Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

CMP Factory pictures

Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

CMP Factory pictures

Old 09-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Yak18
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CMP Factory pictures

If I lived in China that's where I'd be working. Love it.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:10 PM
ceecrb1

I have to say i'm surprised. Conditions were far beter than I thought, they seem to be well stocked with relative safety, the woodwork guys have masks and open windows beside the workbenches...
the factory is clean and organised and the office does not seem to be a place with "overly high luxury" where the office staff are in 5* luxury while the factory staff slum it.

My trainer came from this factory (its wings are visible in one photo) and it is nice to see that I could've bought from a FAR less looked after workforce!!

I have to say, I bet the fashion trade has factories in far lesser conditions for far more expensive items!!!

Overall I get the feeling that each and every one of the staff are far more skilled builders in each area than I am, and a lot more is done by hand that I thought. I was expecting to see a lot more use of building jigs and "moulds" taking skill away from the staff, but I seem to be wrong!
Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 AM
outdoorhunting

OK., Mr. Moderator. I went back through the threads. Where did you see you're " Capit-unism" ? I didn't see anything. To eliminate such an interesting thread because you see something you don't like seems a little "not right". Why not cancel out the offending single statement & let the thread go on ? This will probably get me in trouble, but I've seen some pretty interesting thread " dissapear" because the moderator disagreed with one little statement. Don't get me wrong, I think RCU is about the greatest thing since sliced bread.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:06 AM
tIANci

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Its true that there is hardly anything here that might be heading towards something ugly. I feel all the forumers here are pretty pleased to see how nice the CMPro factory is. Perhaps its not necessary to be overly cautious ... forumers are pretty well behaved nowadays.

outdoor ... I seen some where a 'forumer with status' makes scathing personal attacks but was not deleted. Now I am gonna be in trouble ... heheheheee
Old 09-09-2008, 12:54 PM
SunShyne
My Feedback: (68)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: outdoorhunting

OK., Mr. Moderator. I went back through the threads. Where did you see you're " Capit-unism" ? I didn't see anything. To eliminate such an interesting thread because you see something you don't like seems a little "not right". Why not cancel out the offending single statement & let the thread go on ? This will probably get me in trouble, but I've seen some pretty interesting thread " dissapear" because the moderator disagreed with one little statement. Don't get me wrong, I think RCU is about the greatest thing since sliced bread.

my comment was not directed to anyone in particular but as a blanket statement as a preemptive measure to keep trolls from inciting, that's all

Old 09-09-2008, 01:11 PM
nilsreinert123

Discovery Channel should make a program from this factory in the "How its made" series
Old 09-09-2008, 10:18 PM
tIANci

Trolls ... how do we truly exterminate them? Discovery program on ARF manufacturing? Wow ... that would be interesting. Maybe someone should go visit CMPro in China and make some videos then upload it on YouTube. That would be so cool.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:29 AM
flyingbells

nothing quite like a China ARF shopping tour When I was in China on business, I was visiting boring garment factories. Wish I knew a few model plane ones. Nothing beats buying from direct fty, best is if they let you weigh and hand pick the parts

keep on dreaming...
Old 09-10-2008, 08:00 AM
tIANci

Flyingbell ... I have a friend who picks and chooses at the LHS! Three to four boxes to get one plane ... I wish I could see one of those factories, talk about a kid in a candy store.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:38 AM
drdoom
My Feedback: (9)

Looks like they are using Household Iron's to apply the covering.
Old 09-11-2008, 02:21 PM
outdoorhunting

Surely, you're not suggesting any kind of favoritizim are you? I think I'm just too stinking courious, when I click on a thread & it comes up deleted. I'd just about pay to see what the Mods deleted !!!!!!! When all is said, RCU is a great place to chat & learn !!!!
Old 09-11-2008, 03:20 PM
SJN

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Very nice pictures.

