Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

joss stick

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

joss stick

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 06:46 PM
rusty bucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default joss stick

what gives the best sport flying with the joss stick? A two stroke or four stroke and about what size engine. I have done the annhedral mod and changed the tail to a conventional square look from the round, and two servo's on the wing.

Thanks
rusty bucket
Old 08-02-2007, 07:12 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: joss stick

Rusty,

I had a Joss, also with anhedral. Mine was the ARC version they used to sell. I split the ailerons and added flaps and had crow set-up on it. I had several engines on it, including Thunder Tiger .61, OS .91FX, Magnum .91XLS, Magnum 1.08, OS 1.08, Saito .91. I would say the .91 4-stroke is the minimum. The .61 didn't pull it well at all. It actually flew better with the .91s than with the 1.08s I think because it was lighter and wasn't nose heavy. Were I to buy another, I'd put my Magnum 1.20 4-stroke on it.

I think it needs the servos in the rear because it tends to be nose heavy. It needs bigger ailerons-they are fairly narrow and the roll rate isn't up to what I like. It does need more power, for my anyway, than a .61 or .91 4-stroke. Probably the best would by one of the .91s with an Ultra Thrust or Jett tuned muffler.

How about sending me a good digital photo of you and the plane to [email protected]. I'll run it in my column. I love Sticks. Horizontal format, please. The editor won't take and tall vertical pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge95264.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	9.3 KB
ID:	734496   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61561.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	734497   Click image for larger version

Name:	In26153.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	734498  
Old 08-03-2007, 07:46 PM
rusty bucket

Thanks for the reply Ed. When I get it done I will send a picture. I also have mounted servo's in the rear. Again, thanks.

rusty bucket
Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 PM
mrbsltz

I've had my Joss Stik for about 8 years and have put on several engines on the front of it. This last month I put a YS 1.20 NC on it from a retired pattern ship, and it hauls the big guy along just fine, better than any of the 2 strokers I tried. Its the best I've tried. Yeahhhhhhhh
Old 08-09-2007, 05:32 AM
timmy45140
My Feedback: (20)

If this is referring to the Model Tech version a Saito 1.20 flies it very well. What benefits does the anhedral mod give to the plane?

Tim
Old 02-16-2009, 12:18 AM
vmgo22
My Feedback: (31)

I´m looking for the main wings of the Joss Stik..... Model Tech is not selling them any more....at least not for this moment. I have the fuselage and need the wings.

Anybody is selling wings?? If so, please let me know, I will pay fine for them.