Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Top Flite B-25 ARF (Tecnical, tips, suggestions)

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 07:01 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hay Raaf,
I love your rebuild. I did manage to get two new engine cowls...but I am rebuilding mine now. All new coverings...and wish I had all my plastic parts and all the up grades I saw for this bird. The top gun turret is one I would love to have too. I will finish the build...and if I can find two nice Super Tiger G90's, I would power mine with these. The model originally had two 72 four strokes...and to me it was under powered. When I was given the model, I pulled the engines, was able to locate two new cowls...but no glass for the kit. If I am in serious need of all the plastic and glass for the kit.
Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 01-05-2017, 04:19 AM
raaf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi bob
thanks....i know what you mean about parts theyre impossible to get.just a thought there are a few different arf's around with spares that may fit the top flight kit be worth looking in to..

cheers shayne
Old 01-07-2017, 08:59 AM
rafeeki
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bobby, take a look at this link they have the glass although v slightly smaller. Worked for me though after some modification to the nose gunners cockpit.
https://parkflyerplastics.com/cart/i...3&keyword=b-25

I am in need for the wing tubes. They are of very thin aluminum with nylon inserts... Might try to get my hand on carbon fiber tubes.

ANY SUGGESTIONS?
Old 08-08-2017, 08:14 AM
Corsair2013
My Feedback: (2)

If anyone has a B25 or had a TF B25 I have an issue. I just finished a build and noticed that my elevator hits the horns on the rudder when going down. I know it said to push the elevators towards the fuse but even if I had pushed them all the way to touching the horn would still hit the elevator. Did I do something wrong?

Also - if anyone has a Cowl I would purchase........

Thanks

Keith
Old 02-11-2018, 11:06 AM
JustPlaneSweet

Unhappy

I'm finally able to talk about it. Finished my B-25 and totally destroyed it on the maiden. At least the engines sounded great on takeoff.

I have a vacuum forming plug for the nose. I have unfinished plugs for the windshield, turret and tailgunner. I have both nacelle covers with gear doors hinged like RcDon showed on his website.

I have a turret gunner canopy (drilled for #0 mtg screws) and a tailgunner cover with intact canopy. It has been modified to dowel into the fuselage to allow for the LED machine gun barrels.

If anyone is interested in any or all of it, shoot me a PM.

Stan
Old 02-11-2018, 11:45 AM
gregory.aldrich1
My Feedback: (9)

Tough break JPS. I flew mine a total of five or six times and each was as nerve racking as the next. I could never get over the fact I had spent 300 plus hours building the thing. She was beautiful and like any beautiful thing we love, sometimes the burden of keeping them outweighs the relief of getting rid of them. So, I sold mine. I was sad and I miss it, but I couldn't get over the fright of flying the thing although it really did fly like a much easier bird. It was the fear of loosing an engine, or one of the simple electronic devices going wonky and costing thousands in a loss. Been there and done that. Anyway, sorry you didn't get the pleasure of at least one flight safe and sound.
As for the extra parts, good luck. Hopefully plenty of folks are still building the bird although I guess it's been discontinued in production.

Greg
Old 02-11-2018, 03:57 PM
Corsair Bill

JPS, sorry for you loss. What happened if you care to share?. I'm still flying my TF B-25, lost of flights a few white knuckle landings but so far so good. Best of luck to you on your next RC plane.

Regards Bill
Old 02-12-2018, 03:44 AM
barzini
My Feedback: (4)

My buddy and I love flying our Top Flite B-25's I had two,one with Saito 82's which I traded and my current one has OS 91 four strokes.They fly great and attract lots of attention at the field.They are not difficult to fly as long as you don't try to lean the engines out too much and give it a nice run-out before take off.Landings are very smooth and I normally use half flaps.Theres still a few out there but its tough to find parts.Another really nice ARF that's been discontinued.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:51 AM
JustPlaneSweet

Originally Posted by Corsair Bill
JPS, sorry for you loss. What happened if you care to share?. I'm still flying my TF B-25, lost of flights a few white knuckle landings but so far so good. Best of luck to you on your next RC plane.

Regards Bill
I took off south into the wind and turned east. The plane was very sluggish and severely banked against the wind to turn. The plane was getting further out as I was trying to turn north. My spotter asked if I was using any rudder as scale birds usually need coordinated turns.

So when I touched the rudder the plane immediately went into a spinning dive. I was able to stop the spinning but I did not have enough altitude to come out of the dive. Total loss.

When I handled my transmitter to my buddy so I could pick up the pieces I noticed the heading hold gyro was on. Aaaargh.

Stan
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-14 14.52.07 small.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	478.0 KB
ID:	2254661   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-14 14.52.18 small.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	455.7 KB
ID:	2254662   Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-05-14 14.52.38 small.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	394.4 KB
ID:	2254663  
Old 02-14-2018, 11:38 AM
rafeeki

Default Cowls

If the cowls are in good condition would you be willing to sell them?

Thanks

Rafeek
Old 02-14-2018, 07:15 PM
Bob Paris

Hay Guys,
I am in need of any class for this airframe. I manage to get a T.F. B-25, but need pilot, nose and any other glass or detail for the model.
Please let me know.
Aloha,
Bob Paris
Old 02-15-2018, 06:01 AM
Corsair Bill

JPS, ouch!!!! Thanks for aharing

Bill
Old 05-28-2019, 03:53 AM
rantanplan

Hi everyone,
I have recently purchased an old TF B25 that was coming from a Restaurant. It was initially build as static model so has some parts missing; mainly the wooden nacelle structures . I'm not able to find a plan in the internet to rebuild them myself so I guess if someone has a plan, a set of good pictures so I can make my own plans, or even a wooden nacelles coming from a total loss or from parts stock. I could be also interested to purchase a set of 4S engines for this model and even the retracts always depending on the Price and the cost to send them to Europe.
Someone?
Thanks.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:45 PM
orleck
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by rantanplan
Hi everyone,
I have recently purchased an old TF B25 that was coming from a Restaurant. It was initially build as static model so has some parts missing; mainly the wooden nacelle structures . I'm not able to find a plan in the internet to rebuild them myself so I guess if someone has a plan, a set of good pictures so I can make my own plans, or even a wooden nacelles coming from a total loss or from parts stock. I could be also interested to purchase a set of 4S engines for this model and even the retracts always depending on the Price and the cost to send them to Europe.
Someone?
Thanks.
Did you find a solution to your missing wooden nacelle problem? If not, I thought I may be able to at least send photos of mine.
Old 02-23-2020, 06:04 PM
keathebch

Does anyone know someone who has a nose or can make the nose or has a plug for making the nose?
Thanks
Old 02-23-2020, 06:13 PM
pilotdude57

If you give me the three view drawings and dimensions I can print out a plug on a 3D printer, then make a rubber mold, then make a hi-temp urethane plug, and make a nose piece on my vacuum-forming machine. [email protected]
Old 02-25-2020, 10:28 AM
rafeeki

Default B-25 nose cone

There is a long story to tell.
I made the same inquiry few years ago. As I mentioned it to a gentleman who was selling his full plane but was unable to. He decided to send me few nose pieces, nacels, wings, and tail piece after he gave up on selling his plane. He also included cast gypsum plugs of the front cone and several other pieces. Some are still in bubble wrapping but few may be cracked. I will unwrap and lay them out and post a picture.

As I will not be using the plugs I will pass them along free of charge but will ask whomever wants them to pay for shipping. Which is what I ended up paying

The person who sent me the stuff is a real honorable person and should be commended. I have misplaced his name but I hope he checks out this thread.

As the nose cone is the most vulnerable part of this exquisite plane. It is in high demand.
Will whomever receives the plug be willing to produce the nose cone and make it available to others at a reasonable cost????

Thank you for being part of this thread
Rafeek

Last edited by rafeeki; 02-25-2020 at 10:31 AM. Reason: Tweaking
Old 02-25-2020, 03:53 PM
rafeeki

Here are the plugs I got

As you can see the pilot canopy plug is broken but all the parts are there. It is repairable.

Last edited by rafeeki; 02-26-2020 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Tweaking
Old 03-21-2020, 09:32 PM
Bob Paris

I am in need of a set of glass for the Top Flight B-25. I managed to get a hanger queen with damage. I fixed the damage, recovered and even found two cowls for it. I need all the plastic glass for the Bomber.
Thanks,
Soft landings always,
Bobby of Maui
Old 03-22-2020, 01:43 PM
rafeeki

Bob
I have the molds in my previous link if you want them, free. They are heavy. Not sure what the cost for mailing them would be.

Let me know
Old 08-03-2020, 08:55 AM
orleck

Just wondering if all those Top Flite B-25s are still in the air? The reason I ask is I started mine years ago and put it aside for longer than I care to admit.
Now that I am retired, I had thought I would have all this spare time to finish it. I wonder if I have waited too long and maybe missed my window of opportunity\confidence.
Certainly the reduced flying due to the pandemic hasn't helped. What to do, what to do . . . .
Old 08-03-2020, 10:47 AM
CCFPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by orleck
Just wondering if all those Top Flite B-25s are still in the air? The reason I ask is I started mine years ago and put it aside for longer than I care to admit.
Now that I am retired, I had thought I would have all this spare time to finish it. I wonder if I have waited too long and maybe missed my window of opportunity\confidence.
Certainly the reduced flying due to the pandemic hasn't helped. What to do, what to do . . . .
The plane flys great. You should finish it and fly.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:03 AM
rafeeki

Dont even think of it, dont waste your time. Get at it. It is easy except for the nacells where the landing gear and door mechanisim is.
Love it, will attach pics once I download them.
Old 08-03-2020, 11:32 AM
orleck

"easy except for the nacells where the landing gear and door mechanisim is." . . . . funny that is where I originally bogged down and often thought if only I would have settled for the fixed gear I'd have been flying it for years now.

Thanks to both of you . . . I am encouraged !
Old 08-03-2020, 12:44 PM
rafeeki

Orleck
As you see this is message #3275 of this forum. It would be enlightening if you go through some of them to see the different approaches to various parts of this build.

If you are daring I would suggest you open up the fuselage for access to the nose gear servo. In my case I used the same chanell for rudder and nose gear so it was tricky to get it to track.

In any case feel free to get back here and explore.
Best
Rafeek
[email protected]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.