I hope CMPro make the Spectre jet soon
Old 09-11-2008, 05:01 PM
longdan

Looks just like my workshop - I wish. Cool pics.
Old 09-11-2008, 11:22 PM
HEMICUDA

Thank you for posting the great pics! Not at all what I thought it would look like,
definitely not a "sweat shop". That was really neat and I'd like to have a factory tour
with free samples at the end![8D]
Old 09-12-2008, 12:12 AM
tIANci

longdan is dreaming ... hemi is fantasising! Heheheehe ... would it not be fun if RCU can sorta organise a tour to CMP factory? I think it will be a blast ... what do you all think?
Old 09-12-2008, 01:14 AM
VeeAte

ORIGINAL: tIANci

Flyingbell ... I have a friend who picks and chooses at the LHS! Three to four boxes to get one plane ... I wish I could see one of those factories, talk about a kid in a candy store.
So thats why every now and then I come across an ARF that has EVERYTHING wrong with it.

Jokes aside that place is very clean and well organised. What I would give for those fibreglass fuse and canopy moulds......

Also after seeing what those ladies can do with an iron that size on a plane imagine the fine(r) work they would do with a hobby iron......

They would put a lot of kit builders to shame.
I have looked over some of the CMPro planes at the field and I dont recall seeing dents or anything that would suggest something that large and bulky was used on the plane.

Those girls must have shoulder muscles from hell tho. Holding an iron that big in the air all day would give you a workout.

Excellent post. I had often wondered what the inside of a large ARF manufacturer's warehouse would look like. Now I know.
It looks like heaven......

I wonder if they would rent me an office to live in.....
Old 04-07-2009, 09:41 PM
dye2

ORIGINAL: Yak18

If I lived in China that's where I'd be working. Love it.
I am a chinese presently studying usa. I once worked in one of those small factories in guangdong province as a technican , where cmp factory is located. i have been enjoying building my own models since around 5 grade. i'd like to tell you the job in a factory is very different from a hobby. those jobs are very tedious because a specific person usually have to focus on a specific task, and he/she have to repeat it again and again and again for all the day. If you want make more money, you have to do it much faster and still meet the quality control standard. that is a great pressure. even in chinese standard, the workers are not very well paid. fortunately, the living standard in china is very low. usually the worker live in the dorm afforded by the factory for free, and only pay nominal money (two or three quarters) for a meal. with 10 bucks, you can get a full table of yummy dishes and share them with a couple of friends. The workers are usually from the coutryside of relatively poor provinces. eventhough their salary is much lower than that of people working for state owned giant companies, goverment, universities and so on, it is much better than working in the rice land.

it is very interesting to see these photos. cmp is a famous model manufacture well known in china for high quality planes. but it is generally complained that their models are iron heavy and fly like a brick. there are some other companies that also make great products, several of them are better than cmp's in the term of flying. i have been looking for those planes in this country, but only found cmp is the most popular one, and others are hard to get or rediculous expensive when compared to cmp's.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:12 AM
Dai Phan
My Feedback: (2)

Hello all,

Next time we fly these ARF planes, just stop for a minute and give thanks to those who worked their butts off to give us what we enjoy today. These are the unsung heroes of the ARF world indeed. DP
Old 04-18-2009, 09:34 AM
larrysogla

