Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

*New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

*New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 02:57 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

My Frenzy is about 95% done. I should finish it up tomorrow morning and get the maiden in Sunday. I have built quite a few ARFs and a few kits and this is about the easiest one yet. It goes together easy enough and anyone that's built any ARF's at all should be able to breeze through this one. It's all pretty straight forward with the exception of a few places that I deviated from the instructions to make it more to my liking. I'm looking forward to flying it and suspect that it flies fairly similar to the U Can Do's. We'll see. Should be fun. [8D]
Old 03-14-2008, 09:01 PM
kid chuckles

Rclement I have probabaly 60 flights on my Frenzy bent the landing gear once but it was after it landed i turned to hard and bent it. Other than that it has held up great. This plane is my favorite as it is just so easy to fly, land and trick. I did notice TODAY that my wing is seperating were the two halves are joined. At the leading edge side. I have had to iron down the seams on the mono. a time or two. That is about it. Oh my tail wheel wire broke at a bend. Just reinstalled it in the rudder right agains were it broke made some pretty good notches in it them drilled a 1/16 hole and put lots of epoxy in the hole and inserted the tail wheel. I fly this plane almost every weekend and sometimes a couple days during the week. As I said have probably 60 more like 80 or so flights on her. And it gets prettier looking everytime you land it. The graphics that come with it are cool also to me it is a very nice looking plane.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:00 AM
juice90

What size props are the guys running 120 size engines useing?? I am thinking big diameter and low pitch.

And what servos are you guys all useing??? regular ones or higher torque ones? Instructions recomend digital hi torque for the elevators but reg ones for the ailerons. The digital hi torques are 72 oz and reg are 47 oz. ( jr) I use hi tec equipment and standard servo puts out 51 oz @ 6 volt. Seems odd to me that with the ailerons so big, that standard size is ok for them but not the elevator.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:40 AM
rgoldy

Putting 645's on mine-can't really justify digitals (although this may be a good place to try those new Tower or Hobbico's)
Old 03-16-2008, 10:32 PM
grandad1
My Feedback: (22)

Hi guys I have JR 126's on mine with A 125 Saito and A 16/6 APC prop.No problem so far hope this helps.

Joe
Old 03-16-2008, 11:08 PM
juice90

grandad.. what are the jr 126 servos? I tried looking that number up on greathobbies and can't find them. Just seems weird to me that h9 would use hi torque on the elevator only and not on the ailerons.Maybe I'll just order up the hitec 635s with 83 oz torque. Not too badly priced.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:01 AM
grandad1

The JR 126 is A hi torque it is 126 oz metal gear serveo.It is JR126MG hi torque I use them in all my big planes and have had no problem out of any of them.Hope this help.

joe
Old 03-17-2008, 07:25 AM
rclement

Well, I got a chance to maiden my Frenzy on Sunday. It was very windy out and I didn't think I was going to get a chance to fly it but finally found a calm in the winds and took it up. I rolled out onto the runway and took off and didn't even have to adjust the trims. It flies spectacular and the other guys there liked it too. I was kind of hesitant to get one but I like it now. Compared to the U Can Do 60 it seems a little bit snappier. I put it through the regular stuff that I can do with a plane and it was capable of it. I think this is going to be a real fun plane to fly and I like that the wing is a little bit shorter than the 60 Do wing so it fits in my truck easier. Nice plane. [8D]
Old 03-18-2008, 05:36 AM
kid chuckles

That is what i liked so much from the start. I had to do nothing it took off and flew level and was balanced from the get go. Most planes you end up adjusting the trims and moving the batt. to get the optimum flying down, but the Frenzy was right from the start. I was very inexperienced when i first got mine and it gave me alot of confidence. You can fly it slow or it will haul the mail also.
Grandad had a wing problem that gave him some problems from the start, but i think they sent him a new wing and now his flys good also. He can't fly very well but this plane makes even him look good. J/K Grandad. Hope to fly with you before long. I can't believe i have not had an incident with this plane as i seem to with all of them at one time or another. Had a couple close calls but was able to save myself thank GOD.
I am using the reccomended setup on servos and a APC 16X8. Happy flying.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:48 AM
Barry Cazier
My Feedback: (17)

rclement...
Congratulations on getting that Frenzy up in the air. Sounds like a winner to me. I may have to try one of these.
What engine are you running? What did your weight come out to be? Does it fly pretty similar to the UCDs?
I love the look of the thing. I'll probably end up getting one just for the fun of it.

