Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 101 of 117 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,525 of 2914

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Great Planes Revolver

i should have three sets of wheel pants if you want them. Free just pay shipping send a pm If want them
    AMA # 126183
    Fly light, fly fast and fly low.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

He is some video of my latest revolver flying. i am in the tan shirt and blue jeans. the plane is the one pictured at top of this thread. sorry camera man could see mine to well so didnt follow it to much except in first part and neqr middle.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3Lyo_44q3M
    AMA # 126183

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

airraptor;

I just watch your vid and I must say, the group was having to much fun!!! I saw in one pass, you blew the doors off of the Hangar 9 Blue Nose P-51!!!! If that was a air race, who won??? Just the sound of all the planes in the air was sweet!! Thank you for sharing the vid!! I am going back to watch it again!!!

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

well it was a race but i would lap some of them then would turn in the middle to get behind again. the blue nose had the 120AX in it on a 15x8, the yellow mustang had a OS 91 in it and the other planes not sure. I will try to get better video some day. We do have our 100 lap race this weekend some maybe i can get some of that action.
    AMA # 126183

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Agreed - nice video - looks like your mod Revolver was fastest by far. I'm relatively new to flying (2 years) but will probably soon be looking for more speed with my revolvers. Maiden flight on my 70" Revolver is tomorrow - have an OS 91 2S in it with an APC 14x7. Sounds like I should move towards a 13x10 once I want more speed. Sound right? Or should I go even smaller, like a 12x10?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Made a new record for myself. Yes, I was diving it like crazy!
    140 mph was my previous record. It's 120 on the level. I have the OS91 w/ a tuned pipe in it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zx72571.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	1384577  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Nice speed!

U use the 91FX ,right ?

What prop/rpm ?
    **Check my gallery for more pictures**
    http://www.rcuniverse.com/community/...y&memid=222042
    Club Saito member #706

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Very Nice RCFan!!!

Phil Green
    Saito Club # 658

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RC Fan450

Nice job!!! Now go for 160 MPH!!!!
    BTW: How high did you go to hit 155MPH???

Sonny
    aka
    jet22b
    Spitfire Brotherhood #12
    P-40 Brotherhood #52

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I think my prop is a 13x10 but I can't remember if I put a 12.5x10 on it. I've tried about 6 props so I forget, sorry.

Yes, 91fx

And jet22b, I was going for a record so ya, I was pretty dang high. I didn't dare dive it harder than about a 45 degree angle because even as it was I thought I was going snap roll on pull-out. I was pulling out of the dive about 15' off the ground (right in front of my radar buddy). About got the ground once.

I have snap rolled this plane before diving it like that and pulling back hard to get out of it so you gotta be careful to some extent. Not sure how I escaped death that time.

Anyways, good times. My buddy still has me beat by 4 mph though with his monster electric setup as discussed back in this thread somewhere.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I know I keep bugging you guys for parts but I'm looking for a cowl for the .46 Revolver. If anyone has one in decent condidtion, please let me know. I wanna fly this bird but I don't wanna do it until I have the cowl. Please help! They are all on back order until late March.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I'm in the same boat Dan. I ordered a replacement cowl on Jan 4th when the website said they were backordered till late Jan. I still haven't received my cowl. This is my first Great Planes kit and may be my last if this is the kind of parts support I can expect from this company.
    Raptor 30, T-rex 450SA, Blade 400, Blade CP, CX2, mCX
    GP Revolver, Seawind EP, Typhoon 2, Mini Pulse XT, T-28, HZ SC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've ordered replacement parts for the 59" Revolver before (wings, canopy, landing gear) and have never had problems before. But I've had a cowling on backorder for about 5 months now. I love this plane and Great Planes quality, but this cowling situation is annoying. Maybe they're focusing on the new 70" Revolver? Actually, I'm going to call Great Planes. This should not take this long to turnaround.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: microdon2

I've ordered replacement parts for the 59'' Revolver before (wings, canopy, landing gear) and have never had problems before. But I've had a cowling on backorder for about 5 months now. I love this plane and Great Planes quality, but this cowling situation is annoying. Maybe they're focusing on the new 70'' Revolver? Actually, I'm going to call Great Planes. This should not take this long to turnaround.
    I talked to both Great Planes and Tower Hobbies today and they both told me late March is the date for replacement cowls. They both said that they are at the mercy of their supplier and cannot do anything about it. I'm really wishing I had gone with my alternate choice of the Sundowner at this point.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

May seem that way now but you won't feel that way after you have flown it. Sundowner is a great plane but the Revolver can almost match its speed and you can do so much more with it.
    Club Saito Member #600

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: mike boxtall

May seem that way now but you won't feel that way after you have flown it. Sundowner is a great plane but the Revolver can almost match its speed and you can do so much more with it.
    Yeah, I'm sure your right. That's ultimately why I ended up choosing the Revolver in the first place. I'm just frustrated because it's my first real build and although I have flown it once without the cowl, I'd really like to finish it and fly it the way it was intended to be flown.
    Rick

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Did you not get a cowl in the box?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: microdon2

Did you not get a cowl in the box?
    Yeah I messed it up when I was cutting it and I don't want to mount it because it will be harder to mount the new one straight when I finally get it. It's totally my fault that I don't have a cowl but I'm just bummed that I have to wait so long for a replacement.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've "fixed" bad cuts and tears in my cowl by applying (on the inside) white duct tape held down by thin CA. I've also used this method to fill in spaces in some holes that I cut too large. And to strengthen the screw holes. It's not perfect, but actually doesn'' look too bad. And better than not flying, that's for sure.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tyrick69

Yeah, I'm sure your right. That's ultimately why I ended up choosing the Revolver in the first place. I'm just frustrated because it's my first real build and although I have flown it once without the cowl, I'd really like to finish it and fly it the way it was intended to be flown.
    Rick

"my first real build " I thought the revolver was only availible as an A.R.F . ?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: cavandish

ORIGINAL: tyrick69

Rick

''my first real build '' I thought the revolver was only availible as an A.R.F . ?
    Yes it is an ARF but compared to everything else I've ever flown, it was the most involved "assembly" (better?) that I've ever had.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I've been thinking a lot about how i'd love to have a giant scale Revolver suitable for a gasoline engine. I started a thread/poll: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9535452/tm.htm

I also included a link to the suggest a plane page on the GP site.

If this sounds like something you'd be into as well, go there and request it.
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #13*

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Put gps in revo today. upwind and downwind average with no DIVES was 130 mph even. This with stock 120 AX muffler and 14x12n APC
    AMA # 126183

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Dangit - now I'm gonna have to get a bigger motor...

Just kidding, I'm fine with 120 on the level. 130 would be cool, but 120 is good too.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

it was actually 129.6 mph but i rounded up. the gps was a garmin for cars lol i just stuck in in the canopy with lots of foam. it was very windy today. so my thought were that i would be wide open on upwind then idle on down the open up again once turned up wind. i did that four times then landed. I got 120.4 upwind. took off then flew wide open for four more laps then landed. no climbs or dives stayed with in 50 feet of ground whole time. down wind was 138.9. This was with the gear on and no wheel pants.

I have another 5mph i think in the plane when put the wire skid back on. I can put a pipe on it too, but now only get about 9 minutes of full throttle on the 14 ounce tank. when there is no wind out i will do another test. the gps also added about 7 ounces to the plane. I really think 135-140 is in it.
    AMA # 126183