Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

can I use this fuel?????

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

can I use this fuel?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:35 PM
matador_24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can I use this fuel?????

Hello guys, I have been flying helis for almost one year, I always use 15% cool power, I am starting with planes now, first thing I got is a mustang of hangar 9 with OS .46 FXi......

Can I use the same 15% cool power HELIS with this engine???? the guys at the LHS told me no but all planes guys at the field tell me yes...

What is the truth about that????

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2008, 03:14 PM
d_bodary
My Feedback: (85)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: can I use this fuel?????

Yes you can. Personally i prefer using the Omega in ABC engines. But the Cool Power will work fine.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:17 PM
pumbadog

I use 15% in my .40 thru .60 size engines. It'll run fine. It's easier to run heli fuel in aircraft than it is aircraft fuel in heli. Heli fuel has more caster oil in it. The only down side you're going to get running it in the airplane is more slime from the exhaust.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:24 PM
Fastsky

Just make sure that the oil content is at least 18%.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:30 PM
skiman762

15% coolpower heli has no castor in it which is why castor fans call it cruelpower
Coolpower 15% heli and aero both have 17% synthetic lubricant

You need Omega if you want some castor oil but the heli 15% has less castor then the 15% aero
both have 17% the areo is 30/70 castor/syn and the heli is 2/98 castor/syn.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:25 PM
Mr. Mugen

Personally if it doesn't have castor, I don't use it. Only exception is in my YS engines. They do not like the castor.
Old 06-29-2008, 03:16 AM
haasjj

ORIGINAL: matador_24

Hello guys, I have been flying helis for almost one year, I always use 15% cool power, I am starting with planes now, first thing I got is a mustang of hangar 9 with OS .46 FXi......

Can I use the same 15% cool power HELIS with this engine???? the guys at the LHS told me no but all planes guys at the field tell me yes...

What is the truth about that????

Thanks!

Well there are plenty of answers above but I figured I'd put in my 2 cents anyway. Yes you can use 15%Cool Power in a plane with a OS46, I use cool power in all my planes that way I only have to buy to different kinds of fuel 30% for my my heli and 15% for my planes and if I run out of one I can always use the fuel in both.

I'm guessing the guy at the LHS just wanted to sell you some fuel, but he might not have know that the fuel could be used but if that is the case he needs to learn more about the products he's selling.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:00 AM
matador_24

Yes, those guys really do not know what they sell, that is why I prefered to ask in the forum.

I am going to be flying more my heli for now, I`ll still use the 15% cool power for the mustang but when I get the chance, I`ll get some fuel for planes too...

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2008, 09:20 AM
skiman762

If your using 15% coolpower heli it's the exact same fuel as the aero so no need to have both
go to morganfuels web site and you can see all the different blends

http://www.morganfuel.com/
Old 06-29-2008, 09:31 AM
carrellh

Do not buy fuel based on 'marketing' terms. Many fuel makers sell the same fuel under several different names.
Check the labels, or the company web sites, to find out what is in the fuel and buy based on whether it has the type, and amount, of oil that your engines need.

Your Cool Power is a perfect example of 'marketing' terms being used to influence buying decisions when the product is identical.

http://www.morganfuel.com/cp_faq.htm#8
Is there a differances in the CP 15% and the CP 15% heli?
No there is no difference. At one time there was a difference between the 15% aero fuel and the 15% heli. Originally the heli fuel contained an anti-foam additive and there was a slight difference in the lubricant package. Now all of our fuels contain anti-foam and working with Cliff Hiatt (former World Champion) we discovered that the aero lubricant package worked better in the Helis so now both formulations are the same.