Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Lifer
My Feedback: (1)

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Could the gas engines run off a single tank, and a single battery? An intriguing thought....
Old 11-30-2011, 01:44 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Single battery easily, single tank if done right. Remember these gas engines have a pump. When running mine for the first time it's on a test stand and the fuel can is about two feet below. But I personnally would not do it that way. I recently timed a 26cc, 40 min on a 16oz tank. So even with the smaller tanks one fill should be a couple of flights easily. Of course this is with throttle management.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:19 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Inverted with a pitts muffler and all one would see is the plug wire. No different than the nitro pipes on the side.
Old 11-30-2011, 02:37 PM
elojim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ve got two os 70 surpass, witch are on longer available. In my opinion, the two os 81 will be a very good choice..
Old 11-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Jyjkoz

Is the 95 too big.?Too much?
Old 11-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The only question with a 95 would be can you get a big enough tank for it into the nacelle?

I don't think it's too much power, and the extra weight would help with getting the CG. It would let you turn some really big three blade props and the airplane would look really nice. (Maybe 14 or 15"?)
Old 12-19-2011, 01:15 AM
raaf

HI MUSTANG
SORRY FOR THE INTRUSION BUT IM TRYING TO UPLOAD MY B25 PHOTOS BUT WITH NO LUCK.I SERIOUSLY NEED SOME WITH THIS SO I CALLED ON THE EXPERTS .
CHEERS RAAF
Old 12-19-2011, 05:02 AM
Mustang Fever

raaf:

Periodically I have trouble uploading photos on RCU. This is what I've run into and how I've gotten around it:

1. Many times after writing a post, when I try to upload photos I'll get some kind of message telling me I can't do it. I copy my post, cancel it, then exit RCU and come back. I paste the post back in, then quickly upload the photos and everything works ok.

2. I'll get to the "properties" section of each photo, get into "advanced" and there's a place where I can compress the files to save space. These seem to upload much easier than non compressed.

I think a lot of it just has to do with how busy RCU or your server is at the time you try.

I just now uploaded this photo after writing the post, and it worked OK. All of this is based on JPEG, GIF and PDF. I don't have any experience with other formats.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11767.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	120.9 KB
ID:	1702087  
Old 12-19-2011, 05:32 AM
RCGuy41

Gents,

As to the size of your pictures being posted, mustangfever you are right RCU has a size limit when using their upload feature. I would recommend you resize each digital picture down to 680 X 480 and then attempt repost said picture, I have had great success with that process and I have been posting for a few years. All that one needs is a basic photo processing program to resize any digital picture, there are plenty of free photo processing programs on the web, my personal program is windows photo gallery live, but I also know each person has their own tastes and your computer has a different OS then mine. In a nut shell just resize your pics and you shouldn't have a problem uploading them to RCU, just my 2 cents.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:36 PM
Speedracer2112

Took her out today at a new air field. Like she used to, she draws a crowd again. She had lost all respect at my old field.

Nasty 20 mph wind straight down the runway with no gusts. Flight was great and landed at 1/2 throttle no flaps moving in slow motion. Crazy stuff.

In her post flight check I noticed her wings are loose. Then I noticed her fusalage is weakening. Granted she has way over 400 or 500 flights on her but I think shes wearing out. She needs another set of tires again too. 5th or 6th set so far. I've been way rough on her in the air but the landings have always been gentle. Never crashed either. This is a new situation for me. Ive never retired a plane before. I think shes done flying. [&o] I just dont think I could handle watching her have a structural failure and drilling into the ground. I've had quite a few people tell me she loves me and I think she does too. Shes always received a rub and a pat on the back after every flight. Feels wrong not to let a plane fly.

I'm going to have to decommission her.

Its a sad day.

SR

Name:	Ca76859.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1707896  
Old 01-01-2012, 03:41 AM
Lifer

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts

It speaks well of your flying skills. Donate the plane for display at a school or a local airport.
Old 01-01-2012, 07:16 AM
Far_high

Hi SR

Happy new year!

Sad to ear that you have to retire this beautiful plane! Like life, old poeple let place for younger......i am building my new baby ...a B-25...plan to finish it this spring.

I am glad to see that this plane can made a lot of fly i dont spend 100 of hours for nothing. I will equip mine with 2 Saito FA 90T my cristmas present...from me.

i wish you a new plane that will make you smile as a flying B-25 do!

Good luck

PS: Speaking of your flying skill... I agree with Lifer....you have great one! Cheer!

Far_High
Old 01-06-2012, 05:21 PM
Speedracer2112

ORIGINAL: Far_high

PS: Speaking of your flying skill... I agree with Lifer....you have great one! Cheer!

Far_High
Thank you both. I wish it was flying skills that kept her flying. I really dont think it is. Anyone can fly this plane. I think it has been blown way out of matter of fact. I crashed my first one on her maiden. Totally my fault. If you set this plane up correctly, and do maintenace on her AND make sure she is completely ready to fly every time......... She will last a very long time.

All of my 400+ flights and one flame out. My muffler came loose and sheared off my pressure line. I knew it was loose and flew anyway. Nasty death spin but made it out alive. Changed my fuel lines every season. Nacelle tear down and inspection every 25 flights. I was obsessed with her being perfect before every flight or she didnt fly.

She is just a big plane. Not that big tho. I do not have a bunch of complicated stuff on board. In my humble opinion, I would avoid all of it. Make her a big Cessna. Keep it simple and be insistant on perfection. Especially the motors. A lot of the guys here have experience with that stuff and its not a new part of a new plane. If you havent done it before, dont do it on this plane. Test it somewhere else and maybe add it here later. I have thought of placing all of the gadgets on my plane at some time or another. I did put glow drivers and a synchronizer on my B-17. Lasted about a week and I took them all off.

She is in line for a strip down. I want to see exactly what the issue is and see if I can fix it. I have another plane on the table right now that has all of the 12' work table taken up.

Cheers.

SR

Name:	Ec89672.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1710554  
Old 01-06-2012, 06:42 PM
Mustang Fever

SR:

I agree with you 100%. I kept mine as light and as simple as possible (fixed gear, OS 55AXs). I did use two receivers, just to make the wiring a little easier.

My flight routine is always the same; fuel up, startup, warm up, check both engines for high/low rpm and throttle response, shut down, refuel, start up and go flying. I change plugs once a season. She's my first twin (glow) and you're right: she flies like a great big sport plane.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:08 AM
djstar39
My Feedback: (4)

Jaime, the 17 is looking awesome!!!

Dave
Old 01-09-2012, 05:31 PM
JBoyd58

Can anyone tell me what a good 3-blade prop size is, for the OS 81FSA MOTOR? Thanks!
Old 01-10-2012, 05:35 AM
RCGuy41

You can try a Master Airscrew 12X6 or 12X8 rpm range should be around 9500 to 10000.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:46 AM
RCGuy41

SR,

Very nice B-17, what other neet little gadgets are you going to put into her. As for your B-25, Normand first posted about his problem and loose wings. What Normand found out and it occured over time, the wing rod tubes going through the main fuse were e-longgating causing slop in the wing tube. Over one winter he broke his B-25 down and very carefully cut out the fiber glass tubes and replaced all the hard wood and reglued the fiberglass tube back into the airframe. If the outer wing panels are having the same problem, major surgery is called for to fix them to include the inner wing panels. Just my two cents, hope every body has had a Happy New year, in Southern Maryland it feels like spring instead of winter, we had snow yesterday but was to warm for it to stick.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Speedracer2112

ORIGINAL: JBoyd58

Can anyone tell me what a good 3-blade prop size is, for the OS 81FSA MOTOR? Thanks!
12x8 MA props look good but performance goes south. I put APC 13x7 two blade. Very fast.

SR
Old 01-10-2012, 04:56 PM
Speedracer2112

ORIGINAL: RCGuy41

SR,

Very nice B-17, what other neet little gadgets are you going to put into her.
I cant highjack the thread but She will be stripped down. You guys are the masters of the gizzmos. I found that I don't like or need them and would most likely crash my plane if I put them on.[:'(]

Here is the thread. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE drop by. It is totally dead. I wish I had done the thread here on RCU. I am the only person posting. 87 of the posts are mine out of about, well, 87. [&o]

http://www.rcscalebuilder.com/forum/...TID=17751&PN=1

ORIGINAL: RCGuy41

As for your B-25, Normand first posted about his problem and loose wings. What Normand found out and it occured over time, the wing rod tubes going through the main fuse were e-longgating causing slop in the wing tube. Over one winter he broke his B-25 down and very carefully cut out the fiber glass tubes and replaced all the hard wood and reglued the fiberglass tube back into the airframe. If the outer wing panels are having the same problem, major surgery is called for to fix them to include the inner wing panels. Just my two cents, hope every body has had a Happy New year, in Southern Maryland it feels like spring instead of winter, we had snow yesterday but was to warm for it to stick.
Really? I am going to tear her down and fix her. I just cant live without her. My outers are still nice and tight.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSQtILcbMrE[/youtube]

SR
Old 01-10-2012, 06:48 PM
ronbell

[/quote]

Really? I am going to tear her down and fix her. I just cant live without her. My outers are still nice and tight.

SR
[/quote]

Excellent news!
Old 01-11-2012, 07:51 PM
JBoyd58

Before I make a maiden on my B-25 (still putting it together). I'd like some input from you B-25 owners and flyers.
Based on your first flight, did you have to add none, some or a lot of elev. down trim for level flight?
Would it be wise to set some down elevator (by trim or linkage) for the first flight. If so how much? Seems some
maiden flights need a fair amount of elev. down trim. Thanks!
Old 01-12-2012, 01:15 PM
djstar39
My Feedback: (4)

It's been awhile but I don't think I needed any down elevator trim on the maiden other than a click or two either way.

Have mine on the bench with the cowls off doing some PM. Those nacelles are a pain to get off and on! [&:]

Dave
Old 01-13-2012, 05:00 PM
ronbell

Hi JBoyd58 - I maidened by B-25 last October. I only needed one or two clicks of elevator adjustment but was surprised by how much right aileron was needed. Also, I would be careful about dialing in too much down elevator with the flaps - I saw that others hadfound the value in the manual to be too high so I started at half that amount and it wasn't too far off.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:02 PM
JBoyd58

Thanks guys for the info, this will be helpfull!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.