Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Nitro Planes' New Messerschmitt Bf 109F

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Nitro Planes' New Messerschmitt Bf 109F

Old 08-18-2008, 04:22 PM
wesson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nitro Planes' New Messerschmitt Bf 109F

Hello All:

I note that Nitro Planes has just released a 73" span Messerschmitt Bf 109F (HAHN). I purchased their FW 190 last year and was rather disappointed. In particular, the painted heat shrink covering on the wings and grossly out of scale canopy among other more minor issues, but for the $160 purchase price I was willing to accept the problems with the model. The BF 109 is selling for $299 and I'm not sure that I want to take a chance with this one []. Is there anyone contemplating purchasing the BF 109? Is there someone who already has one? In the advert on the website, they do mention that the “balsa wing is spray painted.” I wonder what they mean by that.

[link]http://www.nitroplanes.com/cmpmebf10h12.html[/link]

Peter
Old 08-18-2008, 07:20 PM
opjose

Default RE: Nitro Planes' New Messerschmitt Bf 109F

It's been calling to me...

The "spray painted" CMP models ( I have the Hellcat ) use paint over a cloth like material.

A lot of the guys in the Warbirds CMP Hellcat thread, pull this off and recover the entire plane, to customize the finish...

However others report fairly good results if they apply some TopFlite clear coat to the plane as it comes.

Leaving it as is, without doing something to protect it, seems to be frowned upon.

Apply that to the BF109...
Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 AM
jes36

I bought one and I am building it now. I am on my second one now because both where damaged in shipping. The plane looks outstanding. I do question the longevity of the paint. The wings have covering on them and they have been spray painted.
Old 08-29-2008, 02:05 PM
wesson

Hello Jes36:

After posting my observation/question on this thread, I learned that there already was a build thread on the CMP BF 109. I should have first completed a search. Anyway my bad. I'm sitting on the fence trying to decide whether or not I want to buy one. As the flying season winds down and the building season begins here in the north, I suspect that I'll cave and get one.

Cheers,

Peter

[link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_7818487/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm[/link]
Old 11-07-2008, 12:34 PM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I just ordered 2 ME 109's from Nitro Models for my buddy and myself. I will let you know how they look in a few days afer I get them in.