Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 117 of 117 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117
Results 2,901 to 2,914 of 2914

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: New Great Planes Revolver

Can you share the make \ model of those carbon fiber tail and main gear assemblies?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: microdon2

Can you share the make \ model of those carbon fiber tail and main gear assemblies?
    Hate to say this as I am not pleased with Aeroworks models, but I do like some of their tail wheel assemblies.

Have not yet decided on which main gear I would choose as their are many on the markets.

This new Rev 70 project won't be started for a few weeks, thus I will be doing some further searching / research on what I want to install in this model.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello
    anyone face hard time with the wing tube joiner?

http://www2.gpmd.com/imagel/g/lgpma3284.jpg

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: flashback

Hello
    anyone face hard time with the wing tube joiner?

http://www2.gpmd.com/imagel/g/lgpma3284.jpg
    Yuppers, on the last Rev 70 that I put together.
    Had to sand the wing tube itself.

Others have suggested just waxing it. I have not ever tried just the waxing option, but on my next Rev 70 if I have wing tube issues, I will opt for the waxing first.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

After a season with the Revolver, I decided that the Magnum 70 wasn't enough power. I am upgrading to the OS 55. I was hoping that someone could post the pictures of the cowl (on the plane) so I could see where to cut. I already messed one up (cowl was upside down.) Also, I am breaking in the engine on the plane, I know not to do that with the cowl on. Can I use the Pitts Muffler or should I use the standard. Also, did you guys follow the instructions for the break in or something else, the method seems odd.
    Thanks,
    JH313
    The Cub Brotherhood Member #20
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #134

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: JH313

After a season with the Revolver, I decided that the Magnum 70 wasn't enough power. I am upgrading to the OS 55. I was hoping that someone could post the pictures of the cowl (on the plane) so I could see where to cut. I already messed one up (cowl was upside down.) Also, I am breaking in the engine on the plane, I know not to do that with the cowl on. Can I use the Pitts Muffler or should I use the standard. Also, did you guys follow the instructions for the break in or something else, the method seems odd.
    Thanks,
    JH313
    Do not have any pictures that I can post for you to know how to cut the cowling, sorry.

But as far as breaking in procedures / instructions, I have never followed any. I assemble a new plane / engine and take it out and fly it. I have always broken in my engines on the planes, in flight and have never used an engine stand. I might want to add that I have never had a real engine problem and still have good running engines dating back many years.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Got a revolver 59 for Christmas from wife, i am going to be putting a evolution. 46 on it. I have 3 evolution. 46's and all have been problem free from day one. I do have a question about the manual states you need coreless servo's with minimum torque of 50oz. Seems a lil too much. I am going to be using hitec 425bb on all surfaces with a 1500mah 4.8 battery. For the ones you all have built does that sound sufficient or should i go with a 6volt battery?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

You'll be fine.
    Saito Club Member #578
    P-40 Brotherhood #62

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I appreciate it, and wow this plane and its siblings have generated alot of conversation, glad my wife did some good research!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Well fixed my plane for the third time. All from the landing gear coming off...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fd91421.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	1867614  
    THE T.R.U.T.H

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tomorrow morning I'm going to maiden my new (-ly rebuilt) Rev 59. I have an OS 91 4s inside (older engine, but runs great). Balanced laterally, CG is a bit back of recommended. Wind tomorrow is 8mph, right down the runway, at 7am - perfect conditions for the 59. This will be my forth or fifth Rev 59. And I am NOT crashing THIS one. (...Your Honor...) Will post pics tomorrow.

spd101 - congrats on your new Revolver. If this is your first, when the time comes, just take off gradually and land with some speed, till you get the hang of it. Come in too slow and it can stall, quickly. Enjoy the build!

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How did the rebuilt fly?
    THE T.R.U.T.H

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

rowdog - thanks for asking - it flies great! Though I forgot how twitchy this plane can be - wo! Took me the entire first flying session to get my Rev59 sea-legs back. And also needed to add some expo. After the expo it bahaved more rationally. After the second flying session (last weekend) there was still a fuel leak, but I think it was cause I did not hoseoff the overflow nipple on the bottom (this is an older OS 91 4s.). I've since done that and so am looking forward to testing \ flying this bird again tomorrow. And I set the CG back 1/2 inch from recommended - actually came in pretty tame.

Love how this plane looks \ flies.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Didn't know where to ask this so I though I might try here.
    Which pitts muffler do I want for the 55ax: 
    4046 (made for the 46 but according to tower does the 55 as well)
    4055 (made specifically for 55)
    I know one of them causes issues so I though I could see on here since many people use the 55ax on their revolver as I am.
    Thanks
    The Cub Brotherhood Member #20
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #134