Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1909

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Hangar 9 40 Size Piper Pawnee!!!

Barbie fits nicely:

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pn36119.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	1770364   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bw72918.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	66.4 KB 
ID:	1770365  

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Test flight of my new Pawnee went well, looks good inits new colour scheme. Still got some more detail to do in the cockpit and fit a pilot. Climbs like a homesick angel with the ASP91fs and most flying is done at 1/4 to 1/2 throttle. Running a 14x6 prop and this seems to be a good combination. Landings were nice and slow with full flap. Truely one of my favourite planes to fly.

Cheers and happy flying to all

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Comgratulations! I hope you get many eyars out of the plane. It's strange when you sell a plane - you start to miss it, but I know you'll get much more use that I ever would. How much flap do you use ('true flap') just out of interest?

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks Steve, you don't realise how much you miss flying a plane till you fly it again. Its been nearly 3yrs since my last Pawnee and it is just a sweet plane to fly. I have the flaps set up in 2 stages. 1st flap is about 40degrees and full is around 80. The real Pawnee at full flup is around 80 to 85degrees. I hope you get enjoyment out of your other planes Steve, i really liked your Porter and i reckon you could have a lot of fun with that.

Cheers and happy flying

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hello,

Has anybody installed a 120 four cycle on this plane? Would it be too much? I have seen people installing a 20cc gas engine and if I am not mistaken I once read about someone installing a DLE 30?

JC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi JC,
    It really comes down to what sort of flying you want to. If you are intending to aerotow you need that bit of extra power. I have a 91fs in mine and it is overpowered. It takes of on only 1/3 throttle and most flying is done at half or less. It is nice to have the extra power there thou.

Cheers and happy flying

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I installed a YS 115 in mine. This engine is 4 stroke supercharged.

With a 16 x 9 3 blade prop I get 15 pounds of thrust, at about 10,500rpm. 15% nitro fuel.

My Pawnee has tow hooks for sailplanes and banners.

You can look at my previous posts on page 70 of this forum for photos: http://images.rcuniverse.com/forum/u...42/Av68324.jpg
    Steve1Mac, Palos RC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks piperpawnee235 and steve1mac for the replies. I have been thinking much about this airplane. I have a magnum 120 on the shelve. I had seen the pictures posted with the YS 115 and remember thinking this is a more powerful engine that my 120. I might make this my next plane. My Magnum 120 should just fly it the way I like my airplanes to fly.

Thanks.

JC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Hi,

Just take into account the extra weight you place at the front that you will have to balance by placing the rudder and tail servos at the back of the plane.
    Myne is equiped with an OS110FSa which has the same dimensions of the FS90.
    My intention was also towing activities but did'nt worked yet on the issue.
    I placed also some pict in this theard.

Cheeers

Philippe

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Absolutely!. That should be taken into consideration. Thanks for the heads up.

JC

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

OK folks.....I hadnt read any responses yet as to my inquiry about sprayer systems to purchase for this Piper Pawnee....any thoughts???
    I ordered a new cowl for this thing also as the old one got cracked some when it landed hard, but Horizon Hobby had it on backorder. Ithen was loading my enclosed trailer up for a 500 plus mile trip to Rapid City, SD for a large scale flying event sponsored by the Flying Giants forum group where they take Giant Scale acrobatic aircraft and "HUCK" them near the ground.....kinda like showing off low crop-dusting skills....only flying vertically hanging on the prop.....HAHA.....anyhow.....Itripped on my big feet and booted the canopy of the Pawnee while it was sitting in its transport cradle in the trailer on the floor and cracked the canopy in numerous places.....some clear shipping tape held it all in place quite nicely while I got back online and ordered the new canopy along with the engine cowl that had come back off of backorder status...Those packages arrived here last week safe and sound, but life got in the way and I haven't been able to get them installed just yet.
    Good thing the installation was put off as here at the field this past Sunday morning while flying my Piper Pawnee, upon takeoff just as I was about 5 to 10 feet up in elevation above the runway and starting to turn out to the takeoff pattern the Saito .82 dies at that low altitude and flight speed and naturally a crash landing is immenent. Now comes some minimal structural damage to the landing gear area of the fuselage plywood and mounting block areas with the obligatory need for re-covering that area after commencing the repairs.....one wheel hub plastic got broken and torn apart in several places and it will be better to effect a replacement of the wheel assembly on that side.....but alas.....when looking on Horizon Hobbies website.....the two wheel assembly package is on backorder also.....no telling how long thats going to take to get back in stock yet either....The wire landing gear itself has bend and mutilated the really poor spot welds on the cross brace wire strut of the landing gear so I also ordered the wire gear and will now effect repairs and strenghtening the old design of the wire gear also and that will give me a spare set to keep on hand.
    Of course I could always just open up the brand new sealed carton that contains my previously ordered ARF kit from Singer Hobby of this Piper Pawnee and rob pieces and parts out of that sealed up ARF kit but I am trying to advertise that ARF and sell it for what I had in it when I ordered it from Singer Hobby online. If anyone would like this sealed up never opened ARF just shoot me a PM and we can figure out the particulars for you to recieve this wonderful plane.

