Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Will Hobby Dago Red Mustang

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Will Hobby Dago Red Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Sourkraut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will Hobby Dago Red Mustang

I stumbled across this arf kit at a local hobby shop, looked interesting, so I bought it. The kit seems to be very well assembled and complete. The obvious places will have to be reglued and epoxied but all in all a nice looking plane.
The question I have is, that the plane comes with mechanical retracts and they are not drilled out for the front landing gear wires. I have never seen this. Should I just drill them out to the size of the wire or should I just junk them and get some better ones?

Cheers

Curt
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94314.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	1025887   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63810.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	35.2 KB
ID:	1025888   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gm21967.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	1025889   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ng99506.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	1025890  
Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 AM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Will Hobby Dago Red Mustang

I built the Voodo version a couple years ago and they were drilled. I think you may have gotten defective ones. Either way, if you plan on keeping her a long time, I would upgrade.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig13667.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	1025979  
Old 09-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Sourkraut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ram 3500..... thanks for the reply. I probably will just junk them and get either Robarts or Spring/Airs. I would hate to crack it up landing because of the cheap retracts. A couple other questions. What did you power yours with? Was it a good, stable flyer or??? How were the landings...Hot or docile??

Thanks

Curt
Old 09-04-2008, 11:43 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Sourkraut

Ram 3500..... thanks for the reply. I probably will just junk them and get either Robarts or Spring/Airs. I would hate to crack it up landing because of the cheap retracts. A couple other questions. What did you power yours with? Was it a good, stable flyer or??? How were the landings...Hot or docile??

Thanks

Curt
I built it and then sold it before I got an engine in it. The buyer in Florida, as I recall, loved it. I think he was putting a Saito 80 in it. It was a couple years ago. I enjoyed the construction but as with so many of these over seas companies, the manual was poor. I also changed the tail gear and used pull pull on the rudder. I thought the Will Hobbies planes were above average in quality over all, with good construction, well done covering, and an excellent match on painted parts. I have built several of them, both war birds and sport planes. Not sure how they are now.