Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: *New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

I really have to think that this plane is geared towards electrics which I am just not ready to commit to yet. I have no idea but if you were to do that to this plane and it was to come in at 8# it might have a chance. I am not known for my gentle flying style and have been known to blow a wing or two but this one didn't take any time at all. For right now, lets chalk my wing up to an oversite on the glue-er's part. But, this plane is advertised as do-it-all so I tried. I really expected the tail to snap off, not the wing doing what I was doing (Actually the tail sorta kinda lived through the lawn dart experience). Must have been all that metal re-enforcing.
    Rich G
    \"Think of it as a REALLY expensive golf ball.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Grandad. Hope it works for the owner. Oh I have 2 brand new electric foam cubs sitting in my living room for the last 2 months that are bought and payed for. I put together for a guy who has yet to claim them. He must have lots of money but no time like this other guy Im building for some day he will get with me to pick them. He picked up the last two I repaired for him a couple weeks ago. Last I knew he wanted to pay me to teach him and his son to fly them.
    I Ain\'\'\'\'\'\'\'\'t Buildin No TuG Boats

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unclecrash you ask me about the battier i had in mine for those 125 servos! I have the Battier that came with my new 2.4 Raido and it is A 1200 4.8 vote,I have A 6 vote i was going too use but it was too much weight too Balance the plane the 4.8 was just right so i went with that.I am kinda like RGOLDY I'm not in too Electric yet eather.I will see how long i can fly with the 4.8 vote befor i have too recharge and let you'll know.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Cool keep me posted. Im curious how this one will balance. The guy Im building for will be intown tomorrow. He is supose to pick up the battery and the reciever. I have to wait till friday till the long servo arms get here. Im a bit worried he wants to use a 6 volt battery which is bulky and heavy like you said and I really dont want to have to make a rig to hold it in a new place. When I can velco it right to the battery tray up front.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unclecrash I was looking at your pictures and I didn't notice any hole for A remote starter for the glow plug, did I over look it?My Battire is in the foma that my receiver came in and part of my receiver is on top of that with A stick holding it all in.Work out good for me.I just thought I would ask about the remote.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Were going to try a long glow starter through the bottom and see how it works. There's a few guys I know who don't care for the remote starters. I saw why last weekend. We were trying to start a P51 and the darn thing was shorting out. It took 2 of us to get the plane to start.One to mess around with the starter, wiggle it and stuff while the other cranked it over.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey Guys,

I got to take mine up yesterday and it flew really well.

I have a Saito 125 GK in it with a 16x4 APC prop and it hovers around half throttle.

My GC needed about 40g in the tail at 6 inches from the trailing edge of the wing.

This model is probably not really for the hardcore 3d flyer but more for the person who wants to learn some 3d in a relaxed state, because the model is predictable, stable, easy to fly and stands out in the air..

I had alot of fun with it and would recommend it to anyone wanting a relaxed model to fly 3d...If that makes sense?[:-]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Here are the pictures, I put the battery right beneath my tank underneath the foam. My throttle servo is hooked up in the same place. You can see how my high speed valve sticks out of the cowl. You can also see my remote glow plug. Also a good pic of my trailer
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bz79577.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	779816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wr54946.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	779817   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ua70542.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	779818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ib82924.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	779819   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fw28300.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	54.3 KB 
ID:	779820  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vy48060.jpg 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	779821   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xw77913.jpg 
Size:	69.0 KB 
ID:	779822  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I love anyone that has a Giant Big Stik gasser-most under-rated setup going! I absolutely wring the snot out of mine and it keeps coming back for more. Takes far more abuse than the Frenzy. Looks like another one only a greaser in the back, convert it! My "pair" of wings went back to H9 today, will keep you guys updated.
    Rich G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rgoldy I have A 33 homelight in my stick I love,I can put full flaps into the wind at about 100 ft in the air and park it there for about 2 min.I have A 30 Homelight in my 120 FourStar but i have no flaps on it.I do have Smoke in both planes.The SuperStar you see in the frount of my trailer have A 120 Magmun in it I put A 26 gas in it too start with but it had A CG problem tooso I took it out and put the 120 in it.It has only been flow twice.I am putting together A 60 size Corsia and I have order A G26 Evolution for it.I too am starting too love Gasser.I have A 90 Mayhem with A 150 Saito in it that I am thinking about changing over too gas.I better quit talking about other plane on this thred befor someone get on too me later grandad.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Wow nice fleet you have there Grandad[8D]. Looks like your about in need of a larger trailer. LOL Frenzy looks real good. What brand of remote glow do you prefer. And how do you like them. If the Gentleman decides he wants one at least I will know what kind to get.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi Guys,

I spent some time tonight getting the cowling on my Frenzy. I thought I was going to have to cut it open for the flywheel, and add a beauty bump. But, with a little tweaking… I got it to fit. I still need to trim out my spinner. But the wife put the baby to bed, so I couldn’t run my rotary tool.

Here’s some pics.