thanks
Barry
Old 03-19-2008, 11:16 AM
rclement

ORIGINAL: Barry Cazier

rclement...
Congratulations on getting that Frenzy up in the air. Sounds like a winner to me. I may have to try one of these.
What engine are you running? What did your weight come out to be? Does it fly pretty similar to the UCDs?
I love the look of the thing. I'll probably end up getting one just for the fun of it.

thanks
Barry
Hi Barry, Well, I only have two flights on it but compared to the 46 and 60 Do's it seemed a little snappier. I'm hoping to get to fly it again today so I'll have more to post about it then but I like it. One thing that's nice is that the wing is a little shorter than the 60 Do so it fits on the back seat of my truck easier. I haven't weighed it yet so I'll have to do that and let you know. I installed a Saito 125 in it and thought that maybe it's too much for it but after flying I've found that it's not too much engine. I think that a Saito 100 would fly it too. It's a really nice building plane and has newer features than the Do's. The control horn locations are predrilled, the canopy is tinted and pretrimmed. There's a cover just aft of the cowl so it's real handy to access the tank area. It's a very nice plane that seems to be underrated so far. I like it. [8D] [X(]
Old 03-19-2008, 01:10 PM
rclement

Here's a video from youtube that I found of someone's Frenzy.......[link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqaW5a_wiE]Dave's Frenzy[/link]
Old 03-20-2008, 09:10 AM
juice90

Well that video was impressive. I had removed the stripes from the bottom of the wing, as it looked rather "plain" to me.. but after seeing that video, i just might have to put em back on... wow they show up good.

RE video... Amendment to the 10 comandmants... number 11.. " try not to C**T thy self" when performing maneuvers low to the ground [X(][:-]
Old 03-21-2008, 07:47 AM
juice90

Well, I have been working on this plane and I must say, I am rather disapointed with this one.Aside from the damage on the wing, I realized last night that the pushrods are missing. All of them. I am also disapointed with the instruction manual. It seems rather vague on some of the details.

I was installing the fuel tank last night, and in the package containing the tank, it had 2 zip ties. Presumably to hold the tank in place, but I couldn't find any referance to the zip ties in the instructions.

I do hope this flies better than its assembly has been going so far [sm=angry.gif]
Old 03-25-2008, 06:56 PM
rgoldy

I got the BME/Super Tigre gas engine in this and fired it up tonite-WOW!! It howls. I don't have a tach but it is 10K plus with a 14-6 and after running it for about 10 min I was still able to touch the fins and crankcase with my hand for a good 2 secs so I can't believe it to be hot. Get this-dry weight--7 1/2# (and I only need an 8 oz tank for 20 min of flying). This is going to be fun but we are still 3-4 weeks away from being able to fly here. One bad thing is I jumped the gun a little and should have let the pilots head dry a little longer-he's flopping around in there. Maybe that's fitting.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:35 AM
grandad1

Hi rgoldy can you send me A link too where I can check out the BME/Supper Tiger gas motor?I would like too get one of them and try it here in Oklahoma thanks Joe.

Joe
Old 03-26-2008, 11:09 AM
rclement

ORIGINAL: juice90

Well, I have been working on this plane and I must say, I am rather disapointed with this one.Aside from the damage on the wing, I realized last night that the pushrods are missing. All of them. I am also disapointed with the instruction manual. It seems rather vague on some of the details.

I was installing the fuel tank last night, and in the package containing the tank, it had 2 zip ties. Presumably to hold the tank in place, but I couldn't find any referance to the zip ties in the instructions.

I do hope this flies better than its assembly has been going so far [sm=angry.gif]
Sorry about the way your build is going. There should have been control rods in the kit but if you don't mind adding a little expense to it I would make you own. That's what I'm going to do with mine. I don't usually use the stock ones anyway. About the zip ties, I didn't use them either. I just put the tank it and added foam all around it to secure it in. The foam will protect the tank better anyway. It sounds like you haven't built very many ARF's. I've found that with most ARF's the instructions are more like guide lines than anything else. I usually defiate from them since I know what I want to end up with and the manufacture's don't. Sometimes I wonder if they even build or fly what they produce. On the other hand though, this plane flies great. I like it better than the U Can Do 60 that I had.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:08 PM
rgoldy

