Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Servo Reversing Y Lead - Problems!!!

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Servo Reversing Y Lead - Problems!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 04:59 PM
Rocketman_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Servo Reversing Y Lead - Problems!!!

Wouldn't it be convenient to be able to open your servo case and adjust throws, direction, dead band, etc.? I personally don't think so. No one has to do that anymore. Just buy the right equipment for your project and avoid "Mickey Mouse" hookups.

The pictures below show one of my scratch built servos from the days when all proportional R/C servos were analog. Even had to make the printed circuit board and the case. Though you could adjust almost everything, size and weight were pretty difficult to adjust. I'll bet you noticed that I didn't say I long for the good old days.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20360.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	597059   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql33670.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	597060  
Old 01-13-2007, 05:39 PM
opjose

Still it's nicely crafted, and clean.

I can imagine the effort involved putting together a single plane... ugh.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:21 PM
kainisrj

Hi everyone.

Well, I have def determined that it is a servo problem, still doing its crazy moves, i will be sending that one back to Tower Hobbies on Monday,
I have found the manual for my 7UAPS and have finally sorted out how to use a mix to allow dual elevator servos!!! So i have sorted it all out...... i just need that servo fixed and install now and I am sending this plane skywards!!! Thanks for all the help!!

RJ

Old 06-19-2011, 04:10 PM
3D pro1981

You might not be meaning to but why do you have to sound like your being short with your answer maybe he didnt think about the unit being bad.
Old 06-19-2011, 06:48 PM
captinjohn

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: kainisrj

Hi everyone.

Well, I have def determined that it is a servo problem, still doing its crazy moves, i will be sending that one back to Tower Hobbies on Monday,
I have found the manual for my 7UAPS and have finally sorted out how to use a mix to allow dual elevator servos!!! So i have sorted it all out...... i just need that servo fixed and install now and I am sending this plane skywards!!! Thanks for all the help!!

RJ

I hope you get Tower H. to exchange your Futaba servo. They would not replace a bab Futabareciever pack. In fact I had a hard time getting them to send it back...without a $26 charge. I have not bought from them since. Thats what you get from doing business with them for over 25 years......a kick in the $ss
Old 06-20-2011, 05:24 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 343 Likes on 274 Posts

ORIGINAL: 3D pro1981

You might not be meaning to but why do you have to sound like your being short with your answer maybe he didnt think about the unit being bad.
Here's to hoping he got the issue solved in the 4 years since his post