Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CMPRO CHIPMUNK as a first low wing model

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CMPRO CHIPMUNK as a first low wing model

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:34 PM
emeraude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CMPRO CHIPMUNK as a first low wing model

Hi Guys!! can any one guide me about the flight characteristics of Cmpro Chipmunk , is it fogiving enough to be a first low winger ?, I have been flying a Superstar 40 with a .46La for about an year now and lately a .25 sized advanced trainer.Saw one of these kits at my LHS and fell in love with it , i guess it'll be an ideal candidate for my O.s 46AX,the factors that i am concerned about the most are ground tracking and stall speed ,dont want anyhtnig that'll fall out of the sky if the engine quits.

Thanks

here is the link

[link]http://www.raidentech.com/sucharfnirec.html[/link]
Old 02-07-2007, 01:52 PM
bassfisher
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: CMPRO CHIPMUNK as a first low wing model

IMO , the Chipmunk (no matter who makes it) is not a good 1st low wing plane. The Chipmunk is not a forgiving airplane, and really requires a lot of experience to fly successfully. There are many low wing planes that are excellent, the Carl Goldberg Tiger 2, Great Planes Super Sportster, H9 PTS P-51,and especially the Sig 4-Star Forty. Having flown all of them, I would start with the 4-Star Forty with your .46. The plane is somewhat forgiving and you rarely hear or see anything negative about it. It has been around for many years and should stay in production for years to come. It can be set up gently and then as you progress, the throws can be inceased to become a very aerobatic plane.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:08 PM
Norm Nestie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been flying for 5 yrs and just finished assembling a CMPro Chipmunk. Have had 4*'s, Tiger 2's and Seagull spacewalkers and Extra 300S. IMHO the Chipmunk with it's tapered wing will be sonmething to be c oncerned about. Unexpected snap rolls scare the hek out of meso I'll be really extra cautious in the early going with the Chipmunk. IMO a Tiger 2 makes a great first low wing, vwery stable but also very capable.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:21 PM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chipmunks are really nice to fly. I got the WM one and I love it. It is not a plane that tip stalls easily but neither will it be as forgiving as your usual low wing trainers. Its going to be nerve wrecking for a newbie when you got a dead stick.

I would say go with a low wing trainer ... get something like the Phoenix Scanner, flies really well and its super cheap. After you have trashed the heck out of the plane then go with the Chippie. I still love Super Chipmunks, they are really pretty ...