I own the CMP Transall, CMP T-34, CMP Cessna 182 .50 size, CMP Cessna 182 1.40 size, Hobbico Twinstar, Vietnam made Dual Ace, Nitroplanes B-25 Mitchell, Nitroplanes Honda Jet, GMS engines, Turnigy motors, ESC, Lipo batteries, Turnigy 52cc gasoline engine, XYZ 26cc gas engine, beechwood 16", 18", 20" propellers etc., all made in China or Vietnam. NONE of the ARF's 71"-81" wingspan are over $224 and the CMP Cessna 182 .50 size(63" wingspan) is just $99. The 26cc gas engine is $129 and the 52cc gas engine is $159. The quality is much better than I expected for the CHEAP price I paid for it............sure I have to reinforce here and there if at all...............but really the build quality is BETTER than my untrained hands can do on a kit. I can fly in just a matter of a few days from purchase because it is an ARF and if I crash.........I have bought on the Twinstar($109) and Dual Ace($149) three of the same models because it is so CHEAP.......and the B-25($170) I have 2 of the same model.............so it allows me to indulge in this hobby without breaking my bank account. The CAD-CAM computer software, CNC machine tools and the computerized LASER cutters are what made it all possible. From here on it will only get faster, better and cheaper because of the advances in technology..................i.e. durable spray on pseudo fiberglass covering, moldable composites for formers, stringers, ribs and spars all formed in one molding operation..........eliminating most of the hands on assembly. Offshore manufacturing is moving forward very rapidly because of the computerized tools and software. We are very, very blessed because we earn DOLLARS and they earn YUAN or whatever currency they use offshore. The GIGANTIC trade imbalance is NOT good for us, but in the meantime......enjoy flying our ARF. 'Nuff said.
larry
Old 04-18-2009, 08:47 PM
ppkk

Which online store(s) distribute CMP products? Is Nitroplanes one of them?
Old 04-18-2009, 09:02 PM
Jetdesign
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks so much for this thread. I am very thankful for the people making out planes. I think about how long it would take me, and what I would need (and how much space) and without them I would not be flying planes.

Factory definitely looked cleaner and more organized than I expected, and bigger! That place is huge! I have worked in a couple of factories over the years and they didn't seem to be as nice as that one. Of course the attitude of the higher-ups always seems to be the most influential factor with most jobs, regardless of how nice or poor the facilities are.

This makes me want to buy a CMP plane. Hmm, what do I need...[8D]
Old 04-18-2009, 11:14 PM
rgm762
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: ppkk

Which online store(s) distribute CMP products? Is Nitroplanes one of them?
nitroplanes.com or AKmodels.com
Old 04-19-2009, 09:46 AM
larrysogla

ppkk,
I bought my CMP Transall(it was on sale for $150) and my CMP T-134($134.95) from Nitroplanes.com and I bought my CMP Cessna 50($99)and my CMP Cessna 140($199) from Hobbycity.com.
Since all these Chinese and Vietnamese ARF's(my Dual Ace twin engine) are made with computerized laser cutters, the quality of the formers, runners, spars, ribs etc. is impressive..............and since all of my fiberglass/balsa glow motor planes were bought only recently since last August 2008, the quality is much, much better than the ones that the factories were producing in the early stages way back in 2005-2006. The 2008 productions are impressive for the CHEAP prices.........especially if it is on SALE. With the recession, I am just waiting further along for these retailers to drop down their already cheap prices even more. For example, I missed out on the CMP Cessna 140 when Raidentech.com alerted me by e-mail that they had it on sale for an unbelievable low price of $149.95. Within a few days it was sold out. It turned out that they were closing out the CMP Cessna 140 because of copyright issues with Cessna over the Cessna trademark. So now I had to buy the same CMP Cessna 140 from Hobbycity.com for $199 and I was able to buy their very last Cessna 140 in stock and it was also as it turned out another close out sale over the copyright issues. I put myself on the e-mail list with a lot of the online retailers so I get their e-mail alerts on the closeouts and their one time only clearing out inventory sales. My CMP Transall I bought from Nitroplanes.com on their clearing out inventory sale for $150 and now it is back on their catalog for $199. Being on the e-mail list is the best way to catch the super low price sales from these online retailers. 'Nuff said.
larry
Old 04-19-2009, 12:20 PM
ppkk

rgm & larry -

Thanks very much for the responses. I will be on the look out for them, I already have a few kits/ARF's in the box ready to be built, but to your point, if there is a deal that is too good to pass up, I may just buy another one...
Old 07-31-2010, 11:28 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Anyone have any updated pics...this thread is a couple of years old.....have things changed?