Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

KMP FW190 *NEW*

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

KMP FW190 *NEW*

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 02:09 PM
AKondor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KMP FW190 *NEW*

Its finally complete.... our new 71 inch FW 190 will be arriving soon. Oleo Struts with rubber tires and metal hubs are included with the plane. The complete airframe is composite featuring panel lines for added detail.

The kit will not include the canons or the weathered look. They have been added by the modeler. Naturally as with all our other warbirds the finish is flat with the decals pre-applied and coated as seen. The Nazi symbol will NOT be pre-applied. It will be at the discretion of each modeler whether or not to apply the symbol.

Should our customers want an airframe in a primered finish that can also be arranged with a substantial deposit in advance.
more pictures coming soo... by the way this color scheme is absolutely authentic and unlike any other FW 190 on the market today.

Please enjoy.....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44951.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	715740  
Old 07-03-2007, 04:03 PM
Beechbum
My Feedback: (11)

Default RE: KMP FW190 *NEW*

Looks pretty good from that angle. The tail wheel looks loads better, too. When will you have pricing up on your web site? Do you have a head on view?
Old 07-03-2007, 08:32 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This looks sweet. maybe a 2300 or a healthy Saito.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:33 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Any plans on that Velocity?
Old 07-03-2007, 09:29 PM
AKondor

Hi:
The new Velocity will be ready soon. Its beeing test flown as we speak overseas. Lets keep this thread about the FW190 and start a new one for the Velocity.... I'd be happy to post some more details in a new thread.

Cheers,
Old 07-04-2007, 01:28 AM
Spiritwind
My Feedback: (44)

Looks great. Do you have any specs?? Price? Thanks..
Old 07-04-2007, 05:06 AM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

This will be my first KMP plane , I just cant pass this up , I have to wait for Santa but that is ok
Andrew the plane looks fantastic ,
Old 07-04-2007, 07:54 AM
Cyclic Hardover

[quote]ORIGINAL: AKondor

Hi:
The new Velocity will be ready soon. Its beeing test flown as we speak overseas. Lets keep this thread about the FW190 and start a new one for the Velocity.... I'd be happy to post some more details in a new thread.

Cheers,
[/quote

Okay, I'll start one.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:34 AM
MANFRED
My Feedback: (27)

ANdrew, do you have an ETA and how much longer would be the wait on primered version?
Old 07-07-2007, 09:42 PM
AKondor

Hi:
We are expecting the first batch by the end of August. The supply is definately limited (maybe even sold out... need to check on Monday).
For a primered version you would need to call us ASAP and put a deposit on the model.

Cheers,
Old 07-08-2007, 12:29 PM
what_stanger

the 'exhaust' look going to be on the finished product?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:14 PM
LuftwaffeOberst
Banned

I have both the Hanger 9 PNP J-3 Cub, and the Hanger 9 ARF PTS P-51 without the PTS stuff on it. Once I get more ARF building and flying experiance, and a year or two on the Customized PTS Mustang... I might want to try KMP products. I'm in love with your Stuka, 109 and your new FW-190, but I don't know how well your instuctions are written.

If Hanger 9 doesn't get on the ball with there axis plane releases, I'm thinking of giving you people a try. I was very disappointed with the World model products... so I'm a little nervous trying another large plane and spending all that money on something that's going to give me nothing but problems in the construction and quality.

I like using the stock hardware in ARF's because of the simplicity, I'm sure I'm not alone in that idea... that's why I'm in love with Hanger 9 for now.

Luftwaffe Oberst
Radio Aero Modelers Club
AMA District II
Pulaski, NY

Old 07-08-2007, 05:27 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Tried emailing you about the Velocity but nothing. What size will the new one be?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:26 PM
AKondor

Hi Cyclic Hardover:

I don't get over to RCU too often so i'm a little slow in getting back to people here.... but I have posted all the answers to your questions on the forum you started regarding the Velocity. If you have any questions you can always call me toll free at the office 888-968-7251 or e-mail me personally at [email protected]
Cheers,
Andrew
Old 07-16-2007, 09:31 PM
AKondor

HI LuftwaffeOberst:

The instructions are certainly not as clear as H9 or Top Flite kits. We are working very hard to improve in that area. Of course you are welcome to call us toll free 888-968-7251 or e-mail us and we will gladly help you along the way should you get hung up anywhere.

