Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Texas RC PLanes

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Texas RC PLanes

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 05:51 PM
grassroots

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Texas RC PLanes

Any one have the P-47 ARF from www.texasrcplanes.com

Or any other plane from them?

I have an Explorer L it's been okay, but it does have issues.

1.Covering will not stay wrinkle free, trim comes off easy
2.Gear blocks weak due to no glue used in this area
3.Stock pushrods not very good, holes for pushrod cut outs on wrong side of fuselage for rudder
4.Elevator joiner (China Hardwood) broke almost causing mine to crash

Once I got past all of this it's been an okay airplane, of course it's kind of ugly with the supplied covering!

On the upside:

1.Dirt cheap cost me about $78.00 to my door
2.They are close to me, ordered on Thursday, got it Friday evening, like overnight shipping without the cost
3.The plane flies very good, just like a Goldberg Tiger II
4.Owners are really nice (good customer service)

Anyway if anyone has pictures, or info to post lets start a thread about TXRCPLANES
Old 08-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Texas RC PLanes

They sell the same "run of the mill" stuff 20 other places sell which does not make them stand out, just blend in with the rest of it.
Old 08-03-2007, 09:34 PM
grassroots

Maybe they do have a lot of the same but then they also have some different planes as well.

For example CM models=Nitro Models, and Radientech. I don't think TXRC carries any of the CM models line.

The 40 size P-47 that TXRC carries is not like the 40 size P-47 NM, or RT carries.

The TXRC P-47 is built up bubble canopy, the CM is Fiberglass, wood, razorback.

That's why I was wondering if anyone here on RCU had any experience with TXRC P-47?

BTW TXRC has many of their models in stock, the other two companies have many listed as "out of stock"

Dan

Added some pictures:
Left one TXRC, Right one Radientech
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72834.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	735119   Click image for larger version

Name:	Av67437.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	735120  
Old 08-04-2007, 12:13 AM
Fastsky

If you are looking for another choice the 60 size P47 from Modeltech is fairly inexpensvie for the size. Other than needing more wood supports for the cowl and a Sullivan tail wheel assembly to replace the brittle nylon block, the plane seems to be fairly solid and so far has proven to be a nice flyer.

Name:	Ay76024.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	735246  
Old 08-04-2007, 07:46 PM
Cyclic Hardover

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I agree. Heres mine with a OS 1.08 inverted with lowered fuel tank. Runs and flys great

Name:	Qo41111.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	735794   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn41850.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	118.9 KB
ID:	735795  
Old 08-16-2007, 09:07 PM
grassroots

Wow what a flop this thread has been! Can't believe there has not been more input from people buying from TXRC!!!!

I was hoping to get something going!!!
Old 08-16-2007, 09:57 PM
Fastsky

Sorry, just never heard of them. If the planes are any good then threads will start showing up when flyers start talking about how they flew. [8D]
Old 08-16-2007, 10:09 PM
TLH101
My Feedback: (90)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They only opened up a few months ago, so they are not well known. There have been several threads asking about them on RCU.
Old 08-18-2007, 01:41 AM
opjose

BTW: If your trim is coming off easily, consider coating the entire plane in Top Flite Clear Koat.

This will prevent Nitrofuel from seeping in under the trim which dissolves the adhesive used on most Asian ARFs.

It's a simple fix.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:09 PM
mycarisaser

The people from texasrcplanes are really nice. I have spooken to them a few times(and there son and his friend too) and they were very helpful. I am looking at getting a couple of planes from them and converting them to electric. I like there cap 232(40 sized blue one) and the pole cat-51. When I can afford another one(hopefully very soon) I will let you all know how the quality and customer service is !
Old 10-25-2007, 10:35 PM
kojak41

I've bought two models and they are due tomorrow via UPS. They shipped same day,and are cheaper than other sources and have cheaper shipping. Will know more about quality tomorrow I hope.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:20 PM
Rube Goldberg

Myself and 2 other members of our local club have bought planes from Texasrcplanes.com with great results. One fellow purchased the Pole Cat, the other a relative newbie to the hobby that solo'd a Tower Hobbies trainer fuselage mated to a Sig Kadet wing.....hey, its called "recycle" ok? in less than a gallon of fuel picked up the low wing trainer with the flat bottom wing and is having a BLAST with that, and I picked up the Ouya 40.

The Ouya with a Saito FA-45 MK1 vintage 4 stroke weighed in at 4 lbs. 6 ounces ready to fly less fuel. It flew very well, but I wanted a little more ooom-pah-pah so I replaced the vintage FA-45 with a vintage FA-50. Haven't flown it since the engine swap but I should have a bit more power and cool better with the larger fins on the 50.

Only fault I can find with the plane is as others have said....the trim likes to come loose, and it is a type of covering that has a clear layer that comes up and leaves the colored layer stuck. Places like the wing saddles they could have used just another 1/4 inch of covering to fold over the saddle intstead of letting it start to release as well.

The wing joiner....I don't know what it is...looks like mahogany and is some kind of HARD! It's not a plywood but rather a single piece of wood. I can see the wing being destroyed before the joiner breaks, so no worries there.

Part of their offerings come from the CY Models factory in China www.cymodel.com and looks like they take their time making a quality ARF.

Like Texasrcplanes.com I'm a small business owner as well, and I like to support others that are trying to make a living like myself.

Rube
Old 10-25-2007, 11:36 PM
skiman762

ORIGINAL: 4000686798

Wow what a flop this thread has been! Can't believe there has not been more input from people buying from TXRC!!!!

The market has been so flooded with garbage over the last few years that people have stopped getting excited about new companies
people are getting tired of it, bad wood bad, glue joints and bad flying planes etc
They need to convince us otherwise or it will be slow going
Old 10-26-2007, 07:33 AM
RCVFR
My Feedback: (7)

ORIGINAL: skiman762

The market has been so flooded with garbage over the last few years that people have stopped getting excited about new companies
people are getting tired of it, bad wood bad, glue joints and bad flying planes etc
Gosh, it might get so bad that people will build their own models to get the high quality they want.

Nahhhh.............
Old 10-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Scar

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Jim Dines

ORIGINAL: skiman762

Gosh, it might get so bad that people will build their own models to get the high quality they want.

Nahhhh.............
Probably not. What has happened is that (as stated, if you actually read the posts) quality has improved, and suppliers find they must provide a proven ARF product.

Lamenting the BIY problems in the ARF forum is probably less than appropriate.

Dave Olson
Old 04-28-2008, 06:23 PM
38Lightening

Well I took the plunge! The shipping, I thought was a little spendy, but Robert at TRCP provided great presales support. He answered about 3 or 4 emails worth of questions. It took about a week to the Bay Area and double boxed, in fine shape it arrived at my door. I'm perfectly happy so far. For a Nitro plane it is a fairly light build. This is good because my plan is to go E-powered. The cowl could be thinner fiberglass, but it's beautiful. The covering is the best I've seen on any non-namebrand ARF, out of China. Not only from a material standpoint, but workmanship too. There is hardly a wrinkle on it. There are no bays for optional retracts or flaps, but at less than half the price of an H9, I'd give it a solid 8
Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
mycarisaser

I ended up getting the polecat 50. WOW what a great plane! I have converted it to electric with the help of texasrcplanes. What a good company. I am buying another one from them soon!
Old 04-28-2008, 08:14 PM
38Lightening

Well...... If you like warbirds and you fly electric..... The whole P-47 ARF weighs in at just under 3 lbs. and it's ginormous! 57" WS! I figure AUW will come in under 5 lbs. and that on top of 558 sq. inches of wing, should make a nice performer. If I here from some other folks that are interested, I might do a build thead
Old 04-29-2008, 03:59 AM
kojak41

[8D]I have two Texas RC models (Explorer L and ADVANCED LOW WING TRAINER). Both are good ARFs. Not perfect but well worth the money. I will certainly do business with them again. Because of the general rap on Nitro Models I did not get mine until several showed up at my flying field and I could actually see the product which is very satisfactory. Texas Models ships cheaper and actually have planes is stock and ship next day.

Mike H.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:53 PM
mycarisaser

ORIGINAL: 38Lightening

Well...... If you like warbirds and you fly electric..... The whole P-47 ARF weighs in at just under 3 lbs. and it's ginormous! 57" WS! I figure AUW will come in under 5 lbs. and that on top of 558 sq. inches of wing, should make a nice performer. If I here from some other folks that are interested, I might do a build thead

Do you have any pics? If it looks good and can fit my battery l think I might get it! I love the p47
Old 04-29-2008, 07:26 PM
38Lightening

Well, I don't know how big you battery is??? But unless it's a car battery, I'd say yes!! The fuse is cavernous. You may need to mod a mount, as I will. I'm waitng on a motor, so i can get an idea where the CG is without a battery. The opening in the cowl is big enough to slide it in under the motor, so the wing doesn't have to be removed to change it. But that idea will have to wait till i can see if it can go that far foward. Here's a quick peek at what it looks like. You gotta wanna Volt Bolt!

Name:	Xv64888.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	939972  
Old 04-30-2008, 02:18 PM
mycarisaser

man that thing looks sweet and a 3lb frame is great. My power system is a 50x55 htx and a 4350 25c 5s lipo= 1000watts
Old 04-30-2008, 04:53 PM
38Lightening

Should be more than enough. I'm going with a Turnigy 42-60 and 2x 2200 4s1p's in parallel. I think I''l try a Graupner 14x7 three blade. I'm going to initially fly it with the fixxed landing gear and if every things fine, with it's handling and performance, I'll carve into the wings and add retracts. I just did a B&W checked paint job on the cowl....it looks sweet