Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Maxford Jenny

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Maxford Jenny

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Sparky71
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maxford Jenny

Need input on the Maxford USA Curtiss Jenny ARF, thinking about the 50" model, should I go glo or electric?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:43 PM
AMB

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Maxford Jenny

Have only seen the pix so do not know if fus is ply it really depends on the construction my E Flight beaver is quite wellconstructed wt about 6 lbs it has a 25 enya diesel would
easily handle a 40 glow or diesel it is also a 68 " span but a 60 bipe has a lot of wing surface area, the usual drill is to glue on a 1/8 ply firewall to the original and put your mount on that martin
Old 05-05-2008, 11:52 PM
rc2007

Those prices have kept me from buying anything from them
Old 05-09-2008, 11:30 AM
Sparky71

Do you know of any other Jennys ARF that have a better price?
Old 05-09-2008, 02:43 PM
Oregon Craig

Just based on coolnees factor, glow 4-stroke. I hate that high pitched electric whiny sound.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:01 PM
khodges
My Feedback: (1)

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Same here. I thought of the 50" version with a .30 Saito. As light as the plane is, ought to be enough for scale flight. Haven't seen the two smaller ones, but I have seen big one. pretty neat, but I don't care for the transparent cover version.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:10 PM
dgliderguy

I'll be doing a review article of the 50" Curtiss Jenny for RC Sport Flyer magazine, starting this weekend. Going with the Torque 2818 outrunner, but after I'm done with the review and pictures etc., I'm going to be mounting my Magnum 30 four-stroker in it. Nice bit of kit from what I've examined so far looks like it will be a lovely model when done, and a good candidate for conversion to 4C glow power.

Don
Old 05-14-2008, 12:05 PM
dgliderguy

I started on the Jenny last night, installing servos and motor. Now that I am actually holding it in my hands and working on it, I can say that it is not going to be a good candidate for the Magnum 30 four-stroker after all. Too small and delicate. If I do convert it to glow, I will put an OS10FP in the nose. Not only is there a difference in weight (9.5oz vs. 3.9oz), but power output and prop size as well. I really thought that, at 50", the Jenny would be able to handle the bigger motor, but it is a small airframe for its span. Sometimes the only way to know what engine to use is to heft the model and let it talk to you.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:54 PM
Sparky71

Just saw the 50" Atlanta Hobby Jenny in MA, sounds identical to the Maxford but a little higher in price, could it be the same kit? The Maxford electric combo is $30 less than the Atlanta looks like a different motor.
Old 05-23-2008, 01:55 PM
dgliderguy

ORIGINAL: Sparky71

Just saw the 50" Atlanta Hobby Jenny in MA, sounds identical to the Maxford but a little higher in price, could it be the same kit? The Maxford electric combo is $30 less than the Atlanta looks like a different motor.
Yeah, same kit... the Green Models 50" Jenny.
Old 07-16-2008, 07:52 PM
wa9zkq81

I orderes the combo with the motor and speed control. The motor wont Fit without cutting a huge hole in the front of the cowl. Also, the motor comes with a lot of pars, but no instructions whatsoever. I have e-mailed Maxford, but have gotten no reply. Has anyone figured out what the extra shaft is for?
The plane is beautifully made, but this is not a plane for a brginner.