Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 08:46 PM
fuscoaircraft
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fusco Aircraft Berkut Shipment Update!

Dear Fusco Aircraft Customers:

We are writing to notify you of a production delay in the Berkut-Long EZ aircraft you recently ordered from Fusco Aeronautics Corporation, and to reward you for your patience with a greatly improved version of the kit, at no additional cost to you.

The Berkut-Long EZ is a handcrafted, custom-built aircraft that is made-to-order only after your order was placed. Fusco Aeronautics’ staff designs and assembles each kit by hand to ensure the finest quality in the manufacturing process. The Berkut is not mass-produced or factory built like most other RC aircraft. This tailor-made workmanship is what sets Fusco Aeronautics apart from other RC manufacturers.

Demand for the Berkut was overwhelming following our initial promotion earlier this year announcing the availability of the aircraft, as substantial discounts were given to customers who responded quickly. Each kit was assigned a unique serial number to correspond with your order, and customers are guaranteed to receive their identified aircraft accordingly in the sequence that orders were placed.

We anticipate your kit may not be shipped for another 3 to 4 weeks. We will notify you again as your shipment date approaches to give you a more definitive timeline. In the meantime, we have decided to give you special consideration, as our way of thanking you for your patience.
We’ve made various improvements over the development of the Berkut-Long EZ, and each of these requires changes in our tooling (plugs, molds, etc.) and production methods. You may have noticed that the new Berkut-Long EZ has a price nearly double that of the introductory offer. That’s because, among other improvements, we’ve added these special features:

• Inboard wing panels, as well as the fuselage mid-section and molded speed brake now include Kevlar reinforcement. These parts are now stiffer and stronger, with no additional weight.

• We now include a separate molded fiberglass canopy. Non-scale builders have the option of using that piece as a unit, without the clear inserts. Scale builders will have the option of using the molded fiberglass frame to create a more realistic “3D” look for the canopy.

• Landing gear geometry has been improved, and uses standard Robart (75-degree) retracts. Molded landing gear doors and wheel well liners are included, making this assembly much easier.

• A simpler, yet more sturdy method for mounting the canard, and easier access to all internal linkages.

• An extremely deluxe hardware/accessory package, which you will appreciate.

You will be receiving a kit worth approximately $1000, for approximately half price. Those of you who took advantage of the offer which included the 1/5th scale Long EZ kit and free shipping will be getting a $1000 kit, plus a $250 Long EZ kit, for quite a bit less. We understand your frustration, but strongly believe that once you receive the Berkut-Long EZ, you will find it was worth the wait. If you wish to cancel your order, we will honor your request with a full refund within 30 days.

We regret this delay in shipment and sincerely hope you will retain your order. Your satisfaction with the quality of our aircraft is of utmost importance to us. Please let us know if we can address any questions or concerns you may have by contacting us at 800-492-3551.

We appreciate your patience and cooperation, as well as your business.

Thank you,

Val’a Fusco
Chairman and CEO
Fusco Aeronautics Corporation
Old 07-12-2003, 02:00 AM
zapper

Well Mr. Fusco, it seems as if this is the only viable thread remaining........I sincerely hope that it remains true to it's original intent.......
Old 07-12-2003, 02:04 AM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, if this one goes away we can always start another one.
Old 07-12-2003, 02:57 AM
fpayer
My Feedback: (22)

Default Fusco = f.... you

How long are they trying to keep people at bay. I am following this now for months and all i see is one excuse after another. Were I come from we say ( put up or shut up ) not here. You all should write this date in a calender and then wait till the next excuse comes. Ha what a pretty story. The way i see it is all you get for your hard earned money is a long story where nobody knows the ending yet. Mhhhh wonder how much money has been taken sitting in a bank and somebody drawing intrest on it or even better getting things financed very cheap no interest topay to anybody. . And dont hack me for voicing my opinion ( its my right )
Old 07-12-2003, 11:25 AM
heli001
My Feedback: (5)

Default Fusco Update

Please note that this was posted on April 23, 2003

We anticipate your kit may not be shipped for another 3 to 4 weeks. We will notify you again as your shipment date approaches to give you a more definitive timeline.
Has anyone that has paid upfront, received any Updates .....? 3 to 4 weeks passed a long time ago.......Anyone received their canopies yet....?