We are sure however that you will find the quality of the kits, the finish and our service to be all uniformly first class.

Cheers,
Andrew Kondor
Old 07-16-2007, 10:53 PM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

What is wrong with the fuse in the tail area? Its WAY too thin. Like anorexic thin...

The gun hood LOOKS like its supposed to be an A8, but its off as well...

The outter cannons of the A8's (the ones not fitted with 30mm cannons) were single piece barrels, and not the weird two piece things fitted to this prototype.

Why can't the Chinese/Vietnamese/Korean ARF builders take a LITTLE more time to do some research. Especially with the prices KMP charges. I mean the Bf 109 and Stuka's they kit are decent, but this one is just wrong. I mean really the internet is chock-o-box FULL of FW 190 images, right down to official RLM diagrams/3-views.

And to think these ARF guys are putting the scale kit guys (like Skyshark etc) outta the kit business... I mean fine, people don't have the time (or skills) to build, but at least try to make the ARF's a little more competitive or else we are going to see all to many "kinda FW 190's" or "kinda WW2 warbirds". For example, when is the last time you saw a P-51 ARF with the rudder counterweight?

Take a look at the "real" thing:

Old 07-16-2007, 11:24 PM
kochj

You can tell all that from one photo? Man, you do need to make you own planes! Buy a kit and and some fiberglass and have at it....
also, Perhaps it is because they do not want a perfect replica!
All the plane manufactures are now wanting a peice of the pie!.... Look at the TF cesna 310, and the Lockead raptor PTS by H9!.... I am sure they had to pay royalties!
Now I don't think you have to be to concerned about a nazie plane manufacture attempting to hit you up for royalties, but who know nowdays....
No one, I mean Noone is responsible for there own actions anymore ...... Just go and check out the latest court lawsuit desicion....... It is a joke.....
By the way , If I were to manufacture a ARF Focke Wulf FW-190-A, You would be the Guy I asked to consult the project!
The only issue is that some of the very best businessmen are not very good at design and implimentation of a project... When I win the lottery, I will look you up!
Justin
Old 07-16-2007, 11:38 PM
pimmnz

Thank you Evil Merlin, I too wonder why manufacturers go to the trouble of making incorrect molds when it wouldn't take any more time to actually get it right, and in many cases would even be easier than some of the shapes produced as `scale'. But then, perhaps we are just voices crying in the wilderness. Would it be too much to ask for manufacturers/marketers to describe their products as `almost, stand (way) off, near, etc' scale when advertising their wares?
Evan, W.B. #12.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Evil_Merlin

Actually yes, I can. For someone who builds planes, and goies thru the effort of making damn sure my planes are as scale as possible, it pops out at you right off the bat.

The fuse area where it blends into the tail is simply wrong. Almost grossly so, I would have to say its 15-18% thinner on the top to bottom than it is supposed to be. The gun cover on the top of the fuse where it blends into the cockpit deck is also quite wrong, even with the "bumps & humps" in the gun hood introduced with the A7 (and carried over into the A8 & A9 as well as the F & G series) still maintained the FW 190's "barrel" fuse all the way to the cockpit. Its part of the "look" of the FW 190. Just like the counterweights on the P-51's rudder. Its SUPPOSED to be there, and its EASY to do if people took the time to talk with people who do research on the topics.

When KMP was developing the kit why the holy heck didn't they ASK a modeler if it looked OK? Its NOT hard to fix those errors before the molds were done, now its going to be next to impossible.

As you said kochj, FW is no longer in the business... so your point is a moot one.

For the price KMP is charging you can build a MUCH more scale model, say from Jack Devine Models, Platt, Ziroli or any other of the bigger names and you are going to get one heck of a more scale plane. Yeah you gotta build it.

Heck if I was supplied the kit materials, I don't even think I would charge $500 to build a plane from any of the above kit/plan guys.

Had KMP posted something say here, they could have had a winner thru and thru.... And for FREE. But as usual, the rush to get it to market kills them. I'm sure though lots of people who have no real idea what a real FW 190 looks like is going to jump all over this plane, which is a shame because its quite frankly as bad as a FW 190 as the Hangar 9 F-22 is an F-22.

