Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Best & Worst ARF brands

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Best & Worst ARF brands

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 01:04 PM
tiggerinmk

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Re: Back to the plot....

Originally posted by Cdallas2
Thats what kits are for.
Good point but.... have you tried looking for a 'proper' Chipmunk?
Loads of Super Chipmunks but no Chipmunks, 'cept maybe two:
Dynaflite - too big, and Airsail - just right but who knows about 'em?
Old 06-05-2003, 02:55 PM
Cdallas2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best & Worst ARF brands

I've seen plans somwhere but can't remember where. Ask in the warbirds and scratch-built section and you'll get more info.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:55 PM
FlyinTiger
My Feedback: (45)

Default RE: Best & Worst ARF brands

I prefer kits but went out on a limb and bought a H9 ARF, it was outstanding construction and the hardware was more than adequate for a .40 size plane. On the other hand, I bought another ARF recently from Pacific Aeromodels, and WOW, the construction was LIGHT and very STRONG! See the User Reviews on the Edge 540T from PA and you can see some pictures of the construction. Never before have I seen a .40 size plane with a wing tube and plug in wings, pull-pull rudder, dual elevator servos in the tail, and interlocking aircraft ply motorbox! Tell me if you find another .40 size plane like this made by a different compay!
Old 07-14-2004, 09:16 PM
ckangaroo70
My Feedback: (51)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have not been in the hobby for 40 years like some can claim. I do not know everything about R/C Planes like some will claim they do. I do not consider the Plane that I am Flying at this moment to be the best ever like some will claim. I do not lay judgement on my fellow flyers Plane if I have not flown one, or owned one like it. I don't have the abillity to just look at a picture of a Plane, or hear its makers name and tell you it is bad like some of the experts can. I own a Couple Vmar ARF's, so it just has to be assumed that I am not mentally stable, and know very little about Planes.....and I would surely be lying if I told you that a Vmar was a good Flying Plane. The people that own all the best Planes, and they know who they are, will surely correct me when I state that a Vmar Plane Flys good. As a matter of fact I can almost admit that I am wrong when I say that a Vmar fly's well, cause I am usually wrong about lots of things. It's much like Tennis Shoes. We all know, and surely not a single sole will disagree that a $200 pair of Nike is just got to be better than my $13 Kmart Tennis Shoes. The Nike even makes you jump 2-3ft higher I think. Even though my Kmart Shoes look, feel, and smell the same as a pair of Nike. The Nike certainly have to be better because they cost $187 more. Mike Jordan wears them to, so you just know that they have to be better. Mike wouldn't lie about it! He probally even done them commercials for free because he likes his $200 shoe so much, and who would I be to argue with a shoe expert like Mike? My advice about what is good, and what is bad is to listen to the Experts. So even if you believe your Plane is awsome, and you really enjoy Flying it! You better throw it away if the Experts say it is no good. Listen to the rude NJ "Giggle....Giggle" guy in the earlier post! He sounds like a real expert! If he says "It is Crap"! Then you better take that to the bank and believe it is crap! I myself have always made the mistake in listening to the nice fellows who have actually owned and flown Planes like mine, but it probally makes more sense to find one of these R/C Plane Know-It-Alls in the forums. They are very hard to find because 99.9% of the people in the forums are all in the dark like me, and don't know a good Plane from a bad! If you search real hard though you will find that .01% that knows absolutely everything you ever wanted to know about R/C Planes..................
Old 07-14-2004, 09:27 PM
tIANci

Kangaroo ... I am fussy about my planes but still one of my favourite plane is the Phoenix Scanner (USD70) and my Black Horse SU31 (USD80). Both are El CHeapos but they are my favourites, even then the quality is very decent for the price unlike VMARs. It does not mean expensive = good or expensive = satisfaction. But when we talk about good or bad sometimes we leave out the issue of how it really flies and satisfaction out of the equation. Its about quality for the price. Just pure b*tching only. Not about slamming a brand for the heck of it.

I love some cheap wines and do not think a Moet is that good at all!
Old 07-15-2004, 05:17 AM
SBR_RV

well, i would proberly say WM and hanger9
Old 07-15-2004, 05:43 AM
tIANci

So WM is best and H9 is worst? Hahahaaaaaaaa ...
Old 10-01-2004, 12:50 PM
romanrc

The worst of all arf I see and have is the Lanier Giant Stinger. The poor glued plane in the market
Old 10-01-2004, 02:43 PM
P-40LUVR

Tigger
600,000..thats chump change,I thought everyone had that kind of money,heck at that price you ought to ask if they have more land!