Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Tango ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Tango ARF

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 12:39 AM
gepic93

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tango ARF

Has anyone seen this plane fly? Does it fly well?
Old 07-27-2007, 03:09 PM
rclement
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Tango ARF

Not due out untill next month..... here's some pics though.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	He97464.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	730926   Click image for larger version

Name:	To43472.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	730927  
Old 07-27-2007, 08:57 PM
i live for 3D
Banned

its funny looking
Old 07-28-2007, 08:09 AM
rclement

Yeah, It looks like a trainer that they put a Fun Fly /3D type wing on.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:09 AM
MAndren

Hey guys,

The video is up on the website.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=HAN4600

Matt
Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 AM
rclement

Hmmmm...... Kind of an odd video. Some haphazard flying. I like the bounce, drop in at the end.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:32 AM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like a plane built by a person who took remains out of a dumpster
Old 08-01-2007, 12:06 PM
ke4jjh

If it flys anything like it's older sibling, The Twist, then it will fly great. It looks like it has the Twists wing but I don't know how well it will to up on top like that. Up-right flat spins should be easy but I don't think it will roll as well. I guess I'll have to get on and see.
I love my Twist. It will do anything you want but is still surprisingly docile at slow speeds and landing. If this plane has any of those characteristics, then it will be worth the money.

MAndren...
Will the Tango's wing interchange with the Twist?

Here's a pic of my Twist for comparison.
[img][/img]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Db84947.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	733684  
Old 08-01-2007, 03:55 PM
samolot
My Feedback: (14)

should have good slow-flight capabilities with that high-wing. Looks like a nice 2nd/3rd plane. Very interesting cover scheme. But yeah, looks like a flying box. Its size is really something that interests me greatly since i need a small .40 sized plane right about now.
Old 08-02-2007, 10:24 AM
MAndren

ke4jjh,

The wings are not interchangeable. The Tango uses two wing dowels in the from while the Twist uses one. The Twist wing also has the part of the fuselage on the bottom of the wing and the Tango does not. For such a high wing 3D funfly plane it rolls very well. It is a plane that you want to fly to see what you can make it do since it is a different planform than other 3D/funfly planes and does for example upright flat spins extremely well. If you like the Twist then you will like the Tango too.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:13 PM
ke4jjh

Thanks Matt... Yeah I realized the wings were different once I went the web site and looked at the pics. Would have been nice though.
Well you make it sound pretty interesting. Tell those guys in the plant to crank that production up and get them in the stores so I can get one.

Are there any plans to make a Plug-N-Play?
Old 08-03-2007, 02:00 AM
rcflyer54

well that is intresting flying in the vid [:'(]
Old 08-30-2007, 12:10 AM
Superchipmunk91

I am awaiting the release of the Tango it just looks fun! I happen to see the servo's are external on the wings any one get a good look, the reason is because it looks like a good plane for floats.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:18 PM
baronpilot
My Feedback: (2)

If you want to 3D for real, get one of these:
http://www.swanyshouse.com/mojoarf/mojoarf.aspx

Anything else is a waste of money. Especially the Twist, Tango, U can't do, and the other junk 3D planes.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:06 PM
happypappy
My Feedback: (10)

Hey Baron, do you copy and paste that reply in ALL the posts?? Just saw your same exact reply in another post a minute ago. Guess all the other manufacturers should just go ahead and close their doors since there's only one plane that will 3D properly!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Superchipmunk91

that plane that baron posted looks like something made by accident with some elmers glue and a pile of toothpicks by a 5 year old and my concrete plane probably flies better to.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:03 AM
alpapilot

Nope. He's right. You won't know what a real 3D plane flies like until you have flow a profile.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:45 AM
baronpilot

Thanks former IAHFOREP. I saw the vid they have on their site. Whoopie. Great 3D'er. I saw one 3D maneuver. A flat spin. Great. Nice job. I'm sick of H9 and other big companies ripping off the public with crappy products. If it says in the description that it 3D's, then dangit, prove it.

Here are the problems with it, that I can see with out even flying one, or looking at the kit. First off, you don't want Frog from American Graffiti as the guy holding the plane for the publicity photo. Imagine how many they would sell if some hot girl was holding it, even if wearing a turtleneck. I digress...

The thing is a tank. Up to 6 lbs with 747 sq in wing area? That's way to heavy to 3D with the little engine in the vid. At least they suggest you can use a .82 Saito on there. 6 lbs requires at least a 1.0 saito. I have a plane that 3d's like a mo fo, or mojo, with a 56 in wing span, 6 lbs, built like a tank and with the 100.

Also, built in true H9 fashion, ya screw on the tail. What the F? This plane is not designed to handle abuse, and they only charge $119, so when you cartwheel it down the runway after a botched hi alpha KE because it's to short, has no rudder, and a high wing, you can still afford to replace it. I'm sure it will do a fine job as a trainer, but if it flies anything like the twist, you might as well just stomp on it as soon as you get it built.