As for TF: None of their planes, even the Gold Box kits are even close to scale. Stand off scale at best.
As for Hangar 9: No one is saying it is a scale model of the F-22...
Old 07-17-2007, 12:58 AM
Evil_Merlin

ORIGINAL: pimmnz

Thank you Evil Merlin, I too wonder why manufacturers go to the trouble of making incorrect molds when it wouldn't take any more time to actually get it right, and in many cases would even be easier than some of the shapes produced as `scale'. But then, perhaps we are just voices crying in the wilderness. Would it be too much to ask for manufacturers/marketers to describe their products as `almost, stand (way) off, near, etc' scale when advertising their wares?
Evan, W.B. #12.

You know I actually DON'T know why. I mean between RC Universe, RC Groups and RC Scale Builder, there is a pure wealth of FREE information avaiable to you, and anyone. Heck if the manufactures wanted to do a decent job, they could easily contact one of the best planners/blueprinters around today, Arthur Bentley. For those that don't know of his work: http://www.albentley-drawings.com/main.htm his stuff is used in books, by Flug Werks (the guys building new FW 190s), the Stormbird Folks (the guys building new Me 262's) and just about any serious builder.

Are people actually suggesting that a multi-thousand dollar project like the molds for this FW 190 wasn't worth the sixty bucks (including shipping) for the 8 pages of drawings? Scale drawings mind you?

Can you tell I'm frustrated? Yah, I'm a BUILDER, but I honestly want to buy a couple of decent ARF's so I can fly more often between builds. But this FW isn't a FW its a bad artist's impression of one. I just HOPE that whomever reviews this product for RCU has the courage to stand up and say so as well...

Old 07-17-2007, 03:43 AM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

think these days with time being non existant for most people they would be happy with a ARF that slapped together pretty quickly and could do 75mph on a flyby! It would give them a smile, and yes you can pick a bone about scale and so forth but these planes are not being built to win you the scale master's this year.

I agree with all of the above 100% but most dont care and/or mind. I have the Stuka on order now for over 3 months and have yet to see but I look forward to it! [sm=thumbs_up.gif]
Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 AM
Evil_Merlin

I was afraid of posts like this.

Now its "Well it looks kinda like a FW 190".

No wonder the kit industries are getting killed off. People honestly just don't care, give me cheap looking and ARF, and the rest doesn't matter.

Its not about picking a bone about being more scale, its about companies that are wanting our money, making, quite frankly, horrible looking planes, and trying to pass them off as warbirds, which is exactly what KMP does.

As long as people keep accepting "don't care and don't mind" the Chinese and Vietnamese ARF builders are going to keep on cutting corners which is exactly why they use cheap woods, don't use a lot of glue (firewalls flying away anyone?).

Thats fine you want an ARF, but at least demand it looks like the plane its supposed to.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:57 AM
go vertical
My Feedback: (1)

if you plan on entering scale contest, don't even consider an ARF. if you want to fly for fun then you will have it with this model. I have built 2 of the old Jery Ortega FW190 kits 1 detaled 1 not they were both fun to fly. all you scale EXPERTS need to lighten up, all ARF's are for fun not for contest minded EXPERTS
Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 PM
pimmnz

Guess you are missing the point there, go vertical, What is being said is that with all the info everyone has about the popular scale models around why do manufacturers go to so much trouble to get it wrong? This FW isn't the only one, there are some pretty big versions that are even more `cartoon' and still trying to be passed off as a `scale' model. In the end it is the user who sets the standard for manufacturers to follow, perhaps if no-one bought the thing, next time the manufacturer might try just a little harder...
Evan, W.B.#12.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:55 PM
kochj

I too would like to have a very scale ARF.
I am not sure how much effort goes into one of these planes together in China. Now I am not going to say that bringing airplanes to market and supporting them is easy ( I Know it is not, and will not even go there)
I will say that it seems that (from what you have said) that all manufactures of ARF kits are not scale.
I am not a excellent plane shape person, but I have seen enough to know that this does look a little off scale. How much? I don't know but it's fuse inparticular does look odd.

I have a Q for you Evil_Merlin!
Have you seen the Airworld FW? Is that plane scale? It looks as though that everything is there where it is suppost to be.
There is the RObart Jug that is 94+ wing span that is based of a Ziroli plans that is soon to be released, and SIerra GIant has a real buety of a Trojan with 110 WS that is soon to be released as well. These are very scale aircrafts. They want a pretty penny for them but after all you get what you pay for..
I think that should look at those, as they are for the the very scale descerning modelist... Not your average joe that is more than happy with the non scale ARF that are available today.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.