Let's keep this one on topic, PLEASE.....!
Old 07-12-2003, 02:33 PM
heli001

Default Tail Winds

I am reasonably sure that Sloper 10 just posted to the thread that Fusco did back in April.

Don't think anyone has herd any response from Fusco or any of it's staff in a long time.....which keeps the question alive......Where is the 1/3 Fusco Berkut Long EZ.....?

To my knowledge, there hasn't been any UPDATE to the site, as far as "Press Releases" since the May 10th one talking about the people that ordered retracts would have to wait a little longer. Then on the 23 of May, Fusco posted the above thread with the update about all of the changes that they were making. They added more pictures July 2nd, of the mold process.
Old 07-12-2003, 04:09 PM
zapper

Exactly heli001. Fuscoaircraft initiated this thread back in April with the stated purpose of keeping the customers informed of the Long EZs' progress. I've been checking this thread every week or so for updates. Obviously there have been none but it is, I think, the only Fusco/Long EZ thread remaining. As I stated in post #2, I hope this thread remains true to it's intent...
Old 07-12-2003, 08:00 PM
barrelracer
My Feedback: (99)

In June I was told my canopy was being shipped june 30th,called last week was told canopy went out on the 30th and plane should be in my hands by July 17.As of todays date July 12th no canopy ,nothing .I sure hope this is going to work out this time ,because mainly I got these words from Val him self and it sure would help dispell some of the bad stuff that is being said .If it does not come to pass as he has told me I just donot know who to believe any more .
Old 07-12-2003, 08:18 PM
heli001

Default Canopy

I really wish someone could explain the reasoning behind shipping out the canopy ahead of the kit............just to get the easiest part to make, in your hand first....?
Old 07-12-2003, 08:22 PM
heli001

Default GWH

That link doesn't work...........
Old 07-13-2003, 05:59 PM
heli001

Default Post

Did someone remove GWH's post...? There gone.........
Old 07-13-2003, 07:41 PM
zapper

I was becoming concerned. You seemed to be speaking to the invisible poster...
Old 07-13-2003, 08:31 PM
gwh

I deleted my own post because the link did not work. However seach at Ebay for "Experienced pilots" for an interesting opportunity.

Does anyone else remember the all alumininum P-51 kit that was marketed for several years in the late eighties with lots of promises, a few working parts were shown in the media and then the project dissappeared?
Old 07-13-2003, 08:38 PM
fpayer

Default The saga continues

http://cgi.EBAY. COM/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...category=19164

please no more, some of us already lost enough, not just money

MAKE SURE YOU MOVE THE COM CLOSER TO THE DOT.
Old 07-14-2003, 04:38 PM
Iflyglow
My Feedback: (79)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Does this plane only exist in prototype form

I have been around RC for about 25 years, and full size my whole life and have seen many products come and go. If this is true that people have prepaid and not recieved a kit yet, how can busssiness sell them on ebay while they do not even seem to be produced yet. I would be curious to what kind of shipping date they would give you. Seems to me like very poor business practices.
This is just my opinion and thoughts
Old 07-14-2003, 05:00 PM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The sellers on e-bay used to say "60 days wait" in their descriptions. Not sure if they still have those disclaimers...4 months later.

Don
Old 07-14-2003, 05:33 PM
TX-Deck

Here is what I know about the canopies. Val'a had offered to ship the canopies to me separate from the order, and I wasn't really concerned about it so I called him and told him to just hang on to them if he wanted to, and send them with the final product. He indicated that it was more of a concern of the canopies getting damaged in shipment, and he preferred to ship them aside from the final box ahead of time.

As for the 60 day turn-around on the 1/3 scale, that is the amount of time my patience is being based around. At the time of my order in mid-May (mother's day to be exact), all new orders seen on eBay and such had the 60 day disclaimer on them. If these are 60 working days, then I have till mid-August before I need be concerned. I received the 1/5 scale approx. 4 days after the order was placed, so if in fact I never see the 1/3 I'm technically only out the difference in price. All things considered, for ME this is an acceptable risk, as I still believe that Val'a Fusco will come thru on his offer.

Thanks for your time,
TX-Deck
Old 07-14-2003, 05:44 PM
Pugsley-RCU
My Feedback: (15)

Default It sounds like....

there is a lot of talk about the 1/3 delay, but customers have the 1/5 scale in hand. Has anyone finished a 1/5 scale yet? How is it? How well does it fly?

Thanks,

Pugs
Old 07-18-2003, 05:53 PM
heli001

Default Pugsley

As I understand it, the 1/5th scale Long EZ was stock that was acquired from the purchase of St Croix models.

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think that Fusco has been running any new kits of the 1/5th, just selling stock on hand, that they received in the sale. Their website says that "THEY" have been manufacturing the Long EZ for over twenty years.....but I am truly not sure as to how much truth is in that statement..........

Quote from Fusco site:

"Our Long EZ Kit has been manufactured for over twenty years and in fact we are the only aircraft corporation on the globe that manufacturers the 1/5 Long-EZ kit!"
Old 07-18-2003, 08:24 PM
fpayer

Default The Dreamworld of Mr. Fusco

Just seen the advertisment of Fusco Air here on RCU. Mhhhh let me see what did it say?.......oh ja it said it's worth the wait. Damn it didnt take that long to build Disneyland
Old 07-19-2003, 04:39 AM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

Default 1/5 Scl EZ

Quote by heli001,

As stated by Fusco the "kit" has been in production for over 20 years not that they have been producing them for over 20 years.

"Our Long EZ Kit has been manufactured for over twenty years"
Notice " OUR " is not the same as they.
Our shows possession as in " the kit has been in production for over 20 years by other manufacturers and Fusco now owns the rights to manufacture the kit
Old 07-19-2003, 11:37 AM
JagBone

Default sour grapes

It is all a confounding mystery.

"“I’m excited about helping Fusco build its distribution and sales program,” Willis said. “By leveraging the power of the Internet, we hope to enhance our customer service and bring our RC aircraft sales to a new level. The Internet not only eases the coordination process for our distributors, but also saves hobbyists time and money—and puts our kits into their hands more efficiently.”

Hummm.
Old 07-19-2003, 12:21 PM
heli001

Default Ramboamt

Short of having a Doctorate in English, which you would probably need, to figure out that "THEY", did not manufacture the kit for the last 20 years.........

By showing possession, "Our", THEY are misleading the customer by making THEM think that, THEY have been manufacturing the kit for the past 20 years.

Looks like THEY could have stated it as you did.........." the kit has been in production for over 20 years by other manufacturers and Fusco now owns the rights to manufacture the kit "

Just a matter of semantics................thanks for the lesson
Old 07-19-2003, 06:48 PM
ramboamt
My Feedback: (36)

heli001,

upon reading my earlier post I'm sorry if it sounded condescending.

"thanks for the lesson "

Your welcome.
Old 07-23-2003, 12:26 PM
zapper

Originally posted by barrelracer
In June I was told my canopy was being shipped june 30th,called last week was told canopy went out on the 30th and plane should be in my hands by July 17.As of todays date July 12th no canopy ,nothing .I sure hope this is going to work out this time ,because mainly I got these words from Val him self and it sure would help dispell some of the bad stuff that is being said .If it does not come to pass as he has told me I just donot know who to believe any more .
Hey barrelracer. Did your canopy arrive on time?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.