Another design flaw that is obvious to some one who really cares, is cheap hardware. I'm tired of companies selling us crap when there is so much out there that's better, and really doesn't cost more.

Tailwheel arrangement sucks. One good tail drag down the runway and your rudder will rip off.

With that fat wing, I'm surprised they didn't put bigger control surfaces everywhere. They want it to 3d, right? Give us some flippers!

The landing gear looks just as solid as any other H9. Might as well rip them off when you get the kit so you know what to fix at the shop before it ruins your day at the field.

I'm sure it flies fine after adding a ton of weight to the nose.

I can't wait for the Rumba, or the Waltz, perhaps they will get it right with the Swing.

Don't get me wrong, H9 must be a great company, they get us to buy their stuff because of their glossy mag. I'm just tired of companies like this ripping off folks in this sport. With a bit of research, and work, they all can have a fantastic 3D'er that doesn't disappoint!

Brought to you by the members of the******************(dot)com. Please 3D responsibly, on the deck, where it belongs.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:04 AM
PaulSwany
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: Superchipmunk91

that plane that baron posted looks like something made by accident with some elmers glue and a pile of toothpicks by a 5 year old and my concrete plane probably flies better to.
Come to NashBro 27th - 30th in Leipers Fork, TN and fly mine..... If you still feel the same way, I'll buy you a drink. If you change your mind, then the drinks are on you and I'll probably have a new customer.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I3DFU
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: happypappy

Guess all the other manufacturers should just go ahead and close their doors since there's only one plane that will 3D properly!

[sm=thumbs_up.gif] I agree, once you've flown a Mojo there really is no point in another manufacturer trying to compete...........
Old 09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
baronpilot

Wait, more problems I see with the Fagno. Why put such a puny widdle moter on such a fat plane? When will H9 realize that to do 3D you need POWAH! One should put on a big 700-00Kv/rpm with a 5s 5500+ mAh. There are many combos out there that cost the same as H9's set up but way mo'better.

Crap, what am I saying. Just get a Mojo, Strailis, anything from OMP, anything from Kaltisen.

Seems as anything from H9 that suposedly does 2.9D (almost 3D, but not quite) ends up eating a perfectly good Mojo because some CJ decided to start their twist at WOT in the pits with out holding on to it. If you want to destroy some one elses plane, do it in a hover when they are least expecting it. That's the respectful way of doing it.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:04 PM
steedav8ranger

this thing could be fun, with a huge motor and a buttload of lead in the tail... but ill stick to real 3d planes called profiles. any 3d plane without 3d in the name will be a good one. trust me.

H9 calling this a 3d plane is hilarious.. sortof like saying if you buy and drive a geo metro, it will get you laid.

it will sell, dont get me wrong.. i just think per the video, it is not a 3d plane and it's more like a trainer with HUGE throws. hell, i made a friends piper cub hover and torque roll down on the deck before.. i guess H9 should add 3d to the name of their cubs now too lol!
Old 09-13-2007, 01:02 PM
keyman
My Feedback: (22)

Wow that video really sucked
Old 09-14-2007, 11:32 PM
JUGFLIER

Ouch. my eyes are bleeding. Help! That was three dee? Help i'm trapped in a nightmare! I think the low wing version will be called Cash.

Save yourselves from this nightmare, get a MOJO.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:54 PM
XJet
Banned

What on earth are you guys talking about -- that's a fantastic looking plane and if H9 says it'll 3D then that *must* be the case.

You profile fliers think everything has to be skinny and look like a paper-plane before it will fly.

You also think it has to be way-overpowered to be enjoyable.

Heck, I bet half you guys couldn't fly a decent circle if your life depended on it.

And what's wrong with putting an extra half-pound of lead in the nose -- it makes most planes far more stable and nicer to fly.

Good fliers don't need all that horsepower and those ugly great big control surfaces to fly properly. Hell, there are people at our club who can fly perfectly well without all that stuff.

One of the guys in our club can even hover his plane, probably better than you hot-shot profile fliers. Last weekend he had his 4*40 hovering for almost 5 seconds and he was doing right down on the deck - I swear he was at mo more than 300 feet!

You guys are just jealous that other people can afford to fly really good looking planes with character. My goodness, your Mojos and the like look pretty ugly when compared to a nice 4*40 or Piper Cub (especially if the cub has a nice revvy 2-stroke in it).

Oh -- what am I saying?

Am I crazy?

I thought *I* was a circle flier for a minute :-)

Sorry if I built up some hopes there -- but nothing 3Ds better than a good profile and "3D" seems to be a bullet-point that way too many ARF makers are throwing on the box in the hope they'll score a few more sales.

Yes, a skilled pilot (hi Bros :-) can 3D almost anything -- but it's much easier and more relaxing with a *real* 3D-capable plane. I'm afraid I really don't think the Tango is a good candidate for 3D.

Join the real 3Ders at The******************(dot)com

Want a taste of the brotherhood?

Check out [link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmEi5kegwEs]"Party like a ProBro"[/link] on YouTube.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.