Oh… Rgoldy… the last pic is for you. It’s my wild stick with a 25cc Toro. (sorry for the bad phone quality)

Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I realy don't know the brand name but any of then would do just fine i think.I have two planes that flys off water and I have only one of then one time and I'v had it for 2 years LOL.The other one has never been flow but it is ready.If you put A glow starter on there for him just make sure you get A good ground too the motor.I allways put my wire on top of the bolt m\next too the motor and not under the motor mount.A good ground is the key too the remote starter.Hope this helps grandad1.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dr Honda that looks good.Did you make the muffler?If so can you tell me how I can do one for my self?I have A 26 Toro and 2 Z-23 that I would like too have A muffler like that on.That muffler look like it would give it more speed and more pushing power.let me know if you made it or if I can buy it somewhere? thanks grandad1.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Modtec…

I couldn’t agree more. Thanks for the review.

Grandad1…

The muffler is something I threw together last week. It’s the tail end from an old Mac’s .40 sized tuned pipe. The flange is something I machined out to fit my engine. The Mitsubishi 19.8cc engine has a smaller exhaust port than the standard Koritz/Zenoah engines. Then I just welded it together. I own a very nice Miller Syncrowave 180… I just don’t have that much time welding aluminum. After doing that muffler… I realized, it’s not as easy as doing steel, and I need to practice.

If you want to do your own muffler… I could be persuaded to machine out a flange or two for the “Do-it-yourelf’ers” out there.

Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dr Honda I'll give that some thought but i too can't and don't have A way too weld Alum.I would have too get someone too do it for me.But you gave me an Idea that I can take too the machien shop.Thanks

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Grandad wondering if you had a chance to Maiden your Frenzy yet. Curious how the balance did at 5-5/8. The one I built is balancing without the wheel pants at about 5-1/2 0r so. He is supose to pick it up later tonight or Monday.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unclecrash I haven't got too yet the WIND has been blowing pertty hard here all week and is still going at about 20 too25 mph now.It will proble be A couple week now before i get too sorry.I realy want too fly it but I don't want too crash it on the maden because of wind,I will let you all know when I do maden it Grandad1.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi All,

Today I got to fly my frenzy again. But, this time I had the cowling, and spinner on. Since I’m using an aluminum spinner… I had to add 41g of weight to the tail to make it balance. But, I trimmed a little more aluminum off the engine, so… after throwing it on the scale… the flying weight now is 8 Lbs, 7oz. that’s still not too bad. That puts me at less than the middle of the recommended flying weight.

Anyway… This set of flights were not timid at all. I was doing spins, tight loops, stall turns, and hard snaps. The only thing I didn’t do was to put it into a full power dive, and yank it out. (Still have visions of the wing snapping in half) This model is allot of fun. Also… since I don’t have allot of $$$ into mine… the nervous factor goes away. The little gas engine is running perfect, and is predictable, and this model has NO bad habits. Landings with some wind are easy. Pull the power back, and hold a little elevator. It will settle down to the ground nice and gentile. Oh… and even with the extra weight… I can still hover it at about 80% throttle, And… its stable while doing it.

OK… with that said… I had a few mishaps today. (all minor) First… the head of my pilot popped off. (too many G’s) I just epoxyed the head on… For people building it… put a screw threw it. The second thing (after I landed and we were laughing about the head) one of my axles broke loose while taxiing back. The little weld at the back of the nut broke. No damage to the model… but it was an annoyance. (fixed at the field with silver solder, and a torch) But check your welds.

Hey Rgoldy… did you hear anything about your wing yet?
    Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

They got the pkg back to them on Thurs. Probably hear this week. Did you see these? http://www.unitedhobbies.com/UNITEDH...idProduct=5731

It is just getting amazing anymore....

Rich G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

WOW!!!!

But shipping from China will cost. But... even if it's $50 for shipping... that's $200 for a 26cc light weight engine.

Very tempting
    Tony

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dr Honda I was worried about the head popping off so I used a good size dowel epoxied in to the top and bottom. Then a piece of balsa under the shoulders for more area for the epoxy to grab, Then i drilled a hole through and epoxied the head through to the balsa. Good to hear yours is doing good. I tried balancing today without wheel pants needed 42 grams to get it at 6in from leading edge of wing. But once I put the pants on will need more weight. Im building it for a guy who has only flown a P51 trainer for a while so I think Im going to keep the balance at 6in. I really don't want to cut in to his plane to add the weight and then find he might want it changed so I think we will tape it on till he figures out how he likes it. Im worried about using the stick on ones on the outside and possibly falling off[X(]. I like to put them inside with epoxy.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Unclecrash where are you needing the weight too go?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

The reasin I ask was if you need it in the rear you can take out one of your servo and put it in there and then put your servo back and the weight will be inside.I had too add A little weight too the right wing so I peel the corver back and put it under the cover and hide it that way.Hope this helps.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I need it in the tail I was thinking on doing that pullin the servo it will take a bit more. I was hoping to put it all the way back just in front of the rudder. How much did you need in the wing to balance laterally. This one is 21Grams off but Im not opening it up if it were mine I would do it in a heart beat. Im going to give him the heads up on it could use some in the wing but unless he gives me the go ahead Im not opening it. Where did you put the weight in the wing on the balance point,but out on the wing tip of course.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast