Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

*New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

*New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 09:09 PM
grandad1
My Feedback: (22)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: *New H9 Frenzy-100 ARF*

Hi Kid it was good talking too you this moring sorry i had too cut use short so here is my Email if you want too chat with me.
[email protected]
Please put plane's on the ( Subjust ) so I wont delete you.Hope too hear from you soon.

Joe
Old 11-20-2007, 10:32 PM
grandad1

OK i flew my Frenzy Sunday and it flew ok with the new wing.I forgot too lad Balance it so it wanted too drop the left wing and go left with takeoff but 2 clicks and it was level.I lad Balance it today so I might have too take the 2 clicks out the next time I take it up.I put it in A flat spinn and it was pretty just setting there in the ari and not dropping.I gave it A little throtle and it climb A little befor I pulled it out of it and into A water fall or that was what I called it LOL.All in all the plane did real good i think I will fly it more then some of the others I got,Will let you'll know next week how it went.

Joe
Old 11-21-2007, 01:10 AM
Ernie Misner

Great report Joe! What engine do you have?

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 11-21-2007, 08:32 AM
grandad1

I have the Saito 125 with A 16/6 prop.
Old 11-23-2007, 07:01 AM
kid chuckles

Joe I have the 16X4.5 APC prop. Going to try some stuff when weather clears here again. I have been reading up on the 3D froum to try to get some pointers on HOW TO do some of the tricks such as a Waterfall. I have tried to flat spin and just can't seem to get it down. I am new to trying such stuff though. Got the hover down well kinda for a few sec. But getting better at it each time. Knife Edge scares me but getting better at it also Just make sure i stay way high while doing it. Still not doing bad for first 3D type plane. It is a blast to fly though. Easy landing and all. Tail wheel is only problem I see with it needs to be a little tougher i think. I may be ready for the Sundowner now too. Maybe lol.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:01 AM
rcmaster12

I don't like it, kind of ugly like what skull1917 said
Old 11-23-2007, 07:54 PM
grandad1

Sorry Kid I was wroung about my prop i am running A 15/6 not A 16/6.I am turning about 10400 on the tack so i don't hold it wide open for any link of time.I can't hover or do A knife edge yet but i can flat spinn good inverted.The way I do mine is I clime high push the Elev full down=When the plane gets on its back= I give it full right rudder= and then I start feeding right Ailron intoo it untill the plane flaten out=.Sometimes I feed the right Ailron kind hard then ease off till it goes flat=.Hope this might help you and good luck.

Joe
Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM
HoverLoW

Hey, everybody. It's time to get a new 3d plane. I was looking in some hobby shops here in Brazil and the Frenzy is now available to us!!!

But this puted a huge doubt in my mind!

Well, my plan is to use an O.S. 120 AX in this bird. In a few posts ago, kid chuckles said me this will be a good choice (Hey Kid, I forgot to thank you about your help!! So, it's a little late, but thank you!! ).

But I don't know if I should trust in this plane.

Right now I am flying a crapy U-Can-Do. Before that, I flew a Showtime 90, and a Funtana 100.

In my Showtime, I used an O.S 160 FX. Worked well, but a little heavy. In my Funtana I used the 120 AX. This plane flew only some days after a crash and I didn't have time to enjoy it.

I am using the same AX in my U-Can-Do. It's a good plane, but I am having a lot of problems with it. And this is the point! What is troubling is I am thinking the Frenzy a copy of the U Can do. Same wing, same fuselage style!!! And I don't want a UCD anymore!

So, can somebody compare the Frenzy with those planes I mentioned?

I really want to get a Frenzy, because my second option is buy another Funtana.

Another question: Here in Brazil, the Frenzy is selling like a hybrid of 3d and pattern. This is not true, is it???

Thanks!
Old 12-09-2007, 08:53 PM
grandad1

HoverloW I have A Mayhem 90 and the Frenzy is like it.The UCD is harder too land then the Frenzy and Mayhem.I have A flying buddy that has A UCD and he won't fly it if the wind is more then 5 mph.I can fly my Mayhem and Frenzy with winds up too 15 mph and land ok.But the answer too your question is I guess is yes it is all most like A UCD.( BUT ) I let my buddy fly my Frenzy and he realy liked it and said it fly like the UCD but was ( MUCH easer too land).Hope this might help you make up your mine.I realy like my Frenzy and it is fun too fly.

Joe
Old 12-10-2007, 05:23 AM
HoverLoW

Grandad, thank you for the answer. Well, I will search a little more, and If I choose the Frenzy, I will post my assembly experience here!!!!!

Thank you!!!
Old 12-21-2007, 08:13 AM
burnie1

G'day all,
Think I might get one of these, do you think an ASP120fs would do it justice?
Thanks

Merry Xmas
Andrew
Old 12-21-2007, 09:00 AM
grandad1

ASP 120 will do just fine,In fact I think A Saito 100 will pull this bird straight up.It weights hardle noughting and flys great.
EVRYONE HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Joe
Old 12-21-2007, 02:46 PM
burnie1

how is the balence with the saito 125, the ASP120 is a little heavier. Did you have to add an weight with the saito?
Old 12-21-2007, 03:52 PM
Ernie Misner

And with a Saito 100, would a lot of nose weight be needed?

I found it interesting that in the new issue of MAN, they did a review of the Frenzy (loved it), used an Evo 100 engine that is very heavy, 28 ounces. Even with that heavy engine they had to move the battery way up by the tank and still added nose weight.

Is everyone else coming out tail heavy?

