Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

New Kadet Senior almost ready

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

New Kadet Senior almost ready

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 05:53 PM
wilinfla
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Kadet Senior almost ready

I have been working on my replacement Kadet Senior this weekend. I lost my last one a year ago and decided it was just too good of an airplane not to buy another one. I have it a tad bit overpowered with a Magnum 91 4 stroke! My last one had a 65 2 stroke and it would almost hover, I think I will have to use throttle management on this one. I had forgotten how well built this ARF is, it should come with a taildragger option, I think it looks natural that way.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61996.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	669345   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id96914.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	669346   Click image for larger version

Name:	Di11029.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	118.5 KB
ID:	669347  
Old 04-21-2007, 07:06 PM
cruzomatic
My Feedback: (17)

Default RE: New Kadet Senior almost ready

Nice plane. Wow, with that Mag 91RFS she should fly nicely at idle. Best of luck,,,,,great plane. Keep us posted,,

Old 04-21-2007, 07:25 PM
wilinfla

Thanks, this is just one of those models that is just fun to fly. It can make a bad pilot look good! I had the 91 just sitting around collecting dust so I decided to try it. It actually fits well, this is a big plane. My last one needed additional weight to balance with a 2 stroke. I don't think I will need any weight to make this one balance. Work will keep me from flying it for a couple of weeks, the only problem may be getting the 91 to idle low enough to allow it to land.......

Will
Old 04-22-2007, 08:28 AM
TCrafty

I've got a Kadet with an OS 91 in it and love it. Mine is from a kit and flies great. We also built another wing without so much dihedral so it will go belly up easier. Now I really love it. There was a guy at our field who had a Senior with two Saito 50s on the wing, I may try something like that before it's all said and done. You'll love the way it flies. I've got a 15X8 MAS prop on mine and it flies two clicks up from idle and will hover at a little over half throttle. It looks and sounds so scale when the engine isn't cranking out a zillion rpm.

Name:	Fd91588.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	669780  
Old 04-22-2007, 11:40 AM
wilinfla

TCrafty,

Nice plane, I'm glad to hear that others have used larger engines on the Kadet. I am looking forward to it's performance with the .91 4 stroke on it. I really enjoyed my last one, I think this one will be even better with a 4 stroke. I am still amazed at the quality of this ARF, SIG has done a great job with it. I usually build from kits, but I'm not sure if I could build one as nice as this. I am thinking of even doing flaperons on it to see how slow it can fly. My last one would just stop in mid air with a little wind, it was fun with a steady wind down the runway.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:14 PM
happypappy
My Feedback: (10)

Mine with a Saito .72 will flutter the ailerons in a heartbeat with that engine so I went down to a Saito .56 and still have plenty of power to fly it on floats and as a taildragger off of grass. That .91 sure wont get much of a work-out!
Old 05-11-2007, 01:21 AM
romeln

how did you mount the 72?
Old 05-11-2007, 07:44 PM
L48

You'll love the 91 4/stroke on the Kadet. I have a Kadet kit , built it about eight years ago and installed a OS-91 4/stroke on it. Took all the dihedral out of it ,made it a tail-dragger and installed flying wires on the tail to keep it together. It has all the power you need to do some slow lazy 3D stuff. Hovering is easy, throttle up and it flyes fast with out any problems. Since this picture I have installed some large Cub wheels, looks better with the fat wheels. A lot of fun to land at a crawl on the mains and run down the runway and keep the tail up.

Name:	Sq48339.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	129.7 KB
ID:	682468