Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: *New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

My want to look thru/post to this forum:
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_116/tt.htm
    Rich G
    \"Think of it as a REALLY expensive golf ball.\"

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I use the reversing y harness and everything seems to line up very well on both low and high rates. Have one on the Sundowner and this Frenzy. The plane flys great with the 125 on it. For the fella wanting to know about he 100 it would work well i would think. I have some ARF's that I used the lowest rated motor on and they fly well but are not what you want them to be. So have started using the highest rated motor now. When I maidened mine the wind had been blowing and it had been raining for several days and was in a hurry to get it up. Forgot to set CG and also forgot to remove ignitor from engine after i started it. But the plane flew straight and level with just a couple ticks or ail. The landing was smooth and I am not real experienced as you can tell. By the way i only had half of an ignitor when it landed the bottom half unscrewed itself during flight. But very good flying plane like a big Twist maybe.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi guys the wind was very little here in OKLAHOMA today so I got too madden my Frenzy.It left the ground at 1/2 throttle and turn up on its left side and then the fun was on!I had too give it A lot of right too get it too level and then it started too clime.I had a buddy there with me and he started triming it while I tryed too keep it level.I or we manage too get it back around the field and I landed it and checked it over. could not find anything wroung with our eyes.So I had one of or best flyer out there take it up and he trimed it some more and got it too fly level with hands off,I have about 1/4 of A inch of trim in the Ailron too the right.Have anyone else had this problem?I flew the bird A couple more times and it flew OK with it trimed that much.I let Another friend fly it and he put it in A flat spind A water fall and A Knife eadge and A power dive.I still have A plane too fly LOL ( BUT ) my two wind spacers on the frount of the wind worked off and fell in too the fuse.I didn't lose them but it made my wing lose so you'll might want too watch that on you'll plane.I am going too glue mine on too try too prevent it from happen again.Out side of all that the plane handle and flew good and landed with ease.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

If the trim is that far off you might have a lateral balance issue. You might also want to make sure your wing incidence is that same from wing half to wing half. Your tail feathers could also cause the problem but that would have to be pretty far off to cause a 1/4" of aileron trim, that is a ton of trim.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the info.I did lateral balance it befor I madden it.The tail is level,I am going too check the incidence on the wing and see what it is,I will let you'll know what I find on it.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok I check the incidence and it is off 1 1/2 deg from the other side.I think that would be enought too make it want too fall on one side what do you'll think?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ya 1 1/2 degree's is enough. Contact Horizon to find out what the incidence is suppose to be, and adjust the wing that is farther off.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Being it is a 1 pc wing, have them send you a new one.
    Rich G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hahahaha..... I assumed being a 1.20 size it would have a 2 piece wing... my bad.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Don't feel bad-their tech support didn't know it either. Then when I told them it came glued together from them, he had to go check because he didn't believe me.
    Rich G

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Its always frustrating when you know more about the product than the service tech helping you. I hope they take care of you guys, and good luck flying!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I contacked my hobby shop and he is sopose too call me back tonight.Thanks guys.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey guys my hobby shop call Horzin and they said too send it back for inspection.I told you'll it was 1 1/2 deg off well---I was wroung it is 3 deg off from one side too the other.When I held the wing up on the leading edge and locked the ailron you can see it.Our hobby shop told me he would get them too go ahead and send me A wing so I can get it going again.I just thought i would let you'll know what happen too me so if anyone else has that problem check the wing over good.I will let you'll know when I get my new wing and madden it again.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Are you guys using the recommended servos? If not what are you using?

I am new to Glow (flying electrics). What battery packs are you using? 4.8v or 6v? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?

Sorry for all the dumb questions but I feel like a total newbie again.[]

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Darylm44 I did use the recommended servos on mine because of the BIG controls.I used the JR 125 MG and A 125 Saito.I used A 1200 4.8 volt batt pack in mine.The differnt in the 4.8 and the 6 volt is the speed in the servos.If I would of had too buy A new batt I would bought A 6 volt but I had A new 4.8 that came with my new 2.4 raido so i used it.All so you can fly longer with A 6 volt befor A recharge.Hope this helps you and that you have good luck on your plane.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I also used the recommended setup with the Saito 125 tons of power. I haves since last post checked CG's and they were right on without doing a single thing. Lucky i guess but put everything exactly as they showed in the manuel. Mine took about two clicks of ail. and was hands off straight and true. It took off straight and never tilted at all either way was just great. The landing is very smooth with just a little throttle very little. It just kinda lands it's self. I don't like the way the ignitor has to be put on though. Think that is why i did not take it off on first flight subconcience did not want to reach in that close to the prop lol. But have a home made onboard glow. I have to change the wire to a little heavier and going to use the same plug end as the more exp. models use. I flew mine with smaller sevo arms than reccommended until yesterday when I put long arms on it and man it made a dramatic change in the movement of the rudder and elev. I have the small arms still on the ail's as I am not ready for that much in them as yet. But I have tried hovering all my planes and can get them to hover for maybe 5 sec at a time before falling one way or another. But with the long arms on this plane I stayed for about 20 sec. first time I tried. Wind got up and this being a very light plane and me being not very good I brought it down. But then took it right back up and did this around 6 times. The very last wind was getting to much and had to abort but brought it back around and landed fine but did not attemt fate anymore. This is the best flying plane I have had. Or do have. Well maybe my Ultimate bi. is as easy but would say this one is i suppose. ( Sundowner, Twist 40, Super Chipmunk, Stick, Ultimate bi 39", ) anyway get the idea it is a great plane and did not have to do anything other than put it together. Oh wheel pants would not fit hole in wrong place so just left them off. Good luck Grandad hope you get it right it is great.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Kid.What prop are you useing on your 125?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Grandad I think it is a 15x4 APC. I am not good at remembering that stuff without it in my face. Used the biggest reccommended. Finally put long arms on ail. yesterday and it rolls pretty quick now. Was comming in for landing when I noticed one wheel was missing. I bout @$@# my britches but landed it very smooth (i was very lucky) and just skimmed the side without the wheel along the grass didn't dig in and flip it like i thought it was going to. I have been flying this plane everyday now for the last week. I have about 15 flights on it counting landing and taking back off. Only plane i have ever had that I have flown that many times without breaking SOMETHING. I also am a grandad 7 times. Good luck with yours and hope you end up as happy with it as I am with mine. Maybe having 7 grandkids is why I can't remember that stuff lol. Will look and let u know this evening. Will probabaly fly it again today at our club meeting. But seems when i fly then something happens so maybe not lol.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Ok thanks Kid for that info.I only have 4 grandkids and I know how that can efext you LOL.I hope too have mine back in tha air soon as I get my other wing will let you'll know.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well grandad flew again yesterday and getting pretty good at a hover. I held it for awhile. During our meeting they voted me most improved. Asked what I got and they said (better lol) Has taken me awhile as I was self taught. But love every min. of rebuilding what i tear up and have gotten pretty good at it since i have tore alot up. But again this plane flew great. Had a brain malfunction and landed witht the wind and did not know why the plane was acting so funny until i watched the guy beside me come in and he came from diff. direction. Was lucky again I suppose. Next flight plane landed great landing into the wind. Flew it 5 times yesterday great day and had a blast with fellow club members. Brazos Buzzards

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm glad everything went ok Kid.Sometimes I land my BIG Planes with the wind (but) that is after i make 3 or 4 atemps too land and can't get it settle down with out stalling.I have A big Mayhem and it just wants too float and I have too land it with the wind sometimes.I realy try not too fly it when it is windy but in Oklahoma it can be com one min and windy the next and I have got cought in landing it at times.I can't hover my planes yet and I too am new at this about 4 yrs now.Where do you have your CG set?Mine is at 5 5/8.When I get my new wing back I will go too work on trying too hover.Some of my friebds have hover my Mayhem but i try and had no luck so maybe this is the plane that will change that for me LOL.They are picking up my wing today anf sending it back so it will probley be A week or two befor I get it going again will let you know.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Mine is set at 5 1/2 about the same. Have the battery that came with the DX7 radio in it. Have my reciever mounted about center of wing hatch. Battery right behind fuel tank. Have the long aluminum servo arms. The ones that have allen head bolts on both sides. They are actually to long if in outer hole the rudder will bend the servo rod and the elevator I think would pull the control horns out. I use the second hole from the top of them. Same on ail. Removed cowl today and replace glow wires with a little heavier wire and it worked fine. No more messing with the ignitor on bottom. Got a C-Cell battery holder at Radio shack and a push button switch, ran the hot wire directly from battery holder to Glow plug. Ran ground to one side of switch, and then wire from other side to motor. Already had it all mounted once just tried using servo wire and it would not carry the amps. So all i had to do was change the wires. Used a wheel collar with set screw to go on the glow plug. You can leave it on during flights or turn it off when it starts. Costs about 7-10 bucks. Sure beats reaching under it while it is running. That scares me bad. If I can help with your setup or anything just ask. I don't know alot but will share any knowledge i do have. 817 573 2361 Just give me a holler.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey thanks Kid i will do the same for anyone too.I like the Idea you got with the glow plug I might do something like that on all my planes with cowls.I would probel buy the recharge batt so I could put it on charge befor I go out too the field that way I would know the Bat was fully charged up.Mine # is 580-657-4817.You can give me A holler if you need.

Joe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hey, what you guys think about an O.S. 120 AX on this bird?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Think it would work great Hover. That motor has plenty of power. This plane only weighs I would say no more than 7bls. if that much have not scaled it but man it is light. The 125 will pull it out of anything. You can hover at about 1/3-1/2 throttle. I am just learning this trick but it sure makes it easier using a plane like this. Also other tricks are becoming easier. But I have been flying mine EVERYDAY for the last 2 weeks or more and already have about 25 or more flights on it. Yesterday decided I would try my twist and see if practicing with the Frenzy had helped. Very windy about 15mph. with gust to 25 or so. Has improved my flying of this plane also. But my motor was rich and when I cut throttle it DIED and was pretty low at the time as I was trying stuff lol. Anyway I got it turned but with the wind and it came down fast and hard but was able to pull it up enough that it just knocked the wheels off and sat down. Man i think I was lucky cause it was hauling the mail with the wind. And it was about 15ft. off the ground when it died just as i turned with the wind. Did not have time to try to turn into the wind it was comming DOWN lol. But the 120 should pull the wings off this thing lol. Good luck fine flying airplane.

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast