Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Lateral Balance on EF Yak 74"

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Lateral Balance on EF Yak 74"

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 AM
djcmeeks
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lateral Balance on EF Yak 74"

Hey all,

I've been doing the last few adjustments to my EF Yak and am not sure if I am laterally balancing it correctly. Right now the CG is dead on 6" per manufacturers recomendation. I have a Saito 1.80 side-mounted w/ pitts muffler. In order to counter act the side-mount weight I added 1 and 1/4 ounce of lead to inside end of the left wing. I have been balancing by lifting the tail by putting a piece of string under the top robart hing of the rudder then picking up by the prop (prop is horizontal). It seems to be balanced when I do that. However, if I just let the tail balance on the rear wheel and pick up by the prop it is a little heavy to the left.

So my question is does 1.25 ounces of lead sound like too much? I think I might take a 1/4 ounce out. Also my fuel tank is positioned slightly to the left of center in the fueselage becuase I needed room for my throttle servo. With a full tank will that throw of the latteral balance too much? Should I make the latteral balance a little right side heavy(dry) to counter act a full tank?

Any insight would be appreciated!