Iam still loving this Piper Pawnee and the gentle way it flies and the good looking covering scheme is definitely a huge hit with everyone at the club here.
    Let me know if anyone has information on sprayer kits and hopper setups for this plane also for sale. Thanks again,
    Mark
    \"There are more planes in the ocean than submarines in the sky\"
    Club Saito Member # 777, Cub Brotherhood #124

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

I broke one of my hubs and ended up using DuBro wheels. Almost the same but the hub has a different screw pattern, I have one on one side and the stock on the other and a spare in the kit.

Harry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Been there,done that
    I\"m tired of airplanes.I just want one more.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

What's the chances of you having that particular DuBro part number for the wheels by chance?....Any luck there maybe?.....One can always hope so anyhow........Thank You very much in advance.

ORIGINAL: flyallday

I broke one of my hubs and ended up using DuBro wheels. Almost the same but the hub has a different screw pattern, I have one on one side and the stock on the other and a spare in the kit.

Harry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

ORIGINAL: tenspeed59

What's the chances of you having that particular DuBro part number for the wheels by chance?....Any luck there maybe?.....One can always hope so anyhow........Thank You very much in advance.

Harry
    Dubro cat#338TLC, still had one in the package. The stock ones are cheaper but never in stock when you need them.

Harry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thanks for the speedy and quick response....very much obliged for the information and assistance.
    Mark

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

No problem, just want to add that the tires are identical but the hub and wheel cap are different. The cap screws on (which I like better) and the stock just pushes on. The cap has "CUB" on it that I sanded off and painted white.

Harry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Harry,
    It was a really BADDDDD omen when I started my takeoff rollout.....the port side hubcap popped off as I was rolling out just before I lifted off I saw it rolling down the runway as I bounced along on takeoff....once in the air I am certain that that missing hubcap disrupted the airflow going into the carburetor of the SAITO .82 engine and that is no doubt why it died as I was lifting off......LOLOL.....I like the idea of the screw on hubcaps....no more airflow disruptions and dead stick takeoffs then.....HAHAHA!!!!

Thanks again,
    Mark

No problem, just want to add that the tires are identical but the hub and wheel cap are different. The cap screws on (which I like better) and the stock just pushes on. The cap has "CUB" on it that I sanded off and painted white.

Harry

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Thats too funny - reminds me of when I left the window open in my truck, I blamed a vicious tip stall on that .

Harry

I finally finished up the mods on my Pawnee and set off to the field this morning. After a long absence from the flight line, it felt good to have her back in the air.
    In between the scattered showers, I managed three flights before the temps and humidity took the fun out of things. I'd nearly forgotten how much I enjoy this plane.
    Cheers!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tr50044.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	1784511   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vq52137.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	1784512  
    AMA #872535 Club Saito Member #570
    www.skysharksrc.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

LOOKINGGREATTTT!!!!!

Thanks
    www.skysharksrc.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Looks great BH51, great to see someone else has gone for a proper Pawnee colour scheme instead of the Hanger 9 scheme that i have never seen on any Pawnee

Thanks PP235. I'm happy with the results.
    I never really cared for the original H9 colors on the Pawnee.
    Cheers!
    www.skysharksrc.org

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

my plan was to always recover mine, hence the colour scheme of the glider tug that tows me up in full size gliders. It really turns heads when i fly it at the gliding club

Page 72 of 77 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast