Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2003, 12:05 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

According to a post reply The designer MJ is no longer affiliated wit
Fusco.
Old 07-25-2003, 03:05 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Glad there was notification

I have asked for a refund on the King Air (yes, I paid up front for one in February).

I'll be attempting to get a charge back on September 5th on the Berkut if it isn't sitting in my girlfriend's garage on that date. That's 42 days until the ordeal is over for me one way or the other.

I am surprised that Mike James thinks that he'll get any takers on his King Air after all the BS I/we've been through. The only way that is going to happen for me is if I see it sitting in a hobby shop.

What a royal $%#@-up

Don
Old 07-25-2003, 03:45 PM
zapper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by MOTORMAN17
Has anyone just drove there to pick up there model, this would prevent any shipping excuses and maybe you could see for yourself what really is going on with your money. This appears from all the posts to be a scam.

This is just my opinion.
Drive to where motorman17? If someone, the originator of this thread possibly, will post a picture of a factory, warehouse, staging area or garage with with Long EZS in the box and furnish an address......but that's apparently not going to happen is it....
Old 07-25-2003, 04:51 PM
Mike James

Default Final comment from Mike James

As of the end of the Berkut project, I am no longer affiliated with any manufacturer. All of my other projects previously advertised by Fusco Aircraft and their distributors remain my property, and I will continue on as before, completing them on my own. All updates on my web site are dated, so there's never a mystery about the status of a project. And, I might add, there's not a single item "for sale" on my site. If I'm able to make some kits available in the future, great. But that is not, and never has been my motivation for doing them. I simply enjoy doing them, and will share them with others if I can.

I can't comment much further, for several reasons:

1. I worked as an independent contractor for Fusco Aircraft, in the capacity of designer/developer for the Berkut project. I was never a financial partner in any way, and never signed any agreements regarding any other projects. As part of my Berkut contract, I signed a non-disclosure agreement, and would be violating it to get involved in further Fusco Aircraft issues.

2. I enjoy participating on RCU, and intend to continue doing so. I have promised Marc (RCU administrator) that I would not get involved in any Fusco Aircraft issues, and I won't, outside of this one statement.

3. Everyone can post whatever they want, of course, within the realm of what RCU moderators allow, but it's my opinion and wish, that all Fusco-related issues be confined to Fusco-related threads. Since I'm not involved with Fusco Aircraft, and won't be making comments on them, there's no point in "polluting" other threads with those discussions. It will only make every thread "off topic", and serves no purpose.

I can say this though...
It's my belief that Val'a Fusco will deliver all the remaining Berkut orders as quickly as he can, and it's also my belief that he is sincere. I've never believed that he was involved in a "scam" of any kind... just some unexpected delays. Questions and complaints ought to be addressed to the company involved, since none of the problems will ever be solved by speculating on RCU. The proof of that is painfully obvious, if you look at the threads that exist now. I will make no further comments, since I have no knowledge of Fusco Aircraft business anyway.

- Mike James
Old 07-25-2003, 06:53 PM
TX-Deck

Thank you Mike, and happy sanding to you.

I'll be sure to drop by your website from time to time and see what's going on up there in the north.

Take it easy, see you in clearer parts of the sky!

TX-Deck
Old 07-25-2003, 07:46 PM
Iflyglow

Sloper 10
Why the heck are you jumping all over me? : I was just trying to make a suggestion to prevent the shipping excuses. I was going to order one originally, but the CAD drawings with no actual model pictures, and the fact that you had to prepay kind of sent a red flag up for me. I have been following the posts since the beginning and this is the cream of the crop. I guess next week I will just drool over the real ones at the EAA because I will not put up with the horse sh** to get a model.

Just my opinion on this apparent mess
Old 07-25-2003, 07:59 PM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

Motorman I do not think Sloper10 was jumpimg on you he was just stating a fact that nobody knows where the planes are being built,hell if I knew where they were I would have been knocking on his door 3 months ago asking for my plane.Now I hear they are going to farm out the work to another company in who knows where,that will be a good thing if it all works out .
Old 07-25-2003, 08:18 PM
TX-Deck

Anyone know of an RC manf/vendor in the Tennessee state?

TX-Deck
Old 07-25-2003, 08:36 PM
zapper

Default to motorman

This is one of the serious problems with forum interaction. You can't see the other person's face. I should have ended with a big smiley face emoticon. I was agreeing with you motorman and I guess I misstated my point. I was in no way jumping on you, just the opposite.....You made a good point but it has no answer....unless TX-Deck has more manufacturing locations in mind....how about Federal Dam, Minnesota or Yuma, Arizona....
Old 07-25-2003, 09:15 PM
Iflyglow

Default To sloper 10

I am sorry for the miss understanding.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:29 AM
JagBone

Originally posted by barrelracer
Motorman I do not think Sloper10 was jumpimg on you he was just stating a fact that nobody knows where the planes are being built,hell if I knew where they were I would have been knocking on his door 3 months ago asking for my plane.Now I hear they are going to farm out the work to another company in who knows where,that will be a good thing if it all works out .

I know of one plane that was built in a garage some freakin where.:idea: Without retracts or a scale $200 cockpit with Italian leather seats.
Old 07-26-2003, 01:46 AM
hattend

Originally posted by Tail Winds
I know of one plane that was built in a garage some freakin where.:idea: Without retracts or a scale $200 cockpit with Italian leather seats.
Okay, I'll bite: Where's "some freakin' where"? Is that north or south Florida?
Old 07-26-2003, 01:56 AM
zapper

I believe Tail Winds was speaking of the one plane that we saw being constructed in someone's laundry room.....it's that forum thing again....
Old 07-26-2003, 10:28 AM
JagBone

Correct sloper.
I wasn't trolling either.
Old 07-26-2003, 11:18 PM
Iflyglow

Has any one ever contacted the better business bureau about the poor business practices that appear to be taking place. The plane was sold with the retract option and after actually building the plane the landing gear geometry problem popped up. :stupid: That kind of spells out what your money really went for R/D. I my self would be flaming if I had ordered a car, prepaid with a V8 and the company come back later and told me I could only get a 4 CYL because of design issues, but later on I could swap in a V8 if I wanted to.

This is just my opinion
Old 07-27-2003, 11:21 AM
JagBone

Interesting promise about the Berkut:

"Pongo-Air-RC.com is an authorized distributor of the Fusco RC products. This kit will be shipped factory direct following receipt of payment. "

Gone in only four more hours folks-
EBAY Item number: 3139814384
Old 07-27-2003, 03:41 PM
dunk-RCU

Interesting at fuscoaircraft.com all reference to the King Air and other planes have been remove only the Berkut Long-EZ and Quickie 1/4 are there.... and everything listed as through an local distributor nearest you.

MOTORMAN17, I posted about the BBB back in June only to get a nasty email and PM from Val showing his true colors.... its sad because if it becomes a real flyable product I would have purchased the Long-EZ it is one of my favorite designs... in real AC Form.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:05 PM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

Just got off of E-Bay check out e-bay item 3139625607 from Kerr Aircraft.It is the same yellow Long -Ez plane that was on Fusco site,there cannot be two of the exact yellow planes out there.It is a new in box kit ,I thought Fusco had the rights to that plane.
Old 07-27-2003, 05:19 PM
hattend

Kerr longezes and St Croix longezes are not the same animal.

The Kerr kits were fully molded glass/foam wing kit and the St Croix (Fusco) are foam and wood kits. I have both versions.

Since he's showing you what the plane look like and that the Kerr kit for sale is described as still unassembled, I'm guessing that seller "borrowed" the pic off the Fusco site to show what it will look like when it's done.

I can send you a pic of what the unassembled kit looks like, if you would like (not that I could get it to you in time to win the auction)

Don
Old 07-27-2003, 05:56 PM
hattend

Originally posted by dunk
Interesting at fuscoaircraft.com all reference to the King Air and other planes have been remove only the Berkut Long-EZ and Quickie 1/4 are there.... and everything listed as through an local distributor nearest you.

See Mike Jame's letter above. His planes (other than the Berkut) are now being developed, built and sold through him only, so Fusco took them out of the ads.

Just some edification...not a pro or con to your statement.

Don
Old 07-27-2003, 11:27 PM
TX-Deck

Mike also adds somewhere in there that nothing in his website is "for sale" per say, where you can place an order for any particular product. I think he is going for development only at this point in time.

TX-Deck
Old 07-28-2003, 01:28 AM
Iflyglow

I had emailed the seller on ebay asking how soon it would be shipped after recieving payment. The responce I recieved is (3 weeks following receipt of payment). For some odd reason I do not believe that. I did not post earlier because I was at the "EAA" looking at real Long-eze's. Has anyone ordered there plane from that dealer or are they all from the manufacturer.

This is just my opioion
Old 07-28-2003, 01:42 AM
Iflyglow

I just looked at Fus*** web site, since they have changed the proposed model line up, maybe its time they make some kind of press release since there web page shows pictures of, and talks about kits from which other posts claim will not be produced.

This is just my opionion.
Old 07-28-2003, 01:42 AM
hattend

Motorman17,

If you're talking about the Kerr Longeze, it is no longer being made. They folded up shop almost 2 years ago.

The ebay Kerr Longeze is an older model that somebody is selling. There shouldn't be a 3 week wait after receiving funds unless he's doing that because he's accepting a check.

It's not because the plane has to be built.

Don
Old 07-28-2003, 01:44 AM
Iflyglow

Originally posted by hattend
Motorman17,

If you're talking about the Kerr Longeze, it is no longer being made. They folded up shop almost 2 years ago.

The ebay Kerr Longeze is an older model that somebody is selling. There shouldn't be a 3 week wait after receiving funds unless he's doing that because he's accepting a check.

It's not because the plane has to be built.

Don
No, I am talking about the 1/3 scale Berkut.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.