Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Pacific Aeromodel Clip Wing Monocoupe

Jim,
    Thanks for the info!
    Ron

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally got around to some motor break-in, starting to get nervous Video of my friend testing his smoke setup and my coupe.
    link to another site hope it is OK? RCG

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rcar4 - Nothing to be nervous about. The plane is a piece of cake to fly. Enjoy!

...and then the unthinkable happened!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks GaGeeBees, I will keep that in mind.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

For those who are using a Saito 170 radial in the PAC clip wing Monocoupe. I'm putting mine together now and am undecided which engine to use. I'm considering the 170 3 cylinder radial but am wondering about how it would work with the dummy engine. Does it work out so the three cutouts for the Saito is in line with the cylinders on the dummy engine? Is it necessary to use the dummy engine if the radial is being used? I would like to use it because it does look good. Does anyone have a good picture showing the radial with the dummy engine? Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated. My other engine consideration is a G-38. I have a new G-26 in the box but I'm wondering if the 38 would be better.

Peace, love, and happiness

Richard
    Richard
    Monocoupe Brotherhood #36

Full scale aerobatics is like having sex and being in a car wreck at the same time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

G26 fits perfectly.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: RHarding

For those who are using a Saito 170 radial in the PAC clip wing Monocoupe. I'm putting mine together now and am undecided which engine to use. I'm considering the 170 3 cylinder radial but am wondering about how it would work with the dummy engine. Does it work out so the three cutouts for the Saito is in line with the cylinders on the dummy engine? Is it necessary to use the dummy engine if the radial is being used? I would like to use it because it does look good. Does anyone have a good picture showing the radial with the dummy engine? Any suggestions and comments would be appreciated. My other engine consideration is a G-38. I have a new G-26 in the box but I'm wondering if the 38 would be better.

Peace, love, and happiness

Richard
    Doesn't work out perfectly with the three cutouts, but it doesn't look terrible. I don't think the dummy engine is absolutely necessary but I wanted it to serve as a baffle to direct cooling air over the cylinders. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jh16726.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	1224115   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sn42308.jpg 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	1224116  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the reply. I agree, it doesn't look real bad. Definitely won't know it in the air. How does the 170 pull the airplane. How about balance. Having any trouble keeping the bottom left cylinder firing (looking from the front)?

Again, thanks

Richard
    Richard

Full scale aerobatics is like having sex and being in a car wreck at the same time.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the reply. I agree, it doesn't look real bad. Definitely won't know it in the air. How does the 170 pull the airplane. How about balance. Having any trouble keeping the bottom left cylinder firing (looking from the front)?

Again, thanks

Richard
    Pulls the airplane very, very well. It's a great match. Balanced dead on the recommended CG with the servos mounted in the tail. I moved the batteries around a bit to fine tune things but didn't have to use any ballast. No trouble keeping the cylinder lit but I use a McDaniel/SonicTronics onboard glow driver set to come on at 1/4 throttle. It uses a 4-cell, 1900mAh NiCd pack which is good for a full day of flying. See previous posts on this thread for video of it taking off and landing. Can't beat that radial sound.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Finally maidened mine today after all this time.The Saito 170 is more than enough power,although it is still new with only a tank fuel through it.I'm only using a 1500 mah ni-cad on my McDaniel however and it only lasted two flights.Mine is set to come on just under half throttle right now because its new and needs some breaking in and final tuneing.The plane flew really suprisingly well with little trim change needed.Approaches were predictable ,all I needed was a click or two of power before bringing her down to land.Nice.
    GaGeeBees could you tell me about your break in procedure on your 170? You also spoke about the need to set the low end correctly,did you half to lean it some? or...Right now my main is about 31/4 -31/2 turns out and I haven't touched the low end needle.I'm going to get another higher mah battery like a 2000+ soon but for now i'll use the 1500.I'm running a 18x6 MA prop on 15%.
    Steve Daly
    MAAC #14007
    Challenger2 C-IECP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Steve. Congratulations on your maiden flight! Your 1.70 will gain some power as it breaks in. I broke mine in on the bench and went through two tanks with the needle at five turns open and kept the rpms's below 4,000. I gradually leaned the high speed needle on subsequent tanks until it had about an hour of run time and then mounted it in the aircraft. I didn't adjust the low speed needle until the end of my first flying season. It had to be leaned about 1/2 turn. I believe my battery pack is a 1,900 mAh sub-C. I found 18x6 to be a little too much prop. 16x8 works better for me.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got four flights on mine now,I leaned it some more and she really hauled the Monocoupe around the patch this evening I mean it got FAST!It sounds like a Ferrari at top end .What a machine.I really like it when you can hear the engine echoing off the trees a 1/4 mile away,Pretty cool.It also does a really nice snap roll.I'll try and get some pics later.
    Thanks for the info GaGeeBees ,mine seems to like the 18x6MA so I'll keep that on for now and I'll just leave my low end for now cause its running real good ,I'll just need a higher mah battery sometime.
    Steve Daly
    MAAC #14007
    Challenger2 C-IECP

