Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

need help on a arf 3d for a Evolution 1.00 nx

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

need help on a arf 3d for a Evolution 1.00 nx

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 07:50 AM
carlross

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help on a arf 3d for a Evolution 1.00 nx

I have a Evolution 1.00 nx that i had in a Hanger 9 twist 60 arf and it rip the fire wall out of it now it needs a new home may it R.I.P so i need help with the next 3D arf combo for this motor so with is best to Buy.

Thank you for all the help you can give me
Carl
Old 12-20-2007, 06:30 PM
w4stp

Default RE: need help on a arf 3d for a Evolution 1.00 nx

Carl
Have you given any thought to the Hanger 9 Funtana X-100 ? it's a nice 3D bird!
Old 12-20-2007, 06:43 PM
2HI2C

carlross

How is your Evolution 1.00 running ? Any trouble with it ? Just curious.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:05 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: 2HI2C

How is your Evolution 1.00 running ? Any trouble with it ? Just curious.
Heh, or can it run reliably?
Old 12-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Ernie Misner

In the new issue of MAN, they put the Evo 100 in a Frenzy..... and love it!

Ernie
Old 12-21-2007, 04:50 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: Ernie Misner

In the new issue of MAN, they put the Evo 100 in a Frenzy..... and love it!

Ernie
I have no love for my Evolution 1.00NX ( Evo? Did you mean Evolution? ).

Old 12-21-2007, 05:46 PM
2HI2C

If you can't LOVE your Evolution you need to give it to someone who will.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Ernie Misner

opjose, I don't have the Evo 100 (Evolution) but was wondering what is wrong with them.

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 12-30-2007, 11:03 PM
opjose

I've have had great success with my PTS, and .46 Evolution engines, especially after removing those @$!#$ limiters.

The NX 1.00 has been a nightmare for me.

I've never been able to get this engine to run reliably for any length of time.

I've gotten quite good at getting engines tuned up, rebuilt, check out, etc., so much so that I am frequently sought out for aid with problematic engines, as I can typically get them running well...

Not so with the NX 1.00.

Pump, replacement tanks, header tanks, replacement carbs, stiffner springs, new heads, longer plugs, etc. etc. etc... the NX 1.00 has been a "deadstick king" for me.

Next time I consider an Evolution in this range, I'll go with the GMS 1.20 instead... much cheaper, reliable and more powerful.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:08 PM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: opjose

I've have had great success with my PTS, and .46 Evolution engines, especially after removing those @$!#$ limiters.

I've gotten quite good at getting engines tuned up, rebuilt, check out, etc., so much so that I am frequently sought out for aid with problematic engines, as I can typically get them running well...

Not so with the NX 1.00.

Pump, replacement tanks, header tanks, replacement carbs, stiffner springs, new heads, longer plugs, etc. etc. etc... the NX 1.00 has been a "deadstick king" for me.

Next time I consider an Evolution in this range, I'll go with the GMS 1.20 instead... much cheaper, reliable and more powerful.

The Evolution NX 1.00 is A LEMON!!! I'v had one...the last one I'll ever own...and it left a bad taste in my mouth about the Evolution brand name. I speak at length about this engine (basically trash it[>:]) on another thread. The glow plug that came with it would not keep the engine running for more than 10 seconds so I switched to an O.S. F plug. Then I had to remove the needle limiters after they were supposed to be 'factory set'. Then after about 50+ deadsticks in my H9 Funtana 90, the carb fell off in flight. After finding the carb and bolting it on again, the engine ran worse than ever. It sits on the shelf now and would be the very last choice of engine I would use for anything. Period. Want to practice deadsticking your model airplane? Bolt this bad boy on and go at it.
Old 01-01-2008, 10:07 PM
opjose

ORIGINAL: outacontrol41

The Evolution NX 1.00 is A LEMON!!! I'v had one...the last one I'll ever own...and it left a bad taste in my mouth about the Evolution brand name. I speak at length about this engine (basically trash it[>:]) on another thread. The glow plug that came with it would not keep the engine running for more than 10 seconds so I switched to an O.S. F plug. Then I had to remove the needle limiters after they were supposed to be 'factory set'. Then after about 50+ deadsticks in my H9 Funtana 90, the carb fell off in flight. After finding the carb and bolting it on again, the engine ran worse than ever. It sits on the shelf now and would be the very last choice of engine I would use for anything. Period. Want to practice deadsticking your model airplane? Bolt this bad boy on and go at it.
Sounds like you've been where I have been too, down to the same plane...

Old 01-01-2008, 11:46 PM
halfinchwrench

Hi friend, Lets examine these problems and the engine and find a "reason" for why it does not work for you. Mabey it's a matter of choice in engines? Mabey you live in a high elevation that this 1.00 Evo doesnt not care for? I personally hate O.S engines. I own 4 of those and have now 3 Evo's including the 1.00NX. I have 4 flights on it with a Seagull Extra 260 and had a dead stick on maiden flight!! Real bummer but the plane is A OK and it turns out that this engine gets a bit hot inside the cowl. I blocked one side of the cowl so air rushed in more around the head to cool it. Never had a problem since.

BTW; advice to anyone considering any Evo needs to make sure the carb screws are secure.... been there done that.

ORIGINAL: outacontrol41

ORIGINAL: opjose

Not so with the NX 1.00.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:53 AM
outacontrol41
My Feedback: (9)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

halfinchwrench,
yes...so true. I made a bad choice in engines when I chose to use the Evolution NX 1.00 in my model aircraft. A real bad choice. I've examined the problem with this engine along with many other people that have attempted to use it and have concluded beyond a reasonable doubt that this engine was built in a sub-standard fashion resulting in a small percentege ( with all due respect, halfinchwrench, that's you) claiming satisfaction with it's use while a larger percentage of us feel we wasted our money buying it. That's about as nicely as I can put it.
Determined not to let this little engine lick an old engine pro like myself, I've attempted using various fuels, various glow plugs with different heat ranges...as well as different brands of glow plugs. I've tried numerous carb settings in attempt to match my elevation and environment. There is nothing I haven't tried. Now, this may help you understand why so many companies out there send recalls for their product. Either it was not built well and does not function properly or there is a danger that it soon it may completely fail.
Granted, when the engine did run...it was a powerhouse. But the time at the flightline trying to fix it far outweighed any flight time. After so many deadsticks the guys at my club started scratching their heads about me thinking I'm crazy to carry on with it. But I wised up.
Old 01-02-2008, 11:44 AM
opjose

ORIGINAL: halfinchwrench

Hi friend, Lets examine these problems and the engine and find a "reason" for why it does not work for you. Mabey it's a matter of choice in engines? Mabey you live in a high elevation that this 1.00 Evo doesnt not care for? I personally hate O.S engines. I own 4 of those and have now 3 Evo's including the 1.00NX. I have 4 flights on it with a Seagull Extra 260 and had a dead stick on maiden flight!! Real bummer but the plane is A OK and it turns out that this engine gets a bit hot inside the cowl. I blocked one side of the cowl so air rushed in more around the head to cool it. Never had a problem since.

BTW; advice to anyone considering any Evo needs to make sure the carb screws are secure.... been there done that.
Nah, it's just a flakey engine.

I've been through the debugging and have practically replaced everything on this engine, carb, head, fuel system.

Even running it w/o a cowl it's been a dog, a very bad dog....

Old 01-02-2008, 06:25 PM
halfinchwrench

Wow, I just checked out the GMS 1.20, Not a bad price at all for a ringed BB motor, even though the muffler is not included. Though it is surprisingly heavy.
Old 01-03-2008, 10:49 PM
opjose

GMS Weight:26oz Horsepower: 3.3BHP @ 13,000 RPM $129.99
OS 1.20 AX Weight: 23oz Horsepower: 3.1BHP @ 9000 RPM $234.99
SuperTigre G2300 Weight: 31oz Horsepower: 3.7 BHP @ 12,600 RPM $149.00

About a 3oz difference.