Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

who made this A36 Bonanza?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

who made this A36 Bonanza?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:01 PM
fairplane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default who made this A36 Bonanza?

Hi- I just purchased this A36 Bonanza. Does anyone recognize this plane and who the maker is? One suggestion was Byron Originals from the local hobby store, but I'm not sure this is correct. This plane is molded plastic with foam core? wings. The tail is dense foam. The wingspan is 61 inches and the fuse is 48 inches from nose cone to tip of tail. thanks for your help.
Attached Images   
Old 04-11-2008, 05:50 PM
DStone

Default RE: who made this A36 Bonanza?

This plane was made by a company called Flitecraft, which is no longer in business. They also made another low-winger called the Arrow and a high-winger called the Cardinal. I built several of the Arrows and they flew great. The foam tail surfaces won't last long and should be replaced by sheet balsa copies. The fuselage tends to crack in the tail area after a while. Here is a picture of me and one of the Arrows.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18633.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	125.0 KB
ID:	927700  
Old 04-12-2008, 05:55 PM
fairplane

Thank-you Dstone. After getting your answer I did some research on Flitecraft. They are out of business due to the owner passing away. His son never did follow in his footsteps-too bad because it seems alot of people liked their planes. Oh by the way- do you happen to know the recommended Cof G for this plane? Anyway thanks again to you and RCU-Harold
Old 04-14-2008, 07:49 PM
DStone

If the Bonanza has a rectangular wing platform like the Arrow, I would figure 25 to 30% of the wing chord back from the leading edge.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:11 PM
Prairie Mike

You have one of the few flitecraft Bonanzas left. I know of 2 guys in the Lawrence, Ks club who have them. One guys has two, but won''t part with them. I wore out the first one, the other is still in the box. So that''s 5 that I know of.
In my opinion, the bonanza was the best flying of all the flitecraft planes. Most of the guys used a .46 for power. I used an O.S. .40 SF which had plenty of power. If using the .40 SF or a .46, you''ll need to get the next larger size Dave Brown motor mount.

CG
From the instruction manual: "The recommended starting location is 2 & 3/4" to 3 & 1/2" (68 to 88mm) back from the leading edge of the wing."
Old 04-15-2008, 12:13 PM
Prairie Mike

OH yeah, I forgot to mention: All of us replaced the chintzy tail feathers with sheet balsa so they would last. the foam is okay until you bump it.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:10 AM
fairplane

Thanks prairie mike- this is all good news esp about the flight characteristics of this plane-now I don''t need to second guess this purchase. I saw another bonanza from flitecraft on e-bay for $100.00 with engines and servos-only it was for pickup only in Toms rivers New Jersey I think- it never sold-this is the seller if anyone is interested

Rc OS Max 40 size Low wing Arrow Airplane ARTFSeller:nevetsd1497 ( 1480) 99.9% pic was an a36 bonanza

Anyway thanks again for all the good info

Old 11-18-2022, 02:57 PM
brentbrilla

Default Do you still have this bonanza??

I started filing again with my kids now and had one of these 25 years ago…. I would REALLY like another!
Old 11-18-2022, 05:22 PM
Prairie Mike

Originally Posted by brentbrilla
I started filing again with my kids now and had one of these 25 years ago…. I would REALLY like another!
OMG! I still have one in the box. Send me a PM with your price and we'll get it done.
I live south of Dallas if that would be close enough to pick up
Old 11-18-2022, 07:45 PM
brentbrilla

I did message you, I hope it worked