Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

VMAR quality issues

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

VMAR quality issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 04:38 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: VMAR quality issues

yes fellix, just goes to show you that some of the reviews are still worthless .That is why this site is so great , real people with real results .
I am glad I put my $300 in a great planes F14 , I was going to buy the F18 from Vmar for 329 .
I was luckey to find a builder who is currently building my kit for $250 .
Old 01-24-2006, 10:38 PM
chopo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

please put Fellixx's post back. It talks about how bad VMAR's customer service is with vulgarities at customers. And how their manuals are inconsistant between what you get in the box and online and how the CG points can be one of 5 on the Cessna Skylane.

Bad experiences with this company and hthis airplane. Better suited to choose GP over VMAR in this area. You will be glad you did
Old 01-24-2006, 10:56 PM
fellixx

I find it very interesting that my post was removed. I thought the whole idea here was to freely express our opinions as long as they were not vulgar or offensive. What I said was factually true about VMAR models as I was with my friend the whole time he was building his Cessna 182. I was even privy to the conversation he had with VMAR tech support. If my post was removed by mistake, then I can forgive that. If it was removed to protect VMAR, then maybe we should all reconsider posting here.
Old 01-24-2006, 11:16 PM
LDM

Interesting considering RCU did an online build that was favorable on the Vmar F4 .
I still think they are over priced /undervalued and questionalble on quality .
Everyone keeps telling me the F18 is $299, my ads show $329 plus shipping for a plane from a company that is questionable himmmmmm , thanks I will pass
Old 01-25-2006, 03:03 PM
fellixx

Well, this solves the mystery as to what happend to my post. I submit the following email I received two days ago that I only just read today. I intentionally deleted the name of the person who sent this to me.

"Sir-

I have been given information regarding your friends experience that would
prove contrary to what you have posted about them in RCU's forums. As such I
have temporarily removed your post until this can be further clarified. If you
have details surrounding your accusations regarding VMAR please share
everything you have so I can accurately make a decision. Thanks.

---
(name deleted)
Plane Insane
Administrator
RCUniverse.com"
Old 01-25-2006, 09:59 PM
djpiney
My Feedback: (3)

I have had a VMAR Areo Subaru plane for over a year, probably have over 250 flights on this plane, it has held up very well. Some pilots will have good luck some bad, but it all boils down to how you care for your plane before and aft every flight, I have no complants for a $139 plane if you want a plane to hold up like a million dollars your going to pay for it!
Old 01-26-2006, 06:29 AM
rhatcher1
My Feedback: (31)

I STAND BEHIND EVERY THING YOU HAVE SAID ABOUT VMAR PLANES. My Suburu is a great flying and durable plane, and i have flown it at 4 different clubs here in Va. Solid quick build and very scale...Tomahawk is next for me....Enjoy..Rich
Old 01-26-2006, 11:06 AM
fellixx

If you could see my original post you would both realize that I'm not complaining about how well their planes hold up. Really all I'm stating is that their manuals are useless (at least for the Cessna 182) and that their customer service people have been disrespectful to its customers. I will be the first to tell you they have some nice looking planes but when you call for assistance, you would expect to be treated in a respectful manor.

Really what should disturb anyone that voices a complaint about a manufacturer in these forums, is the apparent willingness of the administrators of this site to pull posts based on objections from manufacturers. My original post was general in content in that it did not give specific details about my friends experience. Yet somehow the administrators of this site miraculously have obtained information regarding my friends specific customer service experience. This to me seems very suspicious.
Old 01-26-2006, 11:00 PM
LDM

Wow fellixx sorry to hear that because I always thought this was the last frontier of honest communication !
Old 01-30-2006, 03:42 PM
c130j

I just bought a Vmar Texan 2, first impressions it looks pretty good. I just took it out of the box to inspect it. All covering looks pretty good with no bubbles and seems to be sealed pretty good. I will give you a update when I start building it.