Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

H9 Cap232 1/4 Jet Engineering Muff

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

H9 Cap232 1/4 Jet Engineering Muff

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2002, 04:54 AM
*Gilly-delete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H9 Cap232 1/4 Jet Engineering Muff

Howdy,
I remember reading some time ago, someone put a jet engineering, incowl muffler into one of these 1/4 scale caps. They mentioned they had to cut the cowl up a bit and they couldn't extend the outlet. If you have done this or had experience with these mufflers could you post your experiences, eg, how big a hole you had to cut in the cowl, if you can extend the outlet without killing the performance etc, and if so could you please provide pictures of this.

Thanks Gilly
Old 03-10-2002, 06:57 PM
Tyler-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Default Jett muffler

Hi,

I have this combo for the H9 cap and OS 1.60fx. I just began the kit, and will be cutting into the cowl sometime this next week. I will try to remember to post some pics for you.

I bought this muffler due to the added torque Dub claims it will add to the OS 1.60. I am hoping for the torque curve of the saito 180/ ys140 with the smoothness and throttle response of the OS two stroke. Total power should be close to 5hp with low nitro. Ye-haa!!

Tyler
Old 03-11-2002, 08:13 AM
*Gilly-delete

Sounds good can't wait to see them. Also what prop and rpm?
Old 03-12-2002, 01:50 PM
ninefingers
My Feedback: (18)

Gilly,
Have you heard one of those Jett in-cowl mufflers? I put one on an OS 1.08 and it sounded like dukey. I didnt notice much of a performance difference. Might have been a couple hundred RPMs. My planes over-powered anyway so I choose cool sound! I wound up putting my Slim Line in-cowl back on.