Granddad-here is the link: http://www.bmeengine.com/html/point90.htm

I guess BME has/is going thru a buyout and relocation but maybe they are back on their feet. What I did was put a BME search on ebay and if you want it-act quick! Guy in the club got one of his off of the buy and sell section here.
Good luck!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 PM
R/C Foolish
My Feedback: (6)

If you need instructions to put this ARF together, well I have nothing to say. Hangar 9 has hit a high mark of excellence with this plane. I have been pushing the limits with this one, actually I am on my 3rd Frenzy already. I have been practicing touching the tail, harriers, flat inverted spins, everything I want to do with my Comp Arf Extra 330 but won't attempt until I can do it with my eyes closed. With the Frenzy you can have this plane together in a matter of hours. Flys great with Saito 125 running a APC 15x4w prop.

R/C Foolish
Old 03-26-2008, 09:24 PM
grandad1

Thanks rgoldy.
Old 03-26-2008, 10:45 PM
juice90

hi rclement. I have built a few. Includeing hanger 9 stuff. Just disapointed with this one in particular. I added the foam and did away with the zip ties. And a few other minor mods.. and I sorta had no choice re the pushrods.I don't entirerly blame h9 for the problems, at least damage wise anyways.And I'll be havein a lil chat with the hobby shop owner next time I see him. And if i buy another kit from there, i'll be makein sure things are where they should be and that its all there too. Al in all, i can't complain too much, the price was cheaper than my reg supplier by 15 bucks. But from what I have read so far, seems to be an exellent flyer, so we shall see.

I have a thread posted on RC canada, and I am surprised that no one has seemingly built and flown this plane up here yet. My buddy insists that its just too ugly of a plane to have..... and I just tell him he's jellous cuz i'm the first to own one [:-]
Old 03-27-2008, 08:07 AM
grandad1

Hi rgoldy I looked at the site of the Supper Tiger 90 and like the looks.but it don't tell me what size prop that it will turn.I know you have one so could you tell me if it will turn A 14/6 three blad and pull my Corsair 60 H9?If it will i'll order me one thanks Joe.

Joe
Old 03-27-2008, 09:59 AM
rclement

ORIGINAL: juice90

hi rclement. I have built a few. Includeing hanger 9 stuff. Just disapointed with this one in particular. I added the foam and did away with the zip ties. And a few other minor mods.. and I sorta had no choice re the pushrods.I don't entirerly blame h9 for the problems, at least damage wise anyways.And I'll be havein a lil chat with the hobby shop owner next time I see him. And if i buy another kit from there, i'll be makein sure things are where they should be and that its all there too. Al in all, i can't complain too much, the price was cheaper than my reg supplier by 15 bucks. But from what I have read so far, seems to be an exellent flyer, so we shall see.

I have a thread posted on RC canada, and I am surprised that no one has seemingly built and flown this plane up here yet. My buddy insists that its just too ugly of a plane to have..... and I just tell him he's jellous cuz i'm the first to own one [:-]
Yeah, I've read from a few that they think it's too ugly. Hmmmmm ? I like it myself but then I fly profiles too and lots of people think they are ugly. Oh well ! A couple of the guys at the field were checking it out last weekend and seemed to like it. One of them said that he was interested in getting one but hadn't seen one in person so he wasn't sure if he should get one. He then said that after looking at mine he was definately going to get one. I have about 10-12 flights on mine now and I like it better than the 60 Do I had. It goes together easier and has nicer upgrades that the older designed Do's don't have. It flies great and the recommended Saito 125 power plant is a good match for it.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:05 AM
juice90

I got an enya 120 that I'm puttin in. Had a lil trouble gettin it in as the mounts are wider than a siato I think.

I don't do alot of 3d... yet, but I suspect that this will get some attention at the field. It does remind me alot of a lil plane called " The wild thing". That a buddy of mine built years back. It was a 40 size plane and would do all sorts of crazy things ( long before they called it 3d) lol.. i blew up the plans for that same plane and started building it, when the Frenzy came alone, so thats why I decided to go with the Frenzy and see how it performs.............
Old 03-27-2008, 12:45 PM
PA BEN

I didn't read all the post here so I though I'd jump ahead. I've been looking at this bird and thought a 26cc Gasser would do. Has anyone gone this big on this bird?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.