won't 3D too well. I'd go for the 1.20 AX.

downtrodden
Old 12-28-2006, 08:03 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

TELEJOJO,

The .61 may be a little underpowered for you. I have seen them with .91 2 strokes and 1.00 four strokes, and they fly great. The .61 will fly it quite well I am sure, but hover power, and good vertical may be a challenge for you. If you already have the motor, and don't have a bigger one laying around, give it a shot, and let us know how it flies. It is about 2 to 2.5 pounds heavier than the .40 size, but you will also have more drag with the larger wings.

I have an electric .60 sized, but if I were to go glow on this model, I would do a Saito 1.25.

Adam
Old 12-28-2006, 03:06 PM
dutchalltheway

191557...Don't you LOVE!!! that tote??I've got all my tools, screwdrivers, spare parts in that rolling thing!!I can tell you that I would be lost without that rolling tool storage when on the fieldSaw your tool box in the picture and recognized it right away!One of the best tool boxes I've ever had!!
Old 12-28-2006, 03:13 PM
dutchalltheway

ORIGINAL: TELEJOJO

I just bought a Twist 60 and a super tigre 61 to go in it.I hope it will have plenty of power as this is my first twist.I have an Ultra stick 40 and was wondering how the twist compares.
TELEJOJO...I second AdamG and DownTrodden's opinion. The supe tigre will more than likely let you fly the Twist just fine, but you do not have any spare power, which you are going to need if you want to fly some 3D manoeuvresI too fly a .61 engine in my .40 size T _ _ _ T, and love every second of it. The .60 size T _ _ _ T will require a lil' heavier engine for the same result..Keep us posted....as always, we'll figure it out together here on the forum with the guys!
Old 12-28-2006, 04:36 PM
telejojo

Thanks, it will probably be next month before I get it together. I will give a flight report
Old 12-28-2006, 07:35 PM
2HI2C

dutchalltheway
Yes I do, That box was one of the best things created by man. I have my fuel & battery in the bottom section & all the support equipment in the top. That way I can fuel it , Quick charge it, start it & fix it all in one stop.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:01 PM
dutchalltheway

Well....a beautiful fly day ended kinda ackward.....[&:]
We have a sorta kinda mat on the field that makes it somewhat easier for planes to take off. The mat is of a somewhat hard material and stretches out quite a ways.

Since the wind was in a 90 degree angle on this mat, (which I don't use anyway)..I decided to speed up straight out of the pits,over the mat and then airborne. Well..the moment I am to run over the mat, I hit the elevator and ...airborne I was...however...something fell off the T _ _ _ T!!!!![]..Apparantly...the mat stood of the ground enough to where my tailwheel got stuck right before I lifted off...and tore my rudder completely off the stabilizer!!!![:@]The T_ _ _ T just flew like nothing had happened!!I turned her around and landed as of nothing had happened to her!!The force which the tail wheel got stuck behind the mat surface with, had also damaged my servo!!! The internal gear looked like it had exploded and the casing was cracked!![:@]The rod was completely intact, as was the rudder horn....unbelievable. The servo horn was still intact to...the internal gear was trashed!!...What an adventure that was....The Rudder was still intact....one hinge was broken..the other ones were ripped out...Some epoxy and another servo will do the trick to get her back up.....but this had never happened to me before......

All right guys...thought I'd shared my experience of this flight day....
Old 12-30-2006, 06:32 PM
Downtrodden

dutch,

I was wondering about that mat, as one of the pictures you posted showed it quite clearly. I thought it looked not only a little small, but those curled up edges looked as if they'd pose a threat to an aircraft just as you described it happening to yours. Your field looks flat, why use the mat at all? (Oh, I suppose you wouldn't have to mow it, nes pas?) Bummer man. You'll have it fixed up in a jiff.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!

downtrodden
Old 12-31-2006, 08:11 AM
Adam G
My Feedback: (17)

Dutch,

Have you considered an after market tail wheel that doesn't rely on the rundder for all of it's support? I use Sullivan tail wheels on a lot of my bigger planes. They attach to the bottom of the fuse and take all of the pressure off of the rudder. I was in a hurry to get Twist #2 off of the ground and didn't have a Sullivan on hand, so I am using the stock set up and it is holding up fine. Thought I would mention it because it would be a fun and easy mod to do to your baby at this time.

I belong to 2 flying clubs. One has a huge tar runway, and one has a 30 x 500 runway made from using landscape fabric stretched out and pinned down. When it gets ripped up or worn down, we just roll out another layer. It works great, and it is only about $800 to resurface the runway every 3 years. Now that we have several layers on, it makes for a very firm surface. I have torn a tail wheel off the exact same way you did on a loose piece of edge. I think it was a sullivan or similar, so I didn't even realize it until I heard the back of the plane scraping the ground as I was taxiing back to the pits.

Adam
Old 12-31-2006, 11:00 PM
Waldopepperaxel

BUMPY RUTTED MOUNDS OF CLUMPS AND MUD are the only runways to fly off of.... just kidding lol

Just wanted to wish you all a great and Happy New Years... Be festive and soar High in 2007[8D]
Old 01-01-2007, 09:43 AM
2HI2C

HAPPY NEW YEAR -----------Oh sorry I must have slept through it. It's 9:30 AM.
http://www.stinalisa.com/60sMusic.html (Turn up the volume)
Old 01-01-2007, 10:03 AM
thebluemax
My Feedback: (151)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mega Dittos!!!!!

ORIGINAL: Waldopepperaxel

BUMPY RUTTED MOUNDS OF CLUMPS AND MUD are the only runways to fly off of.... just kidding lol

Just wanted to wish you all a great and Happy New Years... Be festive and soar High in 2007[8D]
Old 01-01-2007, 10:32 AM
Downtrodden

hi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.