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Glad you're enjoying It's a great model. I agree with you about the snap rolls, they're pretty spectacular.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Question,
    Is the Screw that holds the wing to the fuselage enough? Anyone adding a second one aft of the stock one?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

More than enough. A second screw would be overkill.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks, I know you have been flying the heck out of yours. That is good enough for me!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone having any problems with landing gear? I took mine out of the plastic sleeve today and the aluminum feels a little flimsy.

Richard
    Richard

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Anyone having any problems with landing gear? I took mine out of the plastic sleeve today and the aluminum feels a little flimsy.

Richard
    If you bounce it hard enough, it'll bend but I would not call it flimsy. Mine's got lots and lots of cycles on it and hasn't had a problem yet. The fairings at the fuse are in fine shape with no cracks. The wheel pants are the most trouble-free I've owned; they stay tight and stay put. The plane is incredibly easy to land.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Iv flown the pants off mine,really. I had a problem with the wheel pants comming off, looked like a warbird dropping saddle tanks. Then I remembered to give the bolts a dose of loctite and problem solved.
    Nosen Cessna 310 Club #1 Co-founder
    Clipped wing \"Coupe\" Brotherhood #4

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: TooLow

Iv flown the pants off mine,really. I had a problem with the wheel pants comming off, looked like a warbird dropping saddle tanks. Then I remembered to give the bolts a dose of loctite and problem solved.
    LOL yup, a little blue Loc-Tite does the trick. A little on the strut bolts is a good idea too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well, assuming my G26 comes out of the repair shop with a clean bill of health, I'll be installing it in a Monocoupe. I was actually all set to get the Monocoupe almost a year ago - but couldn't resist a H9 Supercub in excellent condition for $50.

Note to self - don't run a low torque nylon geared elevator servo on 1/4 scale....ever again!

Anyone running the G26 want to offer any exhaust/muffler suggestions? - somehow I don't think I'll be running mine

Jeff/LAX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks like you got your $50 worth out of it! Sorry about the loss. The H9 Supercubs are good planes.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

It _was_ a great plane - and I got my moneys worth. Great "first plane of the day"

Got a call at lunch - G26 can be fixed, so looks like a Monocoupe will be in my (near) future. Anyone running the G26 want to offer an opinion/advice on what exhaust they liked (or disliked)?
    Jeff/LAX

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I am getting close to a maiden, with one problem. I bought a reversing Y for the elevator, and it is twitching like crazy. Got to checking things out and saw 5 out of 6 of them seem to fail. We had a guy at the club that had one fry on him within the last two weeks, when I heard that I had to ... oh yes he lost his plane and damaged his motor. So I bit the $ bullet and bought a Matchbox. Hope to get it st up this weekend. I won't be able to maiden till after the holiday, please don't use reversing Y's

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Jeff, I just use the stock can that came with the G26. It fits inside the cowl with just the exhaust pipes sticking out. Just right for weight since no weiight was added to balance. (Please no comments bout my tidy workbench!)Made a dash panel to make it look right
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx69960.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	1228418   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pk31179.jpg 
Size:	73.2 KB 
ID:	1228419   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hm22610.jpg 
Size:	40.8 KB 
ID:	1228420  
    Nosen Cessna 310 Club #1 Co-founder
    Clipped wing \"Coupe\" Brotherhood #4

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast