Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H9 Ultra Stick 120

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H9 Ultra Stick 120

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 12:51 PM
FlyerRick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Ultra Stick 120

I have a 120 Stick and I know the kit says that it will take up to a 4stroke 180...what I'd like to know is if I could use my Saito FA220 in this plane? Has any one seen this application before? I realize that my Saito 220 is about is about 5oz's heavier than the Saito 180 but the overall size is pretty close!
Any suggestions or ideas here will be greatly appreciated!

Old 12-23-2007, 10:13 AM
GmanBill
My Feedback: (10)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: H9 Ultra Stick 120

Rick I have even seen them converted to gas, we have guys that have MVVS Or Evolution 2.15s on them and one guy has a 50cc on one. The only thing that I suggest is go through all the glue joints on the plane while you are putting the motor on. after that go out and have fun, if people ask you why you can use my quote, "because I can", and remember throttle control is a great thing to learn early in flying, there is no such thing as too much if you have good throttle control.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:49 PM
RVator
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: H9 Ultra Stick 120

You might need bigger wheels and maybe even taller gear for prop clearence. Iam not sure what prop a 220 needs 18 or even 20 inch. Everyone seems to worry about the stock tailwheel but we always used them. Its just used to hold the tail off the ground when the engine isn't running. As soon as you push the left stick up its flying. Have fun!