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 12-28-2007, 07:27 AM
kid chuckles

Ernie I have the Saito 125 not sure what it weighs. With that motor and the battery a small 4cell. in the battery tray that is in the front behind fuel tank it is balanced perfect. I added NO weight anywhere. And I got so excited about flying this plane that i forgot to check the CG and from the first flight it took off with no wing wiggle at all. The plane took maybe a click of something to be hands off. Can't remember now if it was Ail or Elev. lol but just a click of one or the other. Since have set CG and did absoultly nothing to it. It was spot on. Great flying plane. You will enjoy it. But the weight of the 125 is something to compare to. I did have to raise the fuel tank for the wing to sit down right. Other than that. I did just as the manuel said to do. I use the long alum. servo arms. If not alum. use long arms to get the throw. I have as much as i can get. Had to go to second hole down cause the rudder was hitting the elev. and bending the pushrods. Anyway good luck and happy flying you will like this plane. Very light and very stable. Just hate the inverted motor. Without onboard glow getting the ignitor off while it is running is a little hairy lol.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:48 AM
Ernie Misner

Wow Kid, nice report. Thanks loads.

Hmmm, I am also thinking of a Saito 100 for the Frenzy. Anyone else out there do that? Have to add weight to the nose? Or maybe just move the batter forward of it's intended spot.

How many flights do you have on it now? I can almost see you smiling!

Ernie
Old 12-29-2007, 06:09 PM
paul nathalie

Hi , I have a bcma 26 gasser on mine, just finished, 8lbs 2 0z.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91422.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	54.6 KB
ID:	836726   Click image for larger version

Name:	Da83286.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	836727   Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71212.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	836728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn36968.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	836729   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58281.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	836730   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12068.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	836731  
Old 12-30-2007, 01:03 AM
Ernie Misner

That's awsome Paul. Was balance any problem with that engine?

Thanks,

Ernie
Old 12-30-2007, 09:31 AM
paul nathalie

Hi, no ,no weight added, balances 4.25 " from leading edge,runs like a champ.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:12 PM
Ernie Misner

Hi Paul, good deal that it is balancing for you. What is the bcma engine? I am blanking at the moment. Do you have a link to that engine?

Thanks again,

Ernie
Old 12-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Zippi
My Feedback: (10)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ernie,

Here ya go.

http://bcmaengines.com/
Old 01-02-2008, 09:36 AM
thevirginian

Hey Paul;
Have you flown your Frenzy, yet? I hope you didn't miss the amendment Horizon issued regarding the wrongly stated CG in their manuals. You should be at 5-6". Anyway, let me tell you guys how my maiden went. You gonna laugh your butt off, when you read this. After finishing my new Frenzy last week, I had to wait for the weather to cooperate. So, finally, on Monday, New Years Eve, the weather couldn't have been any better. At our field I took my Frenzy thru the pre-maiden flight routine. Checked all surface direction, range checked it without and with the motor running. Everything O.K., ready for the maiden. I taxied out to the runway checked the wind direction and took off. Immediately after being airborn she turned sharp to the right. I had to fight to level her out. So I climbed to a safe altitude and started to trim her out. She took a ton of right rudder to make her fly straight. In left turnes she dragged her tail and in right turns she wanted to dive to the ground. Something was dangerously wrong with her. So I backed off on the throttle and came in for a landing. Nice and smooth landing, no problem, whatsoever. Back in the pit we checked her out anticipating to find something badly wrong. Nothing. Oddly, the rudder trim rendered the rudder to sit at a whopping 10-15° to the left. My buddy then took her up. "Oh, my gosh. She is way off" was all he could exclaim. After he landed we checked her all over again hoping to find the problem. O.K. the fin seemed to be leaning slightly to the left. And one of the horizontal stabs shows a slight warpage at the tip. Other than that nothing unusual. Perhaps the fuse is warped, I started to think. Maybe I should take out the right engine thrust. Maybe this, maybe that. I started to dislike this plane already. The next day, at home, I straightened out the warpage with my iron and and made me a nice shim to eliminate the engine thrust. Then I put the plane on the ground in front of my garage, thethered her tail to a door rail and fired up the motor. While I was standing over her, revving the engine I turned around and looked at the tail. What the heck is the rudder doing when I play with the throttle, I wonder. Every time I open throttle the rudder moves to the right about 15°. I tested the throttle response a few more times to make sure that what I was seeing was true. How come I have a throttle/rudder mix in my radio? I reset everything before I programmed the plane from scratch. Now I went through all mixes..... and found nothing. What the heck is it then? I keep thinking. Then it dawned on me: My Futaba 8-UH is a Heli radio and every model, by default, is in Heli mode, meaning the tail rotor compensation is automatically on. After I switched into the ACRO mode the rudder behaved normally. Needless to say I let go a big sigh of releave after that discovery. I haven't had a chance to test fly it, yet, but I know that's what it was. Little things like that can really ruin your fun and make you start doing irrational things. I knew this plane flies great, as I test flown my buddy's Frenzy before. Was that stupid, or what? Now I am waiting to have a another chance for my second maiden.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:40 AM
mflander

That is rather funny At least you saved it, a constant 15 degree's of rudder could have caused a fatal snap or spin with the right inputs... good job!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:35 AM
thevirginian

trixer;
believe me, she was more than a handful.
Old 01-02-2008, 06:28 PM
grandad1

Hay Thevinian that was A good job saving your plane.Now let me tell you about my maiden.Itr did the Same thing your's did and I am useing JR Raido 2.4.I had too put A 1/4 in " of trim in my Ailron too get mine too fly level.When I got it back home I checked the ENSDENT on the wing and it was ( OFF almost 5 deg from the other side).We called Hanger 9 and they sent me A new wing and we sent this wing back.My plane fly's great now,I have A little problem seeing it if I let it get too high other then that i like the lpane.Hope this might help or at lease you might check your wing if your raido don't fix the problem good luck.

Joe

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.