Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 F-22 Craptor

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hanger 9 F-22 Craptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 10:59 AM
russm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hanger 9 F-22 Craptor

you can ask for more. they should have reimbursed you for shiping.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:26 AM
Tennwalker41-delete
My Feedback: (15)

That just goes to show u that the big companies dont need us little peoples dollars any more. IN all fairness the litttle plane is built well and flies well its just not a trainer and is wayyy underpowered. Matter of fact i had a new OS46AX enroute when mine went down. It just wouldnt climb i tried to level it off to let it pick up speed then climb just didnt have the power. The people that answer the phones for tech service seems like r preprogrammed to tell u to send it in. I had one tell me my choke was defective lol. HOw can a simple choke butterfly b defective? Hangar 9 builds a good airplane but wont admit to makin a mistake. I own a Twist 150, Extra 260 and they r built tough and light. Noone is perfect and at the price they charge for thier products something needs to happen a little on the job training perhaps. Seems like they think we dont have any other choices. UH HUH i have a new SD Yak 30% on the way now.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:58 PM
2HI2C

What do you think they should give you a 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:26 PM
Tennwalker41-delete
My Feedback: (15)

Nope dont need no warranty. Dont have to get up and go to work on Monday either like some others that have to buy one servo at a time [Hve u even seeen one let alone owned one or flown one i doubt it. ]I am sayin goodbye to all the smartasses on this thread. THere is a problem with these planes and its called power face it get over it move on.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:59 PM
2HI2C

ORIGINAL: Tennwalker41

Nope dont need no warranty. Dont have to get up and go to work on Monday either like some others that have to buy one servo at a time [

What ?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:49 PM
calachie

quote]ORIGINAL: Tennwalker41

I got to fly mine on Tuesday . Had 6 flights on it. I learned on a Nexstar and this plane flies 10 times better. It is very smooth. I put the flaps at half to begin with and flew it for about 2 minutes to get the feel then landed and put them up. It could use a touch more power. It is very well built. Everything is under a 2 hatches that have springs on them. TO access just pull the lever back and lift it out. I Had some time so i put servos on the flaps to make them movable with a switch. With the flaps all the way up it will float forever and glides as well as my Giant Ucando. ITs a tad fast landing but i had my idle up sorta thats y i put the flaps on a switch. Gonna sell someone else the radio and reciever out of it i dont really like JR equipment. My 9C will do a lot more. I would say anyone who likes to relax will enjoy flying this plane. With the flaps up and the wing droops on it doesnt have a problem makin around 40 to 50 mph. IT will fly very slow if u like. Gonna take off the droops this week and let it roll. I Like it.
[/quote]

Some people hate everything if its not what they like. I have one and it flies great and i love it. Almost as much as my Great Planes Ultimate 160 and my Giant Ucando lol.

Looks to me like someone is running with the pack.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:36 PM
DR.B.S.

Heli-Rod, Tennwalker 2 dam good points. You both hit the nail on the head!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-02-2007, 08:41 PM
DR.B.S.

ORIGINAL: 2HI2C

What do you think they should give you a 3 yr 36,000 mile warranty.

How about just the truth?

DR. BS.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:47 PM
Wingspam

Well lots to read under this post about this little plane. I recently bought the ARF version equiped it with an OS 46ax(that was laying around) using a 11x6 prop. This motor has about 60 flights under its belt and runs very strong. I now have 4 flights on this plane and now wishing I had installed a larger engine.

As far as its flying characteristics its a bit slow(with this motor) but overall flies pretty well. I fly off grass and its a handful to get in in the air due to its long run off. I never attached the droops or even bothered using the 3 bladed prop supplied with it. Just went with what I knew to work for some of my other craft. It lands HOT, alot faster than what I am used to. I installed full flaps, just not used to using them.

Great looking plane, nice flyer but I would not recommend it to an unskilled pilot.. Just my thought on the matter..

Old 06-03-2007, 01:11 AM
russm

this plane is really a 60 size, not a 40.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:42 AM
calachie

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...article_id=839
Old 06-05-2007, 07:42 PM
dragraces
My Feedback: (2)

Hey Gofastz let me know if that F22 runs any faster or better i was thinking going with a 46ax
i put a 46la in it and flew sunday what a pig lots of groundspeed required 2 take off and it sinks like a rock the BOBCAT is a hell of a lot more fun with a 46fx and 11x 7 apc i would like 2 get retract version of BOBCAT and start from scratch again mine flies great just dont look as pretty as the day i got it hehe!!

I Really cant find anything good to say about the raptor other than it looks good and was easy 2 assemble its a pig needs more power which means more weight wich means more trouble i would not recomend this as a trainer its tougher 2 fly than the BOBCAT which is really a peice of cake once you get used to the speed

Thx

Jason
Old 06-05-2007, 08:34 PM
russm

a 40la,your kidding, riht?
Old 06-06-2007, 08:09 AM
dragraces

Well a 46 la but close
Old 06-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Trollmaster

As usual there is someone who wants to blame the customer the one who pays their bills. Before u attack someones abilities to fly and handle an airplane maybe u should fly with them to see whether they can handle an airplane better than u. Goin to unsubscribe to this topic as that one expert at everything person has surfaced again.
Here I ammmm!

The Craptor is not a trainer for a first time pilot. More like a trainer for those looking to go down the speed road. What makes you feel the customer service people should be proficient in the whole thing? They're there to get you what you want. If you want to know how it works , you need to find somebody else. Besides, half the guys here don't listen to us , go ahead anyways, screw up, come back here and complain and expect sympathy.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:07 PM
DR.B.S.

ORIGINAL: Trollmaster

[/quote]

Here I ammmm!

The Craptor is not a trainer for a first time pilot. More like a trainer for those looking to go down the speed road. What makes you feel the customer service people should be proficient in the whole thing? They're there to get you what you want. If you want to know how it works , you need to find somebody else. Besides, half the guys here don't listen to us , go ahead anyways, screw up, come back here and complain and expect sympathy.

Yes Trollmaster you rock. I must say that I have been logging a lot of flights on my Craptor, lol. Yes I am the idiot that started this whole messy thing. I have been flying this plane at my local field, that is being cut like a putting green. I am using the original Evolution engine it came with. I do swing an 11 x 5 prop on it though.
It's take off's are variable. In a strong wind she jets right up there. With little or no wind it takes up the whole, almost quarter mile runway. I enjoy flying it at 3/4 to full throttle with 0% on the exponential. But no means is this a progressive training system. Again I do enjoy this plane. I am the vice president of our flying club and we have training night at our field on Monday night's. One of our instructor's is a very prominent flight instructor. He has been in many of the magazine's and has had many article's published about him. He has been teaching for over 35 years and has developed his own brand of fight instruction. One club in Canada put an article in about him calling him the airplane whisperer. Another words he is dam good. He helped me with this plane and after a whole lot of tweaking from nose to tail to radio to engine it finally flies well. But by no means is it any kind of trainer.
I was flying this plane on Monday night when the new students were standing in line for instruction and I asked this instructor if he would like to exercise this plane as it is billed PTS. He did, although the students flew well under his instruction, they all agreed this is not anything to learn on and then they went to the Eagle and smoothed things down, The Eagle Training System, lol.The whole problem with this plane is it hit the market with all the wrong research and development. Yes it should have had a .60. Yes it should not have been coined PTS. Yes the instructions were wrong, it needs nose wait because of the quick tip stall without it. Other than all that in the end it ain't to bad. I just don't like being mislead and I really detest the fact that the new person struggle's to the point they usually stop and go no further. I guess as long as the sale is made the boy's from Brazil are Kosher.
Try flying one of those Fire bird freedoms with the anti-crash technology. You will have a blast. Especially if a new student brings one out to the field thinking there going to fly it out of the box, lol. With all these airplanes that are on the market to get the new person/customer to fly right away, they will never get away from the fact that a new person still needs a hands on flight instructor.[X(]
Old 06-06-2007, 10:30 PM
Trollmaster

I would like to see one of those things on TV. I forgot the name of it but it goes on land , water and somehow flys. Looks like it will kill anyone or anything in its path. Great first plane!. Kind of like being at a field when a Dominator or some Q500 gos wacko. Were all diving, ducking or bobing and weaving out of the way like a cheap prize fight!
Old 06-06-2007, 10:37 PM
octane-link

OK, I have read about everything I can on this airplane, and opinions are across the board.

Bottom line though, can I learn to fly this plane with a qualified instructor? By no means do I plan on soloing my first flight, but I want to fly this plane for a while, and learn with instructor help.
Old 06-07-2007, 03:16 AM
Kostas1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any videos?
Did the f22 with the OS 91FX fly good?Any pics videos?
To see it performing?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:19 PM
gofastz

I'm out of town and plan to fly the Raptor Saturday or Sunday....Will be sure to include some pics of the event.....I cut down a 14/10 apc and got almost 11000rpm on the ground during tests....The 91 ran SUPER!!!!! It was easy to install and if you can believe it used the original motor mount....Of course, I had to modify it.....Did the updated support for the nose section as it came with the ARF...It was added to it......Hope its enough to handle the added weight......I got the idea to cut down the bigger prop other than going with say a 12/10 apc from Dub Jett's web sight....Gofastz
Old 06-11-2007, 08:26 PM
BCarter

ORIGINAL: DR.B.S.

PS,
I will say one thing about Black Horse Models. I spoke with the owner, George Elias and he flies everything he sell's. That is why he put's out a far superior product and I will continue to buy from him. Even if I have to stoop to buying and ARF. I just wish he had a bigger product line and put out kit's. Come on George expand your line and give us some kit's. I prefer Nitro.

Before you go singing the praises of Black horses models you should see my review of their spitfire here:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_30...tm.htm#4815187

At least hanger nine has gone above and beyond in my opinion to correct problems that I encountered with the Mustang PTS. Black Horse on the other have never even sent a reply to me after several attempts to contact them. I would would black horse well below hanger 9 any day.

My 2 cents.

Old 06-11-2007, 09:10 PM
dragraces

Ok I put an 46 fx in the raptor made a huge difference this motor is old reliable had it a couple of years anyway this plane is actualy pretty fast it still sinks like a rock but once mastered it lands pretty good it runs out of elevator quick so just come in a little hot and its fine i still say not for a beginner but i havent put the wing ext on or the 3 blade prop nor will I

Gofastz let us know how the 91fx works out i bet it hauls butt!!

Thx

Jason
Old 06-12-2007, 07:38 AM
DR.B.S.

Well BCarter before you start singing praises about Hanger 9 maybe you should read this entire thread. This is just 1 plane. Over the last 3 weeks I have been hearing horror stories about "hanger 9's" customer service. One guy at the field dumped his raptor because he followed the instruction's to the "T". Guess what? it was to tail heavy even though he balanced it like the Hanger 9 instructions said to.
All the customer service rep said was he flew several of them out of the box, then he back peddled and said they have people that flew several of them out of the box. Well which is it? He could not get a straight answer from the guy so he transferred him to the people that are specifically answering calls about this plane and was told everything the last person told him word for word. I guess there reading from the same sheet.
All these companies have flaws but Hanger 9 is vastly growing into a company that is out and out lying to the consumer and after a while it will catch up with them and I have the time to wait to see if they will change some things or continue down their path. I hope they change some things because they do put out a nice selection. But this out of the box B.S. for some of their planes is an out and out lie that not only me but many other's have experienced first hand. Those of us that have no vested interest in Horizon Hobby that is.
I still stand behind Black Horse models. They put out a quality product also. I still fly my Spitfire after 2 years and have no problems with it. Of course I didn't modify it in any way and blame the them for my mistakes either.
Take one of those Firebird's with anti-crash technology out to your field. Out of the box. Have a new person try to fly it, out of the box. See what happen's. I did several times, I know what happens. It aint pretty. Call customer service, see what they tell you, it aint right. I know there are a lot of unhappy people at the fields around here. Of course I can only testify for what I am experiencing here. Maybe there just sending all the junk to NY. and the rest of the country is getting the good stuff ????????

Happy landings,
The Doc
Old 06-12-2007, 08:37 AM
ag4ever

ORIGINAL: octane-link

OK, I have read about everything I can on this airplane, and opinions are across the board.

Bottom line though, can I learn to fly this plane with a qualified instructor? By no means do I plan on soloing my first flight, but I want to fly this plane for a while, and learn with instructor help.

I have seen one person sucesfully train on this plane, but he is a sergon, so he naturally has good hand eye coordination.

Any good instructor should be able to train you on it, they decrease the throws and keep you high enough so they can recover for your mistakes.

Once you are better, they can increase the throws and you can progress.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Trollmaster

ORIGINAL: gofastz

I'm out of town and plan to fly the Raptor Saturday or Sunday....Will be sure to include some pics of the event.....I cut down a 14/10 apc and got almost 11000rpm on the ground during tests....The 91 ran SUPER!!!!! It was easy to install and if you can believe it used the original motor mount....Of course, I had to modify it.....Did the updated support for the nose section as it came with the ARF...It was added to it......Hope its enough to handle the added weight......I got the idea to cut down the bigger prop other than going with say a 12/10 apc from Dub Jett's web sight....Gofastz

So, how'd it go?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.