Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Which one? Extra-Ultimate-STA?

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Which one? Extra-Ultimate-STA?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2002, 11:13 AM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which one? Extra-Ultimate-STA?

I know this question has been asked before, but not by me. I want to purchase a large ARF but am getting mixed signals on everything I seem to like. First, I wanted the Sig Extra but there were "tail" problems. Next was the Dave Patrick Extra (really liked this one) but weight and customer service seemed to be a problem. Next was the DP Ultimate but there are none to be had for at least six weeks. The only one left I've really heard nothing bad about is the GP Ryan STA or the new Pitts. The fact that I have a brand new Magnum 120 four stroke leans me towards the STA but am open to all comments. The reason for this post is that I hope to tap that huge bank of RC knowledge out there and get some positive feedback.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:37 PM
Bryant330L
My Feedback: (126)

Not sure about the planes you have listed, but I would recommend the Lanier Edge 540. I have heard people say that it is the best, straightest plane they have flown and I agree. It is really nice to say the least. However, I don't think your 120 would be enough motor to do it justice. The Goldberg Ultimate ARF would be a great choice for your 120. I hade one of those with a Surpass 120 and it was a great combo. Have fun with whatever you decide on!
Old 03-02-2002, 06:05 PM
TailTwister
My Feedback: (1)

I have to agree. The Magnum is no Top Gun power wise. It would fly the Ryan however. The Ryan is a slower aerobat, and probably would fly well, but by no means unlimited. The Goldberg Ultimate is a SUPER plane. I'm flying my second one now and it still manages to surprise me how easily it does everything. The Magnum would probably be OK. I fly mine on a 120 Webra and it has absurd power. Your four stroke would be pretty nice.