Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 1,726 to 1,735 of 1735

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

RE: Great Planes Escapade .40 ARF

Yep. From the very beginning there was always some guy who wanted or did overpower the 40 Escapade. If you really want to do it, go ahead. For me, I think trying to get enough power without being crazy is where I would want to be. But that's just my opinion and I haven't put mine together yet. I plan on using a Magnum XLS 46. Should be plenty of power.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Tom, I have been flying my Escapade 40 with a Magnum XLS 46 for four years and it is plenty of power.

Bruce
    Bruce L. AMA# 54227
    Ultra Sport Brotherhood #15

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

How fast would you consider 'high speed' for the Escapade? I've clocked mine at 98mph (running electric) and it's rock solid.

ORIGINAL: jeffie8696

The Epade is known for having difficulties with high speed flutter so pushing the speed is done with caution.

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback

Perhaps yours has had the mods to prevent flutter? Or maybe you got one of the better ones. Mine fluttered with an Irvine 53 using an 11X7 prop. No damage but it did get my attention. And I had made mods to stop flutter.
    I am not being critical of the Epade it is one of my favorite planes but it has its limitations.
    In fact I am leaving just now to go fly it.
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    So, what happened to this thread? I am happy to report that I have literally nearly flown the wheels off my Epade and it is still fantastic. I have tried several engines and so far my favorite is the four stroke 52. It currently has an old Super Tigre 40 which does a good job too.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140507_145012.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	1993521  
    Club Saito # 677-Team Boca Bearings-Star Collectibles Muscatine-Glowhead Brotherhood #19

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I've powered mine with Super tiger 40 and 45 engines, and an OS 70 surpass. The Super Tiger 45 was my favorite, and fastest, clocked on radar 105.
    bhady

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    What's with the bolt holding the fuse sides together? Is that needed?

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jeffie8696 View Post
    So, what happened to this thread? I am happy to report that I have literally nearly flown the wheels off my Epade and it is still fantastic. I have tried several engines and so far my favorite is the four stroke 52. It currently has an old Super Tigre 40 which does a good job too.
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    I needed a little nose weight and at the same time it strengthens the cheeks so they don't vibrate. 2 birds

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    Thanks for the tip! Just finishing one up now for my buddy.....gee, that thing went together fast!
    # 93 in Club Saito; Carl Goldberg Ultimate Brotherhood # 12; Pulse brother # 2;Hellcat Brotherhood #8;P-47 Thunderbolt Brotherhood #18

Gallery
    My Gallery
    Models
    My Models
    Ratings
    My Feedback
    They certainly are a fast building plane and fly well too. Top value for my money.

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970