Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Hanger 9 Pulse XT ARF

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Hanger 9 Pulse XT ARF

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2008, 02:20 PM
wot4dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hanger 9 Pulse XT ARF

Can anyone give me any information on the Hanger 9 Pulse XT arf as I'm thinking of buying one.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Bob Mitchell

Default RE: Hanger 9 Pulse XT ARF

ORIGINAL: wot4dave

Can anyone give me any information on the Hanger 9 Pulse XT arf as I'm thinking of buying one.
There is a long thread that is currently on-going about the Pulse XT 60. Do a title search on "Pulse" and it should show up. It will probably answer most of your questions.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:54 PM
wot4dave

Thanks Bob.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:53 PM
HollywoodHitman

Dude,

If you can, get a Pulse and put your own engine in it. I have an OS 70 Surpass II 4 stroke in mine and it is an amazing flying aircraft. Your own powerplant and radio gives you some flexibility and control over what you choose to do!

LOVE this plane!
Old 07-22-2008, 10:32 AM
ser00

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi WOT,

The pulse is a really good plane. Definately a great choice for a second plane. It is very forgiving. Some suggestions though are as follows: Do not put the wheel pants on the plane because if the gear get torn off, the pants usually slam in the wing, punching holes into them. Second, I would use nylon 6-32 bolts instead of the metal bolts to hold the gear on. If you use the metal bolts and the gear come off, you are going to tear up the bottom of the fuselage. Not a real hard fix to do, but I rather spend my time flying. I have used nylon bolts since day one (I have about 40 flights on mine) and I have only ripped the gear off once (found the only hole in the flying field on landing). Absolutely no damage was done. Replace the bolts and took off again. One suggestion if you use the nylon bolts - make sure that you use the 1 inch long bolts and buy some Kelly forceps to remove the broken bolt ends left in the plane. It is very difficult to reach the bolts inside with your fingers and the Kelly forceps are curved on the end. I bought my at Hobby Lobby craft store. You can also get them at medical supply stores. I use a APC 11x6 prop on mine. This leaves very little clearance for the prop. I would suggest larger wheels to give you more clearance or use a smaller prop. The only negative I have to say about the plane is that the tail feathers seem kind of delicate in that they feel like they could break easily. If you have any more specific questions, please ask.

Happy Flying!
Old 07-22-2008, 01:00 PM
TideFlyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I`ll second that on the 6/32 nylon bolts. I have them on my 40 Pulse and they work great. The bolt heads absorb the stress of a " less than perfect" landing and simply shear off, saving the gear mount from potential damage. You can also get them at Lowe`s or Home Depot.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:56 AM
AETCBoom4

ORIGINAL: wot4dave

Been flying one for over a year, powered by a OS55 turning a 11x6 MAS s-2. What do you want to know?
Old 07-23-2008, 01:51 PM
wot4dave

Thanks for all the good advice lads. I'm off to Hastings on Saturday hopefully I'll be able to pick one up there. I'll let you know how I get on.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:29 PM
Axel40

Hey,
Coincidently I'm off to Hastings on Saturday as well

Coincidently I have a Pulse 60 XT as well.

You will love the model, I put a Saito 1.00 in mine and it certainly shifts. Really nice flying plane!
Old 07-26-2008, 12:03 PM
ro347
My Feedback: (13)

Had a pulse 40. Outstanding plane. Reinforce the internal landing gear area with epoxy and upgrade the tailgear wth a sullivan tail gear. I had 100s of flights on mine. I became known at my club for my knife edge with this plane. Also dont blame the plane for ripping out the landing gear. If you reinforce the area inside the fuse, that should be enough - just learn how to land properly. Make sure your CG is set properly as this affects landing speeds. If its more nose heavy than it should be...it will come in faster. I used an OS 46 ax. Good power for it. You can alos go with the cheaper Super Tiger 45. The break in process with the ST45 is longer....but the engine puts out GREAT power - especially for the price. I used an 11x6 prop. I usaully go through the airframe and use thin CA on all joints that I can reach for a little extra reinfrocement prior to assembly. `Greay looking plane, good performer....good buy!
Old 08-06-2008, 01:44 PM
fly24-7

They're all good planes. You'll just have to decide what size you want (there are 4 different sizes of this plane). I have the mini with an E-flite 450 motor and the XT 40 with the Evolution 46. I'd recommend going up to the EVO 52 or the OS 55AX on this one for better vertical performance. This fall, I'll add the XT 60. I plan to use an OS 91FX.

BTW, in the 2 yrs I've flown this plane (around 200 flights), I've never had a problem with the gear (I also fly off of a paved runway). This is hands-down one of the most durable planes I own. It comes out to the field on every trip. The only thing I've replaced on this plane is the wheels. Set #2 is almost worn out. The Pulse is a plane you can fly every